Michael Dickson

Machinator

When Herman does interviews about Dickson now, I wonder if he still refers to him solely as the punter? 
Not sure why an ex-punter would be the subject of an interview..but I'm gonna guess no.

The deal was he wouldn't say his name until he graduated. Some silly thing between the two of them..

Posting for this great moment: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/9/17582284/missouri-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

On the other hand, all the good teams came up early, and Mizzou’s six-win streak included Idaho, UConn, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and collapsing Florida and Tennessee teams. When they got Michael Dickson’d in the Texas Bowl, it meant the Tigers ended up 0-5 against S&P+ top 50 teams and 7-1 against everyone else.

51 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

GOAT

The strength of his leg, ability to show different looks and finesse are gonna be unparalleled.  Flipping the field, pinning offense back against their goal line, limiting returns... he's going to wins games for whoever he punts for during his career..

Jon Ryan needs to start looking up real estate agents.

Edited by Lhorn

25 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What would keep Dickson from kicking the ball a mile in the air, and one of Seattle’s coverage guys just running under it and catching it?

The rule stating you have to give the receiving team an opportunity to catch the kick.

edited to add - if it hasn't touched the ground after the kick yet

Edited by Huckleberry

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

What would keep Dickson from kicking the ball a mile in the air, and one of Seattle’s coverage guys just running under it and catching it?

Didn't we do that in the bowl game?  correct me if Im wrong, but Dickson punted a high one and Boyd I think caught it....inside the 5 or 10 IIRC.  I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

He did that numerous times at Texas, mostly within the 5 to GL.
Most punt returners are told not to fair catch the ball if it’s flying over your head while standing around the 8 yard line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Didn't we do that in the bowl game?  correct me if Im wrong, but Dickson punted a high one and Boyd I think caught it....inside the 5 or 10 IIRC.  I could be wrong.

they’re talking about drop-kicks on a kickoff.  not punting.  

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I think the question was about drop kicking a kickoff with sufficient hang time to allow the coverage team time to catch it. Not a punt. Or at least that’s how I understood it

those drop-kicks go sky high and can be fair caught on kickoffs.