NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

Just turned on the TV and ESPN was showing its ass for NBA coverage. They showed highlights of the Dynamic Duo, A.D. & LeBron.
I know it was just a preseason game but, all of the highlights were A.D. & LeBron, all the way to the final buzzer.
Oh, by the way, the Lakers lost.

They’re a shit show. Wolves didn’t play KAT and Rudy. I went to bed before halftime but from what I saw Westbrook is a loser which we already knew. I’d be surprised if he’s not bought out by thanksgiving. Probably by Halloween. Lakers are better off cutting ties and letting some scrub take orders from lebron or Pat Bev than letting Westbrook be a detriment.
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

And so it appears that ESPN's Instagram sucks ass too. He didn't "appear" not to take part. He fucking didn't take part.

Verified
It appeared Russ did not partake in the entirety of the Lakers’ pregame huddle last night.
(via @_michaelmorales10)
Edited · 5h

6 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Care to comment Dray?

Man, that's nuts. I don't understand the rush. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but he would have been a restricted free agent after this season, right? If he has a great season, they could match anything offered by another team to his max of...$150M. So they potentially saved $10M over 4 years by doing it now. Cool?

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is this uh, sustainable for the Warriors? $483 million is a third of Lacob’s net worth and well over half of Guber’s estate. 

Their revenue is reported to be $258 million. I’m sure they’ll generate more this season. That shit about all the other team not wanting to go into the luxury tax so they can suckle at the Warriors money teat is fucking hilarious.

Any other No Dunks (formerly The Starters, Basketball Jones) fans out there? I've only been listening for a few years but it's my favorite general NBA podcast. One of the guys recently left the show, which is kind of a bummer, but overall the show is great and they put out an episode per day, available ad-free on The Athletic.

Anyway, happy opening night to all who celebrate. Looks like another fun as hell NBA season.

• Like 1

Harden looks as good as he has since COVID and is having a big game. Embiid is fine. The other guys look ok for Philly… and Boston is going into the 4th Quarter up double digits. I wasn’t sure they should have the shortest odds for the title but 36 minutes into the season I get it. 

I wonder what percentage of Lakers' fans would sign up for the Lebron/AD experience knowing what they know now. One bubble championship (their first title in 10 years) for...

Two missed playoffs, one first round exit, currently stuck with arguably the worst player 3-14 rosters in the league, cap space hell, AD will never be "that guy", and Space Jam 2.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I wonder what percentage of Lakers' fans would sign up for the Lebron/AD experience knowing what they know now. One bubble championship (their first title in 10 years) for...

Two missed playoffs, one first round exit, currently stuck with arguably the worst player 3-14 rosters in the league, cap space hell, AD will never be "that guy", and Space Jam 2.

But I was told that Anthony Davis is better than Tim Duncan?