NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Greens mad pooles gonna take his max monies slot on the team

For sure. Draymond absolutely feels like it's his job to toughen up young guys, keep their egos in check, force them to play defense, and make them prove themselves. Especially if he feels a soft dude is taking his money. He road Klay fucking hard prior to him getting paid.

Edited by aggie08

2 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

Draymond isn't worth the bs at his current salary much less paying him a max deal like he seems to expect. He's going to duck around and find out the way Dennis Schroder did. 

if the warriors choose poole over draymond they are nowhere near as scary moving forward.

24 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Draymond is like Robert Horry riding side car to real stars while winning multiple championships, except unlike Horry he is a arrogant piece of shit who believes himself worthy of max dollars. Maybe he’s the gay love child of Horry and Vernon Maxwell?

Robert Horry was like the 7th most important piece on his championship teams. Draymond has oscillated between the 2nd and 3rd most important piece.

17 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Greens mad pooles gonna take his max monies slot on the team

TMZ reports via sources within the Warriors that this is pretty much what it is. apparently poole has been walking around acting cocky and running his mouth about the big contract he's going to get. supposedly poole kept calling a bunch of fouls during practice, and Draymond kept calling him a bitch for it. poole responds to draymond, "you know what it is." Dray walks over and gets in his face and says, "no i don't know, what is it?" followed by the shove and the punch.

5 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Robert Horry was like the 7th most important piece on his championship teams. Draymond has oscillated between the 2nd and 3rd most important piece.

So which two of Curry, KD, and Klay were worse than Draymond during his oscillations? Or Curry, Klay, and Wiggins?

He was a critical cog and also a punk bitch. Pretty soon he’ll be an old bitch. Tough times ahead to any franchise that pays him over $20M per year. 

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

No kidding. The Warriors made this like a national political story. When clearly guilty, deflect by attacking how the evidence was improperly obtained!

56 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Terrible, this post is.

I fucking love me some Klay, but he has never been as consistently important to their success as Draymond. What Steph is to their offense, Dray is to the defense.

Is it though?

2014-2015 VORP: Dray 3.5, Klay 4.0

2016, 2017 -- KD, man.

The only championship team he could have an argument as 2nd most important cog is last year and even that is highly questionable. If you just look at the playoffs Klay, Poole, and Wiggins all had higher VORP.

I love me some defense but Dray gets way too much credit. He's a fantastic off the ball defender but he's not locking down guys on the perimeter. He's a nothing shooting the ball. He's a good passer but he's not Jokic. He's a petulant bitch who plays a lot of the game outside the rules daring refs to call him on it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Terrible, this post is.

I fucking love me some Klay, but he has never been as consistently important to their success as Draymond. What Steph is to their offense, Dray is to the defense.

Correct. Even this past season you weren't much better with Dray out with Curry than you were vice versa. He's the best defensive player of the past 10 years and it isn't remotely close. 

@SilasCoade his communication and leadership is both unmeasurable and invaluable. You should know as a Spurs fan. 

Edited by ztejas

Dubs record without Klay in his career: 101-111

without Dray: 57-51

without Steph: 67-130

How is this whiny ass man child inspiring borderline religious devotion to the myth of his basketball prowess? I'm not saying he sucks. But he's not Scottie Pippen on the Bulls. He's not Dumars on the Pistons. He's a rich man's Jerome Kersey on a much better team.

EDIT: I'm old AF, man, I ain't going to be quicker than anyone these days.

Just for grins in 2021-22:

w/o Dray: 19-17

w/o Klay: 36-14

w/o Steph: 8-10

So like I said, you have an argument for second most important player last year, but he has clearly been 3rd or 4th banana all other championship years.

Edited by SilasCoade

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Since 2015 warriors record without their best 3 players is the following

Steph curry- 50-89, .360

Klay Thompson- 101-110, .479

Draymond Green- 55-50, .524

Take the '19-'20 season out, and let me know how this stat looks.

