TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah but not today.

Georgia

Michigan

Ohio State

TCU (but I'd rather have Alabama)

Are you saying Georgia vs. Michigan in round 1 because that's ridiculous to have the only undefeated teams face each other in the first round. At the same time I don't want to see a game that I just saw three weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Are you saying Georgia vs. Michigan in round 1 because that's ridiculous to have the only undefeated teams face each other in the first round. At the same time I don't want to see a game that I just saw three weeks ago.

No. I would have Georgia/TCU (boooooo) and Michigan/Ohio State.

Just now, statsman said:

Ohio State lost to a #2 team, at home. 

TCU lost to whatever KSU is ranked, at a stadium that is 20 minutes from home. 

Ohio State got destroyed at home and TCU lost to a top 10 team in overtime. Neither team is getting past the first round, but there isn't anyone better to replace them with.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Ohio State got destroyed at home and TCU lost to a top 10 team in overtime. Neither team is getting past the first round, but there isn't anyone better to replace them with.

Alabama is better than TCU.

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Michigan Ohio State is a rerun

I'm fine with that.

• Hook 'Em 1

still sooo fucking confused htf bama is ahead of Tenn in the rankings.

head to head doesnt matter....

fine....  how about how the other 2 teams BOTH teams lost to being the tiebreaker.   

per the CFP own fucking rankings, Tenn is the 7 team, LSU the 14th.  add them together and you get 21.

Georgia is consensus 1, and S Carolina is 19.   add them up and you get 20.

so EVEN if you wanted to fucking claim that bama's loss to Tenn doesnt matter, the 2 teams each lost to clearly show the committee believes Tenn lost to the better teams.

oh yeah, and after todays loss, LSU probably drops another 3-4 spots in the final ranks. 

5 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

In reality, they should have lost to Texas and aggy. Bama really isn’t good this year. I don’t mean bama good, they are slightly above average.

The only reason aggy had a chance to beam them was because Young was injured and his replacement is terrible.  With Young they are a vastly better team. 

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Alabama is better than TCU.

Neutral officiating crew we beat them. If Ewers doesn’t get hurt we may blow them out

Jumbo not a moron and aggy beats them 

they had a couple other one score wins. They are not a rolling ball of butcher knives

3 and 4 this year are irrelevant but fuck bama 

11 minutes ago, statsman said:

Anyone who thinks Ohio State was destroyed didn’t watch the game or has an agenda. It was an eight point game with 7:30 to go. 

anyone who thinks Texas was destroyed in the 2010 Championship game didnt watch the game or has an agenda... it was a 3 point game with 4:58 to go.

except nobody fucking cares about what the score was at that time, all that matters is whatever the fuck the final was.     we ended up losing by 16  which is pretty much considered an ass-kicking in any championship game. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

still sooo fucking confused htf bama is ahead of Tenn in the rankings.

head to head doesnt matter....

fine....  how about how the other 2 teams BOTH teams lost to being the tiebreaker.   

per the CFP own fucking rankings, Tenn is the 7 team, LSU the 14th.  add them together and you get 21.

Georgia is consensus 1, and S Carolina is 19.   add them up and you get 20.

so EVEN if you wanted to fucking claim that bama's loss to Tenn doesnt matter, the 2 teams each lost to clearly show the committee believes Tenn lost to the better teams.

oh yeah, and after todays loss, LSU probably drops another 3-4 spots in the final ranks. 

Tennessee got blown out and bama didn't

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Yes I can. I don't understand how you can say it helped Penn State. They made it to the conference championship game, won it, and lost a playoff spot to a team they beat in their division. Ohio State isn't supposed to benefit from sitting at home during conference championship week yet that's exactly what happened. 

They lost their playoff spot long before they got to the conference championship game. They lost it when the got their second loss. You can recover from one loss. You can’t recover from two except in the rarest of circumstances where a bunch of teams ahead of you lose and there aren’t enough undefeated and 1-loss teams to fill the available slots. That’s been true (for the most part) for 24 years.

