Michael Dickson

Machinator

2 hours ago, achooloco said:

B/c it is insidious and permeates all of the nfl unnecessarily. Dickson ran fast, great, who gives a shit about next gen stats. I’m comfortable with knowing Dickson is a bad ass and great longhorn and can run down a motherfucker after a kick ass punt, but give no fucks about stat minutiae. 

Lucille bluth augenrollen arrested development GIF on GIFER - by Adrierad

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Nope said:

Shane Lechler has to get in eventually you’d think 

And I’d be good with Reggie Roby both for years of insane leg and glass ceiling broken. 

Roby had a leg and a half for more than a decade. 

At least for an NFL TRAILBLAZERS display area.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap.  Effortlessly kicks 55+ yards in the air and kills it on the 1-2 yard line. To have it travel that far and not roll forward should be the exception but he does it regularly.  There are guys with very strong legs in the league but his combination of strength and finesse has never been seen before. 

12 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Holy crap.  Effortlessly kicks 55+ yards in the air and kills it on the 1-2 yard line. To have it travel that far and not roll forward should be the exception but he does it regularly.  There are guys with very strong legs in the league but his combination of strength and finesse has never been seen before. 

Bet he’d be a decent golfer

Has anyone ever had the control that he does? I don’t recall even hearing about it.

• 3 weeks later...

gotta love useless Mike Pereira laughing and saying "nope you cant kick it twice".... then the officials tell him to STFU.

now the penalty should have been for kicking beyond the LOS, which Dicko was beyond when he kicked it (by about a yard) 

but the rulebook says as long as the ball never went past the LOS, it can still be rekicked

the refs threw the flag because they said Dicko was past the LOS... then they huddled and said nope, his heel was on the LOS, so good kick.     

I think thats a  play eligible to be reviewed. Rams probably shudda tried. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

gotta love useless Mike Pereira laughing and saying "nope you cant kick it twice".... then the officials tell him to STFU.  now the penalty should have been for kicking beyond the LOS, which Dicko was beyond when he kicked it (by about a yard).   but the rulebook says as long as the ball never went past the LOS, it can still be rekicked

the refs threw the flag because they said Dicko was past the LOS... then they huddled and said nope, his heel was on the LOS, so good kick.     

I think thats a  play eligible to be reviewed. Rams probably shudda tried. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Sounds like the refs treated it like a QB passing beyond the LOS, i.e, so long as any part of the body is behind or even with the LOS, it's a legal forward pass, even if the ball itself was beyond the LOS when released.  Apparently, so long as any part of Dickson's body was behind or even with the LOS when he made the second punt, it was permissible. 

Edited by Carl Spackler

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Here's video of kick referenced above... Awesome!!!

Was at the game with seats up high looking right down that goal line. This ball was a fucking thing of beauty, you just knew it was gonna stick. Dude has weaponized punting. 

The whole thing just says GOAT.  One hands the spinning ball after the block, advances to the LOS, and then rips off the most unbelievable kick as if no BIG FUGGIN' DEAL.  Dixon and Tucker are truly the most amazing special teams players in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, pch said:

The whole thing just says GOAT.  One hands the spinning ball after the block, advances to the LOS, and then rips off the most unbelievable kick as if no BIG FUGGIN' DEAL.  Dixon and Tucker are truly the most amazing special teams players in the NFL.

Yeah Tuck is already GOAT among kickers, and I've already heard Dickson referenced as the best punter ever. If he's not the best ever yet, he's well on his way to that imho.Pretty cool.

• Hook 'Em 1