Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

Just now, VABuckeye said:

This weekend Fernando also becomes the first man to do 20000 competitive pals in an F1 car. 

Pals, or laps? I dunno how many pals he's done, but I think the last lap at Monza was his 20,000th race lap in F1. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I'd be cool never seeing lance stroll driving anything as his expensive hobby ever again

Star Trek Yes GIF

I missed it. I saw him getting out of the car. 

Daddy should put an end to this expensive hobby for “his boy”.

He’s fucking horrible.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

47 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I'd be cool never seeing lance stroll driving anything as his expensive hobby ever again

From your lips to Gods ears

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Well that turned to shit for Red Bull.

Both cars out in Q2

Number One Party GIF by Ben L

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Lewis just waited till Russel messed up. Carlos drove a brilliant race. That was fun

I laughed so hard at Russell going off. I have no idea how he managed that on relatively new mediums at that turn. I think he freaked out because he knew Lewis was faster behind him. George has always struggled in close racing, but this was next level. 

Best race of the year by far. Lot of strategy, timing luck, and a hell of a hunt at the end.

Lando said he hit the same wall just before George did. Maybe following so tight to sit in the slip stream hid the wall sticking out a bit and George hit it just hard enough. 

Either way, that was fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Sainz drove the entire race with a car in his mirrors.  Brilliant racing.  He's also the new Ferrari stategist "I'm doing it on purpose".

Sainz keeping Lando within DRS was ballsy and brilliant. 

I know merc was never going to tell George to let Lewis by but he was so much quicker the last 10 laps. I dont know if he gets Carlos but he probably gets Lando for p2. 

Still,  best race of the year. And not just because we never had to see or hear nax and Horner all day..... but that helped. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s rather amazing how the Red Bulls didn’t work there. Great work by Mercedes to duck in for new tires there near the end. I was rooting for Sainz to hold on. He seems like a good dude.

It was Martin, I think, who mentioned Russell’s rear tires looking so bad not long before he went off. I’m sure it was a combination of things but, the biggest issue was Hamilton riding his rear bumper.

For how crappy the Red Bulls were Max still got up well into the points, especially after Russell went off.

It was fun. 

I do want so much to swim in that pool on top of the Marina building.

11 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

For how crappy the Red Bulls were Max still got up well into the points, especially after Russell went off.

As bad as the cars were, Max still would have been right there had it not been for getting screwed twice by safety cars--the first one allowing everyone to pit without losing much time, negating Red Bull's strategy of staying out on hards, the second one right after both Max and Sergio finally pitted AND only being a virtual safety car, keeping the field spread out.

Can't have all the luck for a full season, I suppose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It was Martin, I think, who mentioned Russell’s rear tires looking so bad not long before he went off. I’m sure it was a combination of things but, the biggest issue was Hamilton riding his rear bumper.

Just watched the onboards for Rus and Ham (didn't see a replay during the race). GR just clipped a wall that juts out there. It's a weird spot for it to stick out, but it's there. He just put it too far to the right trying to go wide as possible for the next turn. Tires weren't an issue in it.

image.png.1708600461e3bb6fbd52dd7ec0e51524.png

image.png.350f3576b492428a5ab992068a8c8e69.png

Edited by FirstTimeCaller