the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

way to go Moscow Marge.  way to take the spotlight off of all of the campus demonstrations that are hurting Biden.  way to shine it on the dysfunctional GQP.  

this is going to be the big talking point for the next week or so.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

way to go Moscow Marge.  way to take the spotlight off of all of the campus demonstrations that are hurting Biden.  way to shine it on the dysfunctional GQP.  

this is going to be the big talking point for the next week or so.

She trying to pry eyes way from stormy?

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

359-43 to kill the motion to take out Johnson

If they can just kill it, what’s the threat?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Is this tweet sarcastic?  MTG's been talking about doing this for weeks now.

Yeah, I gotta give her partial credit.  For once, a lunatic GOP'er screaming, "IN TWO WEEKS!" actually did something they promised within a fortnight.  

But if I'm the Democrats, I let this drag out as long as possible through procedural and floor debate drama.  It's one thing to humiliate her with such a resounding vote, but let her continue to humiliate herself and her party with some technicalities.  I don't get the rushed play here.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I gotta give her partial credit.  For once, a lunatic GOP'er screaming, "IN TWO WEEKS!" actually did something they promised within a fortnight.  

But if I'm the Democrats, I let this drag out as long as possible through procedural and floor debate drama.  It's one thing to humiliate her with such a resounding vote, but let her continue to humiliate herself and her party with some technicalities.  I don't get the rushed play here.  

Let’s see if she does it again 

The Democrats need to write up a bill for 500 billion dollars and small tactical nukes for Ukraine and then tell Johnson that if he doesn’t let it up for a vote they’ll go tell Marge to file another motion they can vote for. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

MTG really is the perfect Trumpkin.  She worships at the altar of BEING A FUCKING LOSER WHO LOSES.

FhqTvf4UUAANH2l.jpg:large

Marge is the cackling space monkey to Trump's Jabba the Hutt.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Salacious B Crumb slander will not stand, man.

I think I fingered that chick at Niagara Falls on Spring Break '98.  Might have had a yeast infection though.

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Bwahaha.   More Ds voted for her motion than Rs.  By a 3-1 ratio.

She’s a plant by Soros.  That’s what I’ll be telling my MAGA relatives.

54 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s see if she does it again 

The result was humiliating for her.

So I’d say the chances of her doing it again will rise.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Marge is the cackling space monkey to Trump's Jabba the Hutt.

This…is perfection…..but also…
Salacious B Crumb slander will not stand, man.

…this. Salacious is 100x more leadership material than Three Toes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Democrats need to write up a bill for 500 billion dollars and small tactical nukes for Ukraine and then tell Johnson that if he doesn’t let it up for a vote they’ll go tell Marge to file another motion they can vote for. 

My view is that Jeffries should tell Johnson that they followed through with their promise to not go along if she raised the motion, and they kept that promise, but it can't be indefinite. .

"Mike, we kept our promise, now get your dog on a leash or all bets are off."

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My view is that Jeffries should tell Johnson that they followed through with their promise to not go along if she raised the motion, and they kept that promise, but it can't be indefinite. .

"Mike, we kept our promise, now get your dog on a leash or all bets are off."

I don't know why on earth we'd agree to anything beyond a one time deal.  For that matter, who cares if Mike Johnson comes out and claims we operated in bad faith.  Screw him, and screw any Republican claiming a bad faith negotiation.  That's downright laughable coming from a party that has made it it's entire platform not deal in good faith.  

In short, fuck em.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“Motion for a small change to the rules: you have to have at least four toes on each foot to make any motion.” That’ll shut her up right quick.

Ridiculous has that may be, I'm betting you could sneak it into a new rules package with a new speaker.  Just saying.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I don't know why on earth we'd agree to anything beyond a one time deal.  For that matter, who cares if Mike Johnson comes out and claims we operated in bad faith.  Screw him, and screw any Republican claiming a bad faith negotiation.  That's downright laughable coming from a party that has made it it's entire platform not deal in good faith.  

In short, fuck em.  

On the one hand, the Republican politicians are catering to the dumbest fucking voters in this country.

On the other hand, quite a few Republican politicians are making the case that they are just as fucking dumb as their followers.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

That went off about as well as her pipe bomb. 

How do you think she lost two of those toes?  

What movie was that where the U.s. military/LEO guy finally realizes who the bombmaker is because somebody tells him that they're usually missing a piece of a finger or two due to premature explosions?  I need to send that clip to her office.  in a tasteful way, of course...

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

In short, fuck em.  

