NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Just a question, but how do you know that Green hasn't been shitting on Poole since day one? How do you know all the bullshit that Greene said to Poole wasn't turned around on him?  I'm sure you've watched him play enough to know that he doesn't like it when people give shit back to him. Then he cries like a big bitch.

I'm sure he has. He's Draymond. Again, he's a cocky young dude who doesn't play D...I'm quite certain Dray has been on his ass for 3 years.

BUT, if there's one universal truth in the NBA it's: don't talk about another man's money. Doesn't excuse Draymond, obviously, but I'm sure the rest of the time was thinking it...Dray just did it.

Pretty wild how so many are acting like Poole cant play with Dray again.   This type of shit has happened for ages.   MJ gave Steve Kerr a black eye and to this day people act as if it was a form of motivation.     Shit was worshipped in the Last Dance.   Now we acting like its unheard of and they HAVE to go their separate ways.    Cmon fellas.

33 minutes ago, d2o said:

Pretty wild how so many are acting like Poole cant play with Dray again.   This type of shit has happened for ages.   MJ gave Steve Kerr a black eye and to this day people act as if it was a form of motivation.     Shit was worshipped in the Last Dance.   Now we acting like its unheard of and they HAVE to go their separate ways.    Cmon fellas.

Dray ain't MJ and Poole ain't Kerr 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, d2o said:

MJ and Kerr respected each other. Dray, a 4x champion and the heart and soul of that team, has very little respect for Poole.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, d2o said:

IIRC, Kerr at least got a few swings in. And he didn't get sucker punched. Poole got sucker punched.

He should demand a rematch. And if Dray beats him head that's all good. 

Just want to point out that Draymond is 6' 6", 230 lbs and Poole is 6' 4" and 195.

And Draymond is supposed to be a leader.

And Poole was not looking at Draymond when he was hit.

That'sabitchassmove.gif

Also, how does no one get between them as soon as Draymond starts walking toward Poole?  Do they all just hate Poole, or are they all scared of Draymond, or what?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Just want to point out that Draymond is 6' 6", 230 lbs and Poole is 6' 4" and 195.

That'sabitchassmove.gif

Also, how does no one get between them as soon as Draymond starts walking toward Poole?  Do they all just hate Poole, or are they all scared of Draymond, or what?

Obviously this had been brewing for awhile. And after you push someone(lol at Poole moving more than Draymond on the push, that's what i noticed) you might wanna keep your attention on them in case they retaliate.

I know i'm probably wrong for my opinion. But don't talk shit to people who can kick your ass. It's a super competitive sports evironment not an office job.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, Poole should have been alert after pushing Draymond, but the fact remains that Draymond cold-cocked a much smaller teammate who wasn't looking.  There's just no getting around it.

I do agree that it's different in pro sports than in an office.  And it does happen, with some regularity, which makes it all the more strange that no one made any attempt to prevent it.

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

That'sabitchassmove.gif

How was Poole not looking when he had just pushed Dray away???   Cmon man.      I think Dray is a major asshole too but yall are making this way bigger than it is.

This fact that we keep looking for excuses (royal we) for Draymond Green is fucked up. This guys is an asshole, has assaulted dudes in the past (famously fucking his team in the process), and will continue to act like a giant ugly bitch because he constantly gets away with it. I look forward to the next “crying in his car on the phone” puff piece to minimize his destructive behavior.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

God its soooo fucking broke. Watch his hand/wrist during the shot. It's the ugliest thing ever.

Its outrageous man.     Elbow out, ball goes exactly where its pointing.    Cant believe we are 6 yrs in and he is still shooting like that.

His shot is fucking atrocious and inexcusable, but c'mon.... he's just putting up a big bag of nothing warm up shot on some playground at a PR event. Of all the shit to get on him for, this has got to be waaaaaaaaaay down the list. Let's at least wait until he shoots something that poorly and ugly in a real game. Which is surely coming to an arena near you soon unless he catches mental illness again or his back flares up.

His shot is fucking atrocious and inexcusable, but c'mon.... he's just putting up a big bag of nothing warm up shot on some playground at a PR event. Of all the shit to get on him for, this has got to be waaaaaaaaaay down the list. Let's at least wait until he shoots something that poorly and ugly in a real game. Which is surely coming to an arena near you soon unless he catches mental illness again or his back flares up.

