2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

25 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Glad I spread grass seed all over my backyard that I now have to hand water for two extra days instead of the rain that was supposed to happen.

Did the same. All these little birds are eating it and going to reseed my neighbors lawn. 

I need a cat. 

Houston area getting a steady soaking this morning. Nothing heavy yet, but a consistent light rain since before sunup.  Looks like some stronger stuff down in Brazoria/Fort Bend that may or may not make it to the city center later. 

Unrelated to the front making its way down south. Little disturbance that originated out in the Gulf. If you're anywhere inside a triangle drawn from Matagorda to Hunstville to Beaumont, you're likely to get at least some rain today.

21 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

?

Everything I've been watching has had it pretty consistent with about 1.5-3 inches over the past several days.

image.png.2fc0a672c8ca3bf927df1cf01f8cbec0.png

I'm so stupid. "Huh? What? I don't see models trending down!!1!"

image.png.42eee3b07a96df50ffafb1a4905dcf4f.png

It’s gonna be 100 fucking degrees tomorrow with the heat index.  I know cooler temps and rain are on the way but I just wanted to tell summer 23 to get fucked one last time.  This was fucking ridiculous.  I was hand watering my front yard for an hour tonight.  I don’t fucking get this shit anymore.  

• Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, YGIFS said:

It’s gonna be 100 fucking degrees tomorrow with the heat index.  I know cooler temps and rain are on the way but I just wanted to tell summer 23 to get fucked one last time.  This was fucking ridiculous.  I was hand watering my front yard for an hour tonight.  I don’t fucking get this shit anymore.  

Just wait until we're back in the 90s by mid-next week.

Gladiator GIF

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

Seriously, why do they even bother talking about this stuff a week out? Just saw a KXAN update with lower totals... again... with talk of it trending drier. They've gone from talking about multiple days of rain and several inches to maybe an inch if you're lucky.

Then they said the dreaded "broken line of showers" moving through tomorrow morning. All that means is there will be a fat gap in Austin. 

What the forecast was two days ago:

image.png.2fc0a672c8ca3bf927df1cf01f8cbec0.png

What it is now:

image.png.282ebd728d3695df788a13a97033ff51.png

On 10/2/2023 at 5:49 PM, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

The models have been trending the wrong direction though. Looks like one real day of rain on Thursday- at least it’ll be a little cooler.

Ive seen this play out too many times…QPF models get excited in this range and then step down as we get closer. 

Every damn time. 

• Rage+1 1