Oklahoma Recruiting 2024: Sunken Eyes and Licking Lips

Constant

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The Sooners OL finally being called for holding would be so beautiful. 

The Big 12 has allowed them to hold with impunity since at least 2008. It's almost unbelievable. I can't help but wonder how many extra loses they would have had over the past decade if holding was called consistently. 

• Hook 'Em 9

I’ll give them this, it was a good strategy for almost a decade. Mug WR’s and DE’s with holding and eventually the officials don’t want to call it anymore. Glad to see it bite them in the ass in the non conference games though.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:39 PM, SamMan said:

I doubt Arnold is going to go 15-40 with 2 TDs and 4 INTs in the bowl game against Arizona, but he will have had a month of starter reps and the Wildcats aren’t exactly the ‘09 Crimson Tide. That said, I think it is an interesting matchup and I’m looking forward to it.

you weren’t way off.

• Hook 'Em 4

Frankly. I think the OU OL is screwed. The SEC has given Bama some questionable help here and there, but their officials consistently call good games. 

That adult baby looking psycho Bedenbaugh is going to take it down the studs and start over OR he should take a Big 12. At a minimum, OU will have to fundamentally change their offense in the SEC. 

I was at the game last night in a section surrounded by sooners.  It was comical to hear them hem and haw about the holding calls. 

While they were adamant that it was unfair, they were certain it could be called on every play.  My son and I chuckled - against OU, it absolutely could be called on every play.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

The SEC refs didn't give a fuck about when the holding was happening.  They called 2 or 3 holding calls on OUs last drive when the game was basically over. They aren't fucking around, and OU is in for a very rude awakening next year.

We're going to skullfuck them next year.

On 12/20/2023 at 9:55 AM, Constant said:

Danny Okoye: “I wasn’t actually too big on Oklahoma at the start. That was really because of the way Lincoln Riley had influenced me… When Venables took over, I just saw a totally different vibe.” 

Well, he'll get to enjoy mediocrity, so he should be proud to be a part of such a movement 

I'm mostly joking. He's a good kid, but him playing at such a low level of football where he was a man against quite literal little boys, it's hard to really know what he can do. I think he's a project, but maybe Venables can get the most out of him 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

On 12/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, Constant said:

Tatum Taylor is the only one left to sign. 

fixed

Honestly, nothing against the kid, but I think he's a tad overrated. A good baseball player, but when Choice didn't even entertain him or Peoples, I knew something wasn't right when Choice immediately went OOS for his RB's. Maybe I'm wrong, but something about him after watching some of his highlights he just looked OK, not elite. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Honestly, nothing against the kid, but I think he's a tad overrated. A good baseball player, but when Choice didn't even entertain him or Peoples, I knew something wasn't right when Choice immediately went OOS for his RB's. Maybe I'm wrong, but something about him after watching some of his highlights he just looked OK, not elite. 

Our guys are good, but those guys are both good too. I think Gibson was the initial primary, but Clark was probably just as if not more desired.
I also believe the EE thing was an issue due to baseball. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Our guys are good, but those guys are both good too. I think Gibson was the initial primary, but Clark was probably just as if not more desired.
I also believe the EE thing was an issue due to baseball. 

Ah, OK. Didn't know rhat about the baseball thing. And you're probably right that they're good, but I always wondered if Choice saw something in Peoples and Tatum that he didn't like, and he had already honed in on Clark (who is criminally underrated when he has offers from UGA, Bama, Ohio State, Oregon), and Gibson is a thick mf'er who bullies his way through defenders. I found it cool that Sark wrote Bijan? next to Clark's name, which makes me feel yummy inside. I believe we definitely got the better of the 4 backs. Seeing all 4 of their Hudl, I agree. I don't usually look at those things because they're all highlights, but I can see why Sark and Choice made their decisions without a second thought of Tatum/Peoples. 

I truly believe Clark is a special special back. He has uncanny vision like Brooks (I wanted to say Bijan, but I can't bring myself to do that), and his stop-go is like Bijan in a way, even though Bijan's highlights clearly showed a different animal. 

On 12/29/2023 at 9:49 AM, WBT said:

counterpoint: how did we not skullfuck them this year?

Being able to neutralize one of the best DL in football by mugging them with impunity is a pretty big advantage.  

On 12/29/2023 at 5:12 AM, Rickylovesweed said:

The infuriating thing about the lack of holding calls is Bedenbaugh has pretty much said that's his entire strategy. To hold and see how much OU can get away with. That's fine if it was consistently applied but it never has been. 

I feel like I remember many years ago the announcers basically acknowledging that OU was holding like a MFer but Stoops was smart enough to keep doing it until it’s called.   

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Tennessee returns a lot next year with a stud QB.

I see at least 4 preseason top 15 teams on OU's schedule next year in Alabama, Ole Miss, Texas, and Tennessee. Maybe a 5th if LSU or Missouri add a couple more transfers. That is a brutal fucking schedule. 

michael fassbender shame GIF

46 minutes ago, Chango said:

Did anyone see that ou pussy doing the horns down the whole time he was getting his participation trophy at halftime last night?

I seent it. They’re all complete tards.

image.thumb.jpeg.dfebc8db3153d63064ce00ed05988e63.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Alley is a guy who knows Venables system. He was a GA at Clemson where he worked with linebackers and the defensive line.

I’m not familiar with the guy, but he has some history with Venables. Has to be better than Roof, who had the defensive play calling taken away from him this season. 

1 minute ago, Constant said:

I’m not familiar with the guy, but he has some history with Venables. Has to be better than Roof, who had the defensive play calling taken away from him this season. 

I'm still waiting on your response to Jackson Arnold doing things that Dillon Gabriel couldn't.