Michael Dickson

Machinator

Congrats Dicko! Jon Ryan is a class act. It is going to be hard not to root for the Seahawks this year with Swoopes and Poona Ford also in the mix to make the team. It looks like so far the Seahawks have had a pretty good draft this year so far despite all the crappy grades the pundits gave them for drafting up to get Dicko. Guy is a badass and he will be fun to watch! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Congrats Dicko! Jon Ryan is a class act. It is going to be hard not to root for the Seahawks this year with Swoopes and Poona Ford also in the mix to make the team. It looks like so far the Seahawks have had a pretty good draft this year so far despite all the crappy grades the pundits gave them for drafting up to get Dicko. Guy is a badass and he will be fun to watch! 

Who dinged them for drafting Dickson?

21 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

This guy: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams-bears-bucs-ravens-panthers-get-top-marks/

Seattle Seahawks: D+

Seahawks general manager John Schneider has done such an amazing job of building his roster to win a Super Bowl that it's tough to question his decisions, but I didn't like the idea of taking running back Rashaad Penny in the first round. He's a good player, but it's not a value position, especially with a defense falling apart. Their second-round pick went for a one-year rental on Sheldon Richardson last season. Not good. Fifth-round pick Shaquem Griffin was the story of the draft, joining his brother in Seattle. Griffin will open as a linebacker, but could also play safety. I was not a big fan of trading up to take a punter (Michael Dickson) in the fifth round. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

This guy: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams-bears-bucs-ravens-panthers-get-top-marks/

Seattle Seahawks: D+

Seahawks general manager John Schneider has done such an amazing job of building his roster to win a Super Bowl that it's tough to question his decisions, but I didn't like the idea of taking running back Rashaad Penny in the first round. He's a good player, but it's not a value position, especially with a defense falling apart. Their second-round pick went for a one-year rental on Sheldon Richardson last season. Not good. Fifth-round pick Shaquem Griffin was the story of the draft, joining his brother in Seattle. Griffin will open as a linebacker, but could also play safety. I was not a big fan of trading up to take a punter (Michael Dickson) in the fifth round. 

I saw it was CBS Sports and knew it was Pete Prisco without even having to click through. He's a total dumbfuck.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Lots of them. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-draft-grades-shaquem-griffin-a-steal-and-feel-good-story-but-other-picks-puzzle-analysts/

Mostly, the article lists pundits/analysts and their grades which basically end up being C’s/C-‘s. Basically, it will be fun watching them eat their words when Dicko pins the opposing teams back on their own ten with no return. Should be fun to watch. Good luck to Jon Ryan too. The more You read about him the more you have to like that guy 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

No hyperbole at all, but, I think Dickson has the potential to change how punters are thought about in the game.

Assuming his talent isn't unique and there are others out there who have similar training and could do similar things with kicking, I can't see how his emergence won't change how kickers are thought about forever.

I've never seen a kicker who could singlehandedly keep you in a game like Dickson could.  There's no denying he was one the most critical players on our team last year, and that's just something I thought I'd say about a kicker, especially one who doesn't place kick or kick fgs. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 3:06 PM, Nicole44 said:

Plus, no Richard Sherman.  And Earl is still there (although I won’t be sad if he becomes a Cowboy).  It’s safe to cheer for Seattle again.

1 hour ago, Modessit said:

Pete kept trying to give platitudes without specifics and the reporters kept asking why Dicko is so awesome. Sounds like they have some stuff they want to try in games and he doesn't want to tip off future opponents.

Unless he's going to throw the ball or take off running, I don't think there's too many things a punter can to other than would surprise an opposing team. The man just has more talent for his job than most of us have ever seen.

11 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Unless he's going to throw the ball or take off running, I don't think there's too many things a punter can to other than would surprise an opposing team. The man just has more talent for his job than most of us have ever seen.

Yeah, like punting in such a way that it's almost like a pass but off of his foot. He can pretty much place the ball on a dime and put a spin on it that prevents a returner from making a clean catch. This is punting at a level that has really never been done before.

Given Dicko's high propensity for flipping the field and having opposing offenses start behind their own 5, I wonder how many safeties the Seahawks will be able to force this season and on into the future as he just gets better? This has to be something every OC is going to shit their pants over once they fully realize how often they are going to start that close to their own endzone.

I think teams are going to do away with letting the ball go if it’s over the returner’s head at the 10. The rule is you let it go because of the possibility of it bouncing into the end zone and a touchback. Dickson is proving that he can backspin it just about every time and avoiding the touchback. The risk of a minimal return will be greater than a guarantee start inside the 10. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I think teams are going to do away with letting the ball go if it’s over the returner’s head at the 10. The rule is you let it go because of the possibility of it bouncing into the end zone and a touchback. Dickson is proving that he can backspin it just about every time and avoiding the touchback. The risk of a minimal return will be greater than a guarantee start inside the 10. 

With that backspin on the ball, trying to field his punts and would mean possibly muffing them between the endzone and the 10. If they muff the punts they may be recovered by the defense which will properly fuck the return team.

Edited by HOOK'EMHOOAH