Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

Albon = beast.

Chuck = a bit overrated imho. I think I've seen these silly wtf mistakes much more often than the awesome qualifying laps so many people rave about.

Checo wtf?

Damon is absolutely a waste of a perfectly good mic. They'd have been better off keeping Johnny.

Bernie just keeps dropping the knowledge, while Karun replies "Correct", as if she's just saying what he was already thinking. LOL. Sure, Karun. OK.

Ocon lol. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Albon has said he’s not interested in going back. $$$ might change his mind

Maybe. You never know. But then again, Williams seems proper quick and may be on the rise going forward. And they love him there. IMHO that actually counts for a lot to most of these guys.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Fernando. 

You never know. Max has been talking a lot about taking a break, etc, too. Barring that, it probably depends on how this season ends and how the AM prospects for the future look.

BTW I read that in FP1 Fernando ran the new floor & aero parts. then he ran the old floor in FP2, with Stroll rolling with the new floor, to get a direct, back-to-back comparison of the new floor vs the old floor. In FP1 (new floor) Fernando was P2, 0.278s behind Max. In FP2 (old floor, hard tires) he was P10, only about 0.028s behind Lance (new floor, medium tires).

I was looking at the satellite images from the track today and for some reason I never realized exactly where the track is located. Then I looked a bit north, up the coast, and realized that my German cousin has a beach house just up the road.

I sent him a message and said, "hey, why don't we do the race next year since the track is so close to Julianadorp (where the house is)". 

Also, I think Charles has turned into Cheddar Bob. He can't quit shooting himself in the leg.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Max is currently leading the Constructor's title by 67 points all on his own. That's awesome 

Yep, & I saw something the other day that said if RBR had 2 Checos & no Max this year, they'd still be ahead of P2 by something like 110 points.

Four different constructors in the top 4 is pretty cool (even though they’re competing to stay within a minute of Max).  That track, with all the banking, seems like it be a blast to drive. 

6 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Fernando. 

Max and Fernando in RBR… yeah that’d be entertaining. 

5 hours ago, wood said:

Albon = beast.

Bernie just keeps dropping the knowledge, while Karun replies "Correct", as if she's just saying what he was already thinking. LOL. Sure, Karun. OK.

Ocon lol. 

I’ve said before that I enjoy Bernie.  A lot more now that I’m getting used to her voice

I’ve always liked Albon

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 2

Maybe Lawson? If Danny was brought in to put pressure on Yuki/Checo then I don’t see why Lawson, taking over for Danny, couldn’t put his name in the hat if he does well enough. I should have prefaced this by saying I know nothing on the quality of young drivers other then what has been said here and Reddit/Twitter. 

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

Hahah, Red Bull. Fucking cunts.

Perez doesn’t deserve this bull shit. Best teammate that evil maniac team has ever had and they give no fucks. Fuck em.

Probably saved Perez the embarrassment by undercutting him. Max was turning in lap times between 2 and 4 seconds quicker than Sergio at that point (both on inters, mind you). All we missed was the inevitable team radio chatter:

"Checo, please let Max by. He's on a different, uh, tire strategy than you."

"I want to race."

"Sergio, Max is much, much faster than you. Like so much. Please do it."

"Okay, but I don't like it, and I want everyone to know it."

"Sure thing, Checo."

Not that Max would have needed much help easily overtaking him.

Edited by aggie08
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

Hahah, Red Bull. Fucking cunts.

Perez doesn’t deserve this bull shit. Best teammate that evil maniac team has ever had and they give no fucks. Fuck em.

On the other hand, he’s lucky to be in a Red Bull. Otherwise, he’d be deep into the mid field. He’s just not that good. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

What I don't get is that no one saw the rain coming at the start and decided to start on intermediates? I could understand if it came on lap 5, but by the time they came back around it was soaked.

I guess the risk is if you are wrong, it's the biggest story of the day.

16 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

What I don't get is that no one saw the rain coming at the start and decided to start on intermediates? I could understand if it came on lap 5, but by the time they came back around it was soaked.

I get not starting on inters. A standing start surrounded by dudes on softs sounds dangerous as shit.

But how several teams--not just Ferrari--didn't have inters locked and loaded for a potential early pit stop is beyond me. All their real-time radar forecasting, and no one popped their head out and said, "Um, it's raining on the other side of the track. Let's be ready."

Even Red Bull was slow getting inters out of the garage for Sergio when the 2nd storm cell came through when every teams' radio chatter for the last 37 minutes was, "Rain expected in exactly 37 minutes."

I'm sure the answer is tire blankets and what not, but still weird.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

That was fun. Just finished watching my recording.

It seems like that black cloud that parked itself over Vettel after his crash at Hockenheim is now firmly hovering over LeClair. That’s some serious crap following him. Good on Sainz for holding his spot at the end.

Norris got a bit of a bad break but, he did well to recover. Sucks for Russell. I seriously can’t understand why Stroll has a seat. I get it, daddy, but this is some expensive weekend hobby shit.

I’m glad for Gasly. For some reason I like him. Glad for Albon, too. 

I enjoyed it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, RPM said:

My recording cut off and I didn't see the finish. Sounds like that was a good thing. Checo always gets fucked.

There's no doubt Max is prioritized in the garage. Given the way Checo performs all on his own, I can't say that's a wrong move. 

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Checo always gets fucked.

Checo qualifies over one second behind his teammate.

Checo gets first dibs on pitting for inters, allowing him to claim P1, 14 second ahead of Max.

Checo allows Max to get within 3 seconds after, like, 4 laps.

Checo locks up his front tires on turn 1 and ends up in the wall.

Checo gets absolutely bailed out after unforgivably pitting right before a red flag (presumably a terrible team decision) and is put back into P3 for the restart.

Checo incurs at pit lane speeding penalty and never remotely challenges Alonso for P2.

"Checo always gets fucked."

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Checo gets first dibs on pitting for inters, allowing him to claim P1, 14 second ahead of Max.

Checo gets absolutely bailed out after unforgivably pitting right before a red flag (presumably a terrible team decision) and is put back into P3 for the restart.

Checo incurs at pit lane speeding penalty and never remotely challenges Alonso for P2.

RedBull driving ship, go fuck yourself

Pamela Chu.

72dcd2e745bb42a3298e8008206b50b4.png

8 hours ago, G650 said:

Nicely done from ol Fred today

Yep. Masterful drive in all conditions. Dude is an alien. And the car looks like it's back too. Guess the new floor & aero updates are working.

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

But how several teams--not just Ferrari--didn't have inters locked and loaded for a potential early pit stop is beyond me. All their real-time radar forecasting, and no one popped their head out and said, "Um, it's raining on the other side of the track. Let's be ready."

It really is mind-blowing.

6 hours ago, RPM said:

My recording cut off and I didn't see the finish. 

Yeah mine too. I have YTTV, which normally records until the end even when things run late. but for some reason it didn't this time. First time ever. You don't have the option to add time, so oh well. Caught the end on F1TV.

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

There's no doubt Max is prioritized in the garage. Given the way Checo performs all on his own, I can't say that's a wrong move. 

5 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

They could prioritize Checo and Max would still win. 

Yep and it's SOP when you have a clear #1 driver. Checo isn't a special case.

Edited by wood