I know from firsthand experience that LSU made it into the BCS Championship Game with 2 losses against 1-loss OSU in 2007. Both teams backed into the game when a bunch of teams ahead of them lost. I was going to say that OSU was the only 1-loss team but there was one other -- Kansas who was ranked #8 behind a bunch of 2-loss teams. They wound up beating 2-loss Va Tech in the Orange Bowl. I guess we could debate whether they got screwed but nobody was screaming that they should be in at the time. LSU wound up winning the championship so in retrospect it would’ve been nice if KU had been given a shot.  :)

But it’s been a general truism that after one loss, teams know that they have to win the rest of their games to play for a national championship. PSU lost that chance when they lost to Michigan. Hell, James Franklin was on the hot seat back then and if not for a fluke win against OSU that gave them the tiebreaker in the East Division, he might’ve been canned. Instead he won a conference championship and job security. If winning a conference championship isn’t an example of being helped by a conference championship game then what is it? The playoff was off the table but the goal of a conference championship was still there to be won. I don’t see the confusion. 

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They lost their playoff spot long before they got to the conference championship game. They lost it when the got their second loss. You can recover from one loss. You can’t recover from two except in the rarest of circumstances where a bunch of teams ahead of you lose and there aren’t enough undefeated and 1-loss teams to fill the available slots. That’s been true (for the most part) for 24 years.

I know from firsthand experience that LSU made it into the BCS Championship Game with 2 losses against 1-loss OSU in 2007. Both teams backed into the game when a bunch of teams ahead of them lost. I was going to say that OSU was the only 1-loss team but there was one other -- Kansas who was ranked #8 behind a bunch of 2-loss teams. They wound up beating 2-loss Va Tech in the Orange Bowl. I guess we could debate whether they got screwed but nobody was screaming that they should be in at the time. LSU wound up winning the championship so in retrospect it would’ve been nice if KU had been given a shot.  :)

But it’s been a general truism that after one loss, teams know that they have to win the rest of their games to play for a national championship. PSU lost that chance when they lost to Michigan. Hell, James Franklin was on the hot seat back then and if not for a fluke win against OSU that gave them the tiebreaker in the East Division, he might’ve been canned. Instead he won a conference championship and job security. If winning a conference championship isn’t an example of being helped by a conference championship game then what is it? The playoff was off the table but the goal of a conference championship was still there to be won. I don’t see the confusion. 

That 2 loss LSU team was the one where Les Miles pulled out that “undefeated in regulation” bullshit

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

I said if you can't win your conference you shouldn't be invited.

with that position, there is no conversation to be had about those two teams other than "enjoy the cheese it bowl"

Um, what conferences did Bama and tOSU win?

4 hours ago, immamac said:

This is what makes the tears all that much sweeter. They wouldn't taste nearly as good from someone who didn't carry his fucking team 95 yards to score an 80 yard touchdown on his back only to lose the game because his coach robbed him of willing a touchdown into existence after 3 tries. 

These are the sweetest treasures that exist in CFB. 

He did, and I am nearly overdosing on the potency of the tears. 

This is a pathetic post. The boys you pay with your Burnt Ends $ don’t feel like this. You should have better perspective. 

4 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Would tOSO be favored against TCU in a neutral site?   Of course they would.  So fuck those roach bastards.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, redswingline said:

tcu seems like some frauds to me

I'd rather watch tulane get pummeled in the 'playoff's than watch tcu lose again

They are.  As stated, minus the conference fluffing the shit out of them they are a three loss team with objective refs.  So fuck them and this pathetic conference 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Pimphand said:

NO for fucks sake the CFP will jizz all over a UM/OSU rematch.  Do you people have ANY clue how ratings work??????

Alabama-LSU rematch in 2011 was the 3rd lowest title game in the BCS era.  Only the USC-OU (after getting stomped by KSU) and Miami-Nebraska blowouts were worse--and those just barely.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, RC Horn said:

TCU's Nonconference schedule of a really bad Colorado team, Tarleton State and SMU should alone keep them from any consideration in the playoffs. Lady Luck finally frowned on the Frogs today and I really love it.  Somewhere, former Texas AD and KSU alum Deloss Dodds is smiling. Congrats to KSU on a well earned victory. 

How about Austin Peay, Utah St. and UL Monroe?  That's Alabama's non-"SEC" schedule.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Upon further reflection, the ineptitude of the Big 12 is absolutely staggering. It’s clear they were trying to dictate the outcome, but they weren’t even able to do that correctly. At the very least, it cost the conference the exposure of Duggan winning a Heisman. And TCU will probably have to play UGA in Atlanta. LOL

Actually it looked like from the first half, the refs were trying to throw the game to KSU.  Gambler money?  And those spots in OT?