Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

12 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Had no idea BlowU ranked dead last in run def. Bijan needs 200 

One “sneaky” element of this to keep in mind is that their run defense stats are being blown up by qb running stats. Martinez led his team in rushing and Duggan was right there with the RB. Kent State’s leading rusher was also the qb.  That element of offensive production is not really part of our scheme. 

Vaughn got pretty loose against them though so hopefully Bijan is able to control this game with runs like the last drive of the wv game. If he dances, we won’t get on our front foot. If he hits holes like a cannon ball as he did in the last wv drive, the Kstate game says there is a ton of success to be had. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I'm not saying he will finish the game, but DG could be mumbling & drooling while bleeding out of both ears and OU wouldn't hesitate to start him.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I remember in 2009 questions about whether Sam Bradford was being rushed back into action for the Texas game after his shoulder injury earlier in the season.

Nothing would surprise me with this program and this game.

Difference between a head injury and shoulder, especially in the wake of the Tua situation. If Venables runs DG out there and he suffers another head injury, there would be incredible blowback.

10 minutes ago, sidis said:

One “sneaky” element of this to keep in mind is that their run defense stats are being blown up by qb running stats. Martinez led his team in rushing and Duggan was right there with the RB. Kent State’s leading rusher was also the qb.  That element of offensive production is not really part of our scheme. 

Vaughn got pretty loose against them though so hopefully Bijan is able to control this game with runs like the last drive of the wv game. If he dances, we won’t get on our front foot. If he hits holes like a cannon ball as he did in the last wv drive, the Kstate game says there is a ton of success to be had. 

That first paragraph is my concern in this game for Tx. We’re sitting there late 1H and offense isn’t really clicking bc run game stymied by ou keying on it. 

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

That first paragraph is my concern in this game for Tx. We’re sitting there late 1H and offense isn’t really clicking bc run game stymied by ou keying on it. 

Meh blowU is the only BDF team to give up over 400 yards of offense per game so far this season. 

This is why Ewers is important. He can go over the top of OU’s defense in a way Card simply can’t.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

They don’t give a fuck about this. At all.

19 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

There would be incredible blowback. OU doesn't care. 

I disagree. First, I would be shocked if Gabriel is "ready" to play Saturday because that was a nasty hit he took in Fort Worth. Second, I would also be shocked if OU ran him out there if he wasn't really ready, particularly because of what just happened with Tua. I say that knowing what OU's past history has been but I can't say I can point to a direct example of them running out a QB with a concussion/brain issue in the CTE Era we're in now.

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, sidis said:

Put RoJo at QB

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I disagree. First, I would be shocked if Gabriel is "ready" to play Saturday because that was a nasty hit he took in Fort Worth. Second, I would also be shocked if OU ran him out there if he wasn't really ready, particularly because of what just happened with Tua. I say that knowing what OU's past history has been but I can't say I can point to a direct example of them running out a QB with a concussion/brain issue in the CTE Era we're in now.

This. It’s not a shoulder, it’s a concussion. The spotlight on concussions has never been brighter thanks to the Dolphins. 

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Just like they did the right thing with Joe Mixing punching a girl in the face in light of the Ray Rice situation right?

Oh yeah that's right they covered it up and waited until he was ready to go to the NFL to release the video and minimize blowback..

image.png.97feff2cc9e16ff88677051d115874b8.png

Edited by Zeus
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This.  People are living in the past.  The risk to the player may be the same but the there are actual risks to those in charge that didn't exist 10 years ago for rushing a player back.  They play DG and a scene plays out like Tua's then BV's head coaching career, and career of the doctor that cleared him, might just be over (again, the Dr. in the Tua case was fired).   You think they are going to risk that on a 3-2 team who's ceiling is probably 8-4 even with a win Saturday?

If I'm the OU team Dr. and there is any chance at all I could clear him, I demand they fly in some 3rd party unaffiliated Dr. to make a determination as no way I'm taking that liability with an inherent conflict of interest.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

icy whites? wtf is this world coming to... storm trooper... 

