Hudson Card

Neonmoon

15 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

A backup QB who runs out of pocket at first sign of pressure,  bailed out on some passes by extraordinary receiver play,  throws into heavy pressure for incompletions, a couple of completed 7 yrd throws, an interception at crucial moment, and ultimately a loss.   So basically Card of 2017 is essentially the same as Card 2022.

Yup, not much improvement. I saw enough of him after that game. 

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Colt has 33 starts in his career including being the day 1 starting QB for the Browns in 2011.

There are 3 types of QBs in the draft. Guys who have it all. Guys who have all the mental and mechanical tools, but lack the physical measurements. Guys who have all the measurables but maybe need a bit of work on the mental side. Colt is the second guy, which is why he is still there to draft in the 3rd round. 

You are taking this the wrong way. If anything it's a compliment to how good Colt was, to be able to do so much while not being able capitalize on all of the playbook. Colt was amazing and I couldn't imagine how he would be with Kyler Murray's arm. 

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Some sportswriter once compared Colt to other QB's.  He said "Colt has limitations, the other guys have flaws".

Exactly. That dude worked the middle of the field like no other. He knew he couldn't throw the deep out on a rope and that was ok. He knew what he was good at and played to his strengths. 

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That is not what you said.

Who gives a shit what I originally said - if he wins today, this will be the first time he’s beaten a P5 team as a starter or coming in for a starter that was injured. That’s an abysmal record considering he’s had 6 opportunities. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Card has looked so much better, but our skill talent is just a nightmare for their secondary. Card has been poor with ball placement all night but it doesn't matter. This is what Sarkisian can do. He makes average QBs look good when the #1 reads are open all the time.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

Card is not great. He misses sure touchdowns. He throws late on routes. He holds the ball too long. He has poor mechanics. However, he’s finding receivers, he’s getting the ball there most of the time, and he’s moving away from pressure in the pocket. He’s also injured. Not bad overall. Texas would definitely be better with Ewers but he’s not as bad as some of you think. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

How the fuck are you clowns still hating on a guy who just threw for over 200 yards in a half?!?!?!?

He’s not amazing but he is a more than serviceable backup QB.

Because a lot of yards have come off designed underneath throws or screens to get WR’s in open space.  Then there’s WV’s DB’s are really bad and our WR’s are standing waiting for under thrown balls and they aren’t knocking them down or intercepting them. VS a decent defense those 200 yards aren’t there.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

How the fuck are you clowns still hating on a guy who just threw for over 200 yards in a half?!?!?!?

He’s not amazing but he is a more than serviceable backup QB.

Because if it's not perfection, everything is fucking calamity with folks.  Card has lousy pocket presence, has issues feeling pressure and his internal clock is really poor which probably means he's not processing quickly, but he's been fairly good tonight for a backup with a gimpy leg.  Let's just enjoy the win and hope Ewers (who has his own issues with pocket presence) gets back healthy in a couple weeks....

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Disco Strangler said:

He’s had a good game.  I love the high standard, but you  fuckers didn’t have to live through (or have forgotten) Gardere, Morenz, Mock, Heard, Snead, Harris . . . and the list goes on.   Other than Vince orColt, do you enjoy being a fan of this team of college kids?   

Yes Mrs. Card. I love Texas but let's not be blind to the guy panicking every single fucking time 

Thanks for your son being a part of the university though 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Yes Mrs. Card. I love Texas but let's not be blind to the guy panicking every single fucking time 

Thanks for your son being a part of the university though 

As Hudson’s mom, you have really hit my sweet spot.  I am embarrassed to say that your dirty talk has made me engorged.  Because I am post-menopausal, I have taken the liberty of putting some lube on the nightstand.  Since you are clearly either not married or your “wife” is remaining voluntarily celibate, come on over.  Hudson has this one in the bag (oh, I’m so hot) by 28 points.

1 minute ago, Disco Strangler said:

As Hudson’s mom, you have really hit my sweet spot.  I am embarrassed to say that your dirty talk has made me engorged.  Because I am post-menopausal, I have taken the liberty of putting some lube on the nightstand.  Since you are clearly either not married or your “wife” is remaining voluntarily celibate, come on over.  Hudson has this one in the bag (oh, I’m so hot) by 28 points.

fuck man...err ma'am you are getting me hard