Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

Two Scoops Inflation Reduction Act is completely mushroom stamping all economic reports.

No word yet if the Fed still thinks you have to lose your job for the greater good.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/03/15/ppi-february-2023-.html

The producer price index fell 0.1% for the month, against the Dow Jones estimate for a 0