That team was going to suck ass no matter which of the 3 got stuck with it. That's 50 losses that were "padded" to Steph and Klay's "without this player" records, while Dray had to wear it.

Championship seasons without Dray / Klay / Steph:

2014-15 -- 3-0 / 3-2 / 0-2

2016-17 -- 5-1 / 1-3 / 2-1

2017-18 -- 10-2 / 3-6 / 17-14

2021-22 -- 10-17 / 36-14 / 8-10

Totals -- 28-20 / 43-25 / 27- 27

% -- DG 0.583 / KT 0.632 / SC 0.500

That difference between Dray and Klay is entirely due to last year with Klay coming back from two years off due to horrific injuries.

The thing with Draymond Green is that he benefits from being on the Warriors way more than the Warriors benefit from having him on the team. Put him on any other team and he goes full JAG. 

14 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

How is this whiny ass man child inspiring borderline religious devotion to the myth of his basketball prowess? I'm not saying he sucks. But he's not Scottie Pippen on the Bulls. He's not Dumars on the Pistons. He's a rich man's Jerome Kersey on a much better team.

You act like it's just Warrior's fanboys like me who call Draymond the best defender of his generation. It's pretty universal among people who cover the league. Go read a Zach Lowe piece gushing about him always being two steps ahead of the offense, with video breakdowns of him manipulating them into bad shots with a bevy of genius hedges and tricks that don't show up in a stat sheet. He's easily the best 2v1 defender I've ever seen, which, in a PnR-centric league, is pretty crucial.

Last year, the Warriors were the best defense in the league, by far, when he played. Then he got hurt, and they immediately dropped off. When the Warriors are a Top 5 is defense, they tend to win championships.

20 years ago would be have been the best defender in the league? Of course not. On-ball dominance would have been prioritized. But his versatility and IQ is a perfect fit for today's brand of basketball.

And, of course, him being able to hold his own in the paint has allowed the Warriors to play small all these years, bolstering Steph's offense.

I hate saying this, but they could replace Klay a lot easier than Dray.

6 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

The thing with Draymond Green is that he benefits from being on the Warriors way more than the Warriors benefit from having him on the team. Put him on any other team and he goes full JAG. 

While there's definitely some truth to that--as there is with any offensively-limited player--the Warriors wouldn't be the Warriors without him. He enables so much of what they do, and he and Steph's chemistry is irreplaceable at this point.

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

don't start none, won't be none ...

I mean, obviously Draymond is in the wrong for punching a teammate, but, for his standard, that's actually showing a tremendous amount of restraint if all this is true. What the fuck was Poole expecting?

That's not a dude who's going to laugh that shit off. And, more importantly, that's not a team that's going to tolerate a young guy talking about his, or anyone else's, money. The choice isn't him or Draymond; if the Warriors decide that their payroll is unsustainable, the choice will be him or Wiggins. And Poole probably won't like which direction that decision goes.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, obviously Draymond is in the wrong for punching a teammate, but, for his standard, that's actually showing a tremendous amount of restraint if all this is true. What the fuck was Poole expecting?

That's not a dude who's going to laugh that shit off. And, more importantly, that's not a team that's going to tolerate a young guy talking about his, or anyone else's, money. The choice isn't him or Draymond; if the Warriors decide that their payroll is unsustainable, the choice will be him or Wiggins. And Poole probably won't like which direction that decision goes.

it was a well deserved punch 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Wow.

Just a question, but how do you know that Green hasn't been shitting on Poole since day one? How do you know all the bullshit that Greene said to Poole wasn't turned around on him?  I'm sure you've watched him play enough to know that he doesn't like it when people give shit back to him. Then he cries like a big bitch.

Either way it was a ho ass move by a ho ass guy. And a bullshit apology and few days off isn't going to make it cool.

Me personally..we gonna have to have a rematch.

• Hook 'Em 4