Eh, the aid package to Ukraine and Taiwan is huge, potential generational impacts in preserving a world favorable to the United States and democracy.

The Dems should lean into this. Pick 1-2 issues with broad bipartisan backing and tell Johnson “we’ve got you until mid-September” then we kick your ass.

There‘a no putting Marge on a leash but maybe there is a window to use Johnson’s ego and desire to hold on to the advantage of the country. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Eh, the aid package to Ukraine and Taiwan is huge, potential generational impacts in preserving a world favorable to the United States and democracy.

The Dems should lean into this. Pick 1-2 issues with broad bipartisan backing and tell Johnson “we’ve got you until mid-September” then we kick your ass.

There‘a no putting Marge on a leash but maybe there is a window to use Johnson’s ego and desire to hold on to the advantage of the country. 

Screw that, leverage him at every turn and don't think twice about it.  Mike Johnson is about the most feckless person to ever come to any political power in US history.  What's little feckless Mike do, whine about it like a snowflake?  Go OAN and blame Democrats for all his problems (hint: he already does that).  No one gives a shit what this guy says or does, Republican or Democrat.  Leverage him for absolutely everything you can.

To be fair, I'm tired of us trying to play nice, go along to get along, only to get Charlie Brown'd at every turn.  We have our boot on his throat, stomp.  Republicans wouldn't blink if the shoe were on the other foot.  It's time to give them a taste.  Make them Charlie Brown and do it publicly.  Make every Republican voter feel like a loser (they are).  Play the game just as mean and opportunistic as they do.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Screw that, leverage him at every turn and don't think twice about it.  Mike Johnson is about the most feckless person to ever come to any political power in US history.  What's little feckless Mike do, whine about it like a snowflake?  Go OAN and blame Democrats for all his problems (hint: he already does that).  No one gives a shit what this guy says or does, Republican or Democrat.  Leverage him for absolutely everything you can.
To be fair, I'm tired of us trying to play nice, go along to get along, only to get Charlie Brown'd at every turn.  We have our boot on his throat, stomp.  Republicans wouldn't blink if the shoe were on the other foot.  It's time to give them a taste.  Make them Charlie Brown and do it publicly.  Make every Republican voter feel like a loser (they are).  Play the game just as mean and opportunistic as they do.  

No.
Play it meaner.
Crush, humiliate, destroy. It’s the only language they understand, so speak it with authority.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No.
Play it meaner.
Crush, humiliate, destroy. It’s the only language they understand, so speak it with authority.

That's politics, and it always has been.  Leverage everything you can, and recognize that the other guy will.  Where Republicans have had the edge the last forty years in the playing mean corner.  Our biggest weakness during that time frame is the idea that we play the civil card and the nice guys and somehow that'd lead us to the future.  It's gotten us nowhere, and perhaps worse.  Instead of crushing idiots like the Freedom Caucus we've treated them with kid gloves.  Instead of declaring open political warfare on them, we get Jim Jordan almost as Speaker of the House.  It's beyond time to play mean, and it's beyond time to develop a killer instinct.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

What movie was that where the U.s. military/LEO guy finally realizes who the bombmaker is because somebody tells him that they're usually missing a piece of a finger or two due to premature explosions?

Pretty sure it’s The Kingdom but my back up answer is Larry Wright’s The Siege.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I mostly agree with you but 100 years from now we won’t remember what party won the 100 whatever Congress. We will remember how Ukraine laid waste to the Russian armed forces using second hand NATO compatible gear. 

Whatever it takes, keep the eye on the prize. Stacked Russian bodies. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

That went off about as well as her pipe bomb. 

I would almost, ALMOST, trade dotard getting off completely free if it meant she was exposed, tried, and executed for being the pipe bomber. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I mostly agree with you but 100 years from now we won’t remember what party won the 100 whatever Congress. We will remember how Ukraine laid waste to the Russian armed forces using second hand NATO compatible gear. 

Whatever it takes, keep the eye on the prize. Stacked Russian bodies. 

We already got that, it's time to get more.  Though I agree.  

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is the best investment we’ve made since the Marshall Plan

Listen. Texas gave me a history and government (poly sci) degree- not that really means much. And I 1000% agree. Objectively successful Cold War, resulting in massive depletion of Russian military power 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Listen. Texas gave me a history and government (poly sci) degree- not that really means much. And I 1000% agree. Objectively successful Cold War, resulting in massive depletion of Russian military power 

And no American troops

I fail to see why it’s bad unless you’re a boot licking Russian toadie. So most of the GOP

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2