NFL Week 6

Vic Mackey

Any 50/50 lob, fade, prayer, toss up, heave whatever you want to call it has probably a 5% of working off the receiver isn’t Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, gronk etc. it’s such a terrible play. The ball is in the air before any receiver is in the actual end zone. Maybe I don’t know…survey the field? Or call a qb draw and actually have a chance?

Nfl teams do this on 4th and 4 calls too. 17 yard fade down the field instead of some trickery that results in an easy pass/first down. Every team should have a playbook of the leagues greatest trick plays because I doubt every team on any given play will be prepared for it if it was used once in 2014 and it worked perfectly.
I hate fade passes with a passion. As you said, unless it's very big, athletic WRs, it has a very low percentage to work. And some teams will do it over and over. Even to small WRs.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Locker room blowing up on McVay, or just a one-off???

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-expected-to-field-trade-calls-for-rb-cam-akers

Rams expected to field trade calls for RB Cam Akers

Sources say Akers, who is out today due to what was described as personal reasons, has philosophical and football-related differences with head coach Sean McVay. The coach has left Akers' future open, and sources say the third-year pro could be on the way out.

The belief is that he'll draw significant trade interest, and the team is open to a deal for the right value.

The Super Bowl champs will make Akers inactive for Sunday's game against the Panthers, with McVay, when pressed, saying Friday, "I would say it's more like we're dealing with things internally. This is kind of unchartered territory and I think the biggest thing is, out of respect for the situation, we want to keep it internally."

McVay added, "He's going to be OK."

The Rams will utilize running backs Malcolm Brown and Darrell Henderson today, along with recently elevated undrafted rookie Ronnie Rivers, who has impressed and should get carries.

Akers emerged as the Rams' go-to runner as a rookie during the 2020 season, averaging 4.3 yards per rush and setting himself up for a monster 2021.

But Akers tore his Achilles before the season, setting up a miraculous recovery that saw him play late in the season and into the Super Bowl. Talent-wise, there is no question with Akers. His athleticism numbers are better now than before his Achilles injury, sources say. Two fumbles against the Bucs in the playoffs last season took his situation downward and frustration from all parties was the result.

Sources say the communication between Akers and McVay has remained cordial, and Akers has caused no problems inside the locker room. But questions about his role, where he belongs and his place in the pecking order of running backs have persisted.

That brought everyone to this week with Akers set to inactive. There is always a chance, a source cautions, that Akers snaps back in and he figures it out with McVay.

But absent that sort of dramatic turn, Akers could be headed elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Do you guys ever thank your lucky stars for Mike Pereira?

I don't know how many years he's been doing this replay commentary now, but dear God man, just make the point, concisely.

Every single time, he acts like he's got all damned day to deliver a lecture on the relevant rule.  They're usually announcing the decision on the field before he's given a definitive opinion.

• Like 1

I'd be pissed if my first game ever at Lambeau had GB coming out in that garbage they're wearing today.  Still salty that my first Cowboys game at TS had Texas Stadium in the EZs instead of the iconic Cowboys

Crazy thing is they’ve got worse than this in the closet.

The Jets’ uniforms are fucking sweet!

I don't know how many years he's been doing this replay commentary now, but dear God man, just make the point, concisely.
Every single time, he acts like he's got all damned day to deliver a lecture on the relevant rule.  They're usually announcing the decision on the field before he's given a definitive opinion.

The concept of that position is just so stupid. Was there a demand for it?

Crazy thing is they’ve got worse than this in the closet.

The Jets’ uniforms are fucking sweet!

I like both uniforms, Packers especially.

Fucking Mike Pereira is the reason we have the intrusion of officials into the game. He is the one who as head of officiating was the attention whore and all who followed did the same. The league doesn’t need full time officials. It needs to fire them all, and start from scratch with some high school guys. While working on better technology. All calls should be reversible.

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Fucking Mike Pereira is the reason we have the intrusion of officials into the game. He is the one who as head of officiating was the attention whore and all who followed did the same. The league doesn’t need full time officials. It needs to fire them all, and start from scratch with some high school guys. While working on better technology. All calls should be reversible.

Pereira whined for years about not being in the press box. Now that he is, he won’t shut up.  Egomaniac 

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

I really like Daboll and fear him when he gets his players in place.

That being said, when will the media figure out the Ravens are a flawed team with a shit defense and a one man offense.

Tuck missed a field goal for the first time in nearly a year, and a tight end stared a pass in the end zone until it hit him in the face mask (and almost knocked him down). And then Lamar did, well, Lamar things and turned it over on back-to-back possessions.

Giants are a mirage, imo.