2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

You know what middle age is? Sitting around waiting for the fucking rain and putting the radar loop on refresh every 15 mins. 
Fuck those putos 
Word to that. I was sure it would have rained enough to fuck up the mountain bike trails or rivers for fishing when I planned my Friday. Nada. I had the afternoon off and no kid or lady friend, and instead of doing that, I'm doing ding repair on surfboards and Sups and checking the weather in my garage with a dry ass yard as well.

Come on Rain, your wife says you only got an inch, don't last long and do not satisfy.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

One hour rain here in helotes area. 

There’s a huge aquifer recharge spot close by, it’s getting a load 

loadsize.jpg.45a413e95e178dd74e5bd6ee161b4c2b.jpg

I'm pleased to report that operation rip-a-bowl was a complete success. I can hear the thunder rollin in.....lets do this! Drifting off to sleep stoned as a spring storm moves through....

bubba-ten.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Anybody that was using Dark Skies and then switched over to Apple's weather, has it been absolute shit lately?  Like constantly showing rain every hour for hours at a time when there was nothing?  

Apple went to shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

LT is unimpressed, river flows aren’t either. 

0AA5A5FE-2937-4615-8CD3-4F73C7BBB185.png

88B885E5-54F5-4FA5-B60E-02414819DFB7.png

Yeah I keep telling folks, it takes something more like 10x what we just got, over the same short timespan, to really have any effect on the lakes.  Those inbound riverflows have got to get up into the multiple thousands of CFS before we'll see it rise.

But hey, here's hoping we get a ton more rain over the next few days.

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah I keep telling folks, it takes something more like 10x what we just got, over the same short timespan, to really have any effect on the lakes.  Those inbound riverflows have got to get up into the multiple thousands of CFS before we'll see it rise.

But hey, here's hoping we get a ton more rain over the next few days.

Except the ground is soaked enough for it to start moving if we get real rain. It could move up this week some. But reality is we need a 6-7 inch event isolated at once on top of these modest rains to see meaningful increases.

39 minutes ago, troph said:

Except the ground is soaked enough for it to start moving if we get real rain. It could move up this week some. But reality is we need a 6-7 inch event isolated at once on top of these modest rains to see meaningful increases.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  We need a massive event on top of what we already have, to get the streamflows up.  4-5" over 3-4 days won't do much.  7-10" within 24-48 hours of what we just got, will.

Edited by utee94

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Anybody that was using Dark Skies and then switched over to Apple's weather, has it been absolute shit lately?  Like constantly showing rain every hour for hours at a time when there was nothing?  

I used Wunderground but gave Apple app a shot after the Dark Skies integration. It sucks ass for rain prediction and the radar often has empty sections with no data. And yes, yesterday, it was telling me that it was currently raining when it was sunny.