Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Cross posting from the game week thread:

Buddy of mine who’s an OU fan said their Rivals site is reporting Gabriel is out and it’s going to be Beville. Gray and Major are expected to play.

There's no way Gabriel was going to play.

Injury update from Drumm on 247

Spoiler

*** One, I know you all want to know about DG and his availability, but that’s something we won’t touch out of respect for sources that have spoken to us. 

As fans, I’d assume you all would be okay with that if that’s how OU wants this handled. There is no hunting one way or another from me or Parker coming, either. 

Everyone will know come about 9-10am Saturday, or if someone wants to leak it. It won’t be from us, though. 

*** That said, it sounds like OL Wanya Morris health has improved a ton, and there is some confidence that he will play. 

Not to get your hopes up, but I expect Morris to be out there vs Texas. Just going off what I have heard. 

*** We have talked about and reported earlier this week that RB Marcus Major will be back this week. Major battled an ankle injury last week and didn’t travel to TCU. He has healed a lot over the last 14 days and is expected to rotate with Eric Gray(he is good to go) and Jovantae Barnes on Saturday. 

*** We also reported that DE Ethan Downs is okay will be full-go this Saturday. He missed the second half of TCU game after a scare where they thought he may have bruised his spleen. Luckily, it was deep bruise to ribs. 

Downs played on it for a few snaps and when trainers checked him, they held him out for precautionary reasons. 

Good news is he will be back. 

*** Freshman DE R Mason Thomas is expected back after a hamstring issue for a few weeks. Thomas was a force rushing the passer before the injury, so it should be intriguing to see how his arrival back makes a difference — if at all. 

*** On Billy Bowman, see the DG update and know that we have tread lightly on reporting it he will play or not. 

*** I hear Theo Wease is okay after a scare. If anyone deserved a break, it is the JR wideout. 

*** Basically, I’ve heard that most of the players banged up should be back or close to ot/game time decision.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hide contents

*** One, I know you all want to know about DG and his availability, but that’s something we won’t touch out of respect for sources that have spoken to us. 

As fans, I’d assume you all would be okay with that if that’s how OU wants this handled. There is no hunting one way or another from me or Parker coming, either. 

Everyone will know come about 9-10am Saturday, or if someone wants to leak it. It won’t be from us, though. 

*** That said, it sounds like OL Wanya Morris health has improved a ton, and there is some confidence that he will play. 

Not to get your hopes up, but I expect Morris to be out there vs Texas. Just going off what I have heard. 

*** We have talked about and reported earlier this week that RB Marcus Major will be back this week. Major battled an ankle injury last week and didn’t travel to TCU. He has healed a lot over the last 14 days and is expected to rotate with Eric Gray(he is good to go) and Jovantae Barnes on Saturday. 

*** We also reported that DE Ethan Downs is okay will be full-go this Saturday. He missed the second half of TCU game after a scare where they thought he may have bruised his spleen. Luckily, it was deep bruise to ribs. 

Downs played on it for a few snaps and when trainers checked him, they held him out for precautionary reasons. 

*** Freshman DE R Mason Thomas is expected back after a hamstring issue for a few weeks. Thomas was a force rushing the passer before the injury, so it should be intriguing to see how his arrival back makes a difference — if at all. 

*** On Billy Bowman, see the DG update and know that we have tread lightly on reporting it he will play or not. 

*** I hear Theo Wease is okay after a scare. If anyone deserved a break, it is the JR wideout. 

*** Basically, I’ve heard that most of the players banged up should be back or close to ot/game time decision.

So basically they will tell their readers which ones are playing, but they won't report which ones aren't playing. Very smart. Impossible to crack that code.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

why are there ads fucking up my surly experience? I feel like wack-a-mole here. Anyone else getting spammed on Surly? 

(Have no idea if there's an appropriate thread for this or not).

I can't seem to edit the post above either. I intended to delete it for being a moron. :/

weird, i can edit this post... anyway, ignore me. thanks.

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Reveal hidden contents

*** I hear Theo Wease is okay after a scare. If anyone deserved a break, it is the JR wideout. 

Having Morris and Major back may help the blOU running attack.  If DG is out, probably gonna see blOU try to run the ball more and attempt to complete several short throws, a lot like Tech did.

Defensively, Sark needs to confuse the blOU LBs and DBs so Horns can hit some big gainers.  Like most Red River meetings, turnovers and special eams tend to be important factors in who wins.

Texas Longhorns vs Oklahoma Sooners: Full Game Preview & Breakdown

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I want to see Whittington make a Quan Cosby block and knock a sooner into another dimension while X takes it to the house. That's it. That's all I want when we go Houston 500 on their asses 

Cosby's famous block is almost certainly a penalty in the pansy-ass football rules now ("You blocked him 'too hard!'" BS), and it was Houston 620.  Lulz.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Cosby's famous block is almost certainly a penalty in the pansy-ass football rules now ("You blocked him 'too hard!'" BS), and it was Houston 620.  Lulz.

Yep, fucking football has gone full on pussy route. What an amazing block, tho. 

.Houston 620 was great. My friend loved it. 

I thought she did the 500 and then went back and reclaimed her throne after some other chick beat it, thus the 620?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

why are there ads fucking up my surly experience? I feel like wack-a-mole here. Anyone else getting spammed on Surly? 

(Have no idea if there's an appropriate thread for this or not).

Tailgates and happy hours don’t pay for themselves buddy.

but it I am getting men’s underwear ads for some reason.  It is about time for a new pack…

• Hook 'Em 1