Michael Dickson

Machinator

16 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I’m guessing this is supposed to be a gif?  Why the fuck isn’t working for me 

Apparently it was just a thumbnail of the GIF, I deleted it cause I couldn’t get the GIF to post.

Came from here 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/8/10/17674614/seahawks-michael-dickson-position-battles-jon-ryan-punter-colts-preseason-results

5 hours ago, Modessit said:

They keep calling that a 59-yd punt - which it technically is from the LOS before the penalty is assessed - but he was about 1-2 into the end zone and it was muffed at the opponents 35. That's 66-67 in the air. Crazy.

every 59 yard punt in nfl history went 66-67 in the air.  we know how punts work. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I read that yesterday.

Apparently during yesterday's practice Dickson held for all of Janikowski's FG's (made all btw). First time Ryan didn't hold at least once for SJ. Carroll downplayed it as getting Dickson more experience at holding but he's previously only been holding for SeaBass on FG's. He held for an XP (for SJ) in the last game which was the first time in 11 years that someone other than Ryan did it. Add in the salary cap issue and Ryan's all but gone.

For all of Ryan's posturing and bitching, Carroll is doing him a solid by making it an open competition.  Dickson is going to be the next punter,  but Ryan's got a good chance of hooking on with another team at roster cuts because of all the air time he's getting. 

33 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

For all of Ryan's posturing and bitching, Carroll is doing him a solid by making it an open competition.  Dickson is going to be the next punter,  but Ryan's got a good chance of hooking on with another team at roster cuts because of all the air time he's getting. 

Very true.  I imagine Ryan will be punting this year, just not in Seattle.