I mean I don't think the stupid mouse network would be too fond of our athletic department tweeting out their trade mark.  I do think they could have come up with a better fuckin name though.

Some new guy on IT hosted a pod with Teddy Lehman yesterday. Teddy was fast to say he doesn't think Gabriel will play.

Lehman made 2 points. He doesn't think you start someone that hasn't practiced all week, and Gabriel being on the sidelines not in pads tossing the ball around is not practicing.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Some new guy on IT hosted a pod with Teddy Lehman yesterday. Teddy was fast to say he doesn't think Gabriel will play.

i fully expect OU to do the exact same thing Texas did vs TTU with Ewers. have him out on the field, in pads, warming up.

with the Tua stuff though, man it will be iffy to play him.

37 minutes ago, Getafix said:

FCB

image.thumb.png.5090eab3929675cb5edc9a8a49e7961b.png

Ewers

Robinson

Sanders

Worthy

Banks

How long has it been since we've walked into the Cotton Bowl w/ 5 legitimate first/second round picks on offense? 2008? 2005? Not to mention if Jones keeps playing as well as he has this year & Whittington if he can stay healthy. Combine that with a play caller that knows how to use the weapons he has & this will be the coming out party that Bama was supposed to be (and was through the first quarter). If our interior line can just not absolutely suck we're going to light up the scoreboard.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hook me said:

Ewers

Robinson

Sanders

Worthy

Banks

How long has it been since we've walked into the Cotton Bowl w/ 5 legitimate first/second round picks on offense? 2008? 2005? Not to mention if Jones keeps playing as well as he has this year & Whittington if he can stay healthy. Combine that with a play caller that knows how to use the weapons he has & this will be the coming out party that Bama was supposed to be (and was through the first quarter). If our interior line can just not absolutely suck we're going to light up the scoreboard.

that's a big if

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know someone who knows someone who knows someone.

They said that Gabriel couldn’t even put on his socks at halftime and he didn’t even know where he was after the game on the bus. They also said that all 3 qbs are practicing this week but doesn’t know who will start.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I heard one of their ex players say this week (not Lehman) that OU has traditionally been super conservative on running guys out who have had concussions. My hunch is that he doesn't play. 

Edited by Vertigo

37 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I know someone who knows someone who knows someone.

They said that Gabriel couldn’t even put on his socks at halftime and he didn’t even know where he was after the game on the bus. They also said that all 3 qbs are practicing this week but doesn’t know who will start.

I hope he starts and isn't wearing socks. 

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

I mean I don't think the stupid mouse network would be too fond of our athletic department tweeting out their trade mark.  I do think they could have come up with a better fuckin name though.

Yeah, i know... or just don't call them anything.. fans can call those jerseys whatever we want. school doesn't need to brand everything.

12 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I wouldn't be surprised either way regarding DG playing. His situation isn't that comparable to Tua. Tua played on a Thursday night after getting concussed on Sunday - 4 days. DG will have had a full week to make it through the concussion protocol.

Tua played because they said he was never in concussion protocol. The Dolphins said it was his back. 

Of course it was all bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Just like they did the right thing with Joe Mixing punching a girl in the face in light of the Ray Rice situation right?

Oh yeah that's right they covered it up and waited until he was ready to go to the NFL to release the video and minimize blowback..

image.png.97feff2cc9e16ff88677051d115874b8.png

What about the time they applied for a medical redshirt for Dusty Dvorajek, listing alcoholism as his medical condition, after he beat the shit out of a guy in a bar?

2 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

What about the time they applied for a medical redshirt for Dusty Dvorajek, listing alcoholism as his medical condition, after he beat the shit out of a guy in a bar?

Same guy that took a screwdriver to his girlfriend’s neck in high school, or am I getting my piece of shit okies mixed up?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Yeah, i know... or just don't call them anything.. fans can call those jerseys whatever we want. school doesn't need to brand everything.

Our players came up with the name icy whites and started calling them that over a decade ago. So no issue with that, it wasn't a branding effort by the AD.