95% of us couldn’t shoot like that if we tried. If I went to a court to try shooting with my right elbow extended out, I’d break a window and you’d hear the cat screeching noise. Probably a car crash

39 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Can't put up a brick like that in a game if you never shoot

Think About It GIF by Identity

40 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The other pics from warmup showed his shot looks exactly like that.    More importantly, the result is not the point.   The form is the point.    If he shot differently when playing then I could see your point that he was just playing around.    He is at a point where his form needs to be rebuilt and he is reinforcing that form in every single thing he does and the way down to shooting a wad of paper into a basket.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, d2o said:

The other pics from warmup showed his shot looks exactly like that.    More importantly, the result is not the point.   The form is the point.    If he shot differently when playing then I could see your point that he was just playing around.    He is at a point where his form needs to be rebuilt and he is reinforcing that form in every single thing he does and the way down to shooting a wad of paper into a basket.

It might be a radical solution, but I think a hammer to the upper arm would do him a lot of good.  Cast that bitch up from shoulder to wrist for a couple of months and start from scratch.

I have a lot of weird fetishes but watching another man's hand/wrist isn't one of them.  

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

95% of us couldn’t shoot like that if we tried. If I went to a court to try shooting with my right elbow extended out, I’d break a window and you’d hear the cat screeching noise. Probably a car crash

Sweet.  Just send out the YT Signal to all the weekend playground warriors on here heading out to record their BS imitations, wonder if mom is available to snag rebounds? 

I have a lot of weird fetishes but watching another man's hand/wrist isn't one of them.  
Sweet.  Just send out the YT Signal to all the weekend playground warriors on here heading out to record their BS imitations, wonder if mom is available to snag rebounds? 

Make sure the camera is protected. We have no idea where the ball is going to end up

Initially it looks good if he's shooting right handed. He then twists it to shoot lefty and it's a travesty. Somebody did him a disservice trying to make him sit lefty at a young age when he's probably not naturally left handed.

Didn’t Markelle Fultz not know what hand he was? I think he might’ve figured it out.

just saw a blazers highlight on IG and realized that they could contribute every player to the all star dunk contest and put on one of the best shows in years (not saying much, but still). Greg Brown, Keon Johnson, Gary Payton II, and Shaedon Sharpe? sshhheeeiiiiitttt, they should be good for some nice highlights this year, which is nice since they are firmly in purgatory with that lillard contract.

@MNLonghornFUKM nice article from ESPN sucking T'wolves off for the Gobert trade. They almost convinced me. If they really try to maximize a sort of platoon system where they always have KAT and Edwards together and Rudy and Russell together I could see it working out. Pretty fucking steep price to pay to basically bolster your second unit though.

Edited by SilasCoade
forgot the fucking link

We are just 1 week away from the start of the 22/23 NBA season!  I know MLB playoffs are going on right now, so it may get lost in the shuffle of sports news, but we are almost there!  I think Philly/Boston should be a fun game, but LA/GS should be an absolute snoozefest with GS up by 20 in the 3rd. It would be fun if Draymond was suspended for that game, as it might give the Lakers a chance, but it doesn't seem like that will happen. 

Day 2 games that look intriguing to me are Cleveland/Toronto and Dallas/Phoenix.  Both look like good matchups, and should tell us a little bit about how those teams are going to perform this season. 

image.png.fcb86116ed25b5c1f1213949a5b3bbc4.png

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

We are just 1 week away from the start of the 22/23 NBA season!  I know MLB playoffs are going on right now, so it may get lost in the shuffle of sports news, but we are almost there!  I think Philly/Boston should be a fun game, but LA/GS should be an absolute snoozefest with GS up by 20 in the 3rd. It would be fun if Draymond was suspended for that game, as it might give the Lakers a chance, but it doesn't seem like that will happen. 

Day 2 games that look intriguing to me are Cleveland/Toronto and Dallas/Phoenix.  Both look like good matchups, and should tell us a little bit about how those teams are going to perform this season. 

image.png.fcb86116ed25b5c1f1213949a5b3bbc4.png

I dunno about the W's blowing them out if LBJ and AD play, but I LOVE that the NBA makes them sit through ring night in San Francisco.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m cool with these. Warriors are going to have to adapt. They have a dance party after every 3 pointer

Literally none of those guidelines address or punish the bench celebrating--excessively or otherwise--their own team's good plays. Which is good. That would be dumb.

The yelling and stomping near dudes shooting corner 3's has always been bush league as fuck. Glad they're finally addressing that.

Also surprised that it took this long for the NBA to hear from fans paying $10k for a ticket that 6'9" guys standing up in front of them all game does not make for an enjoyable experience.

• Hook 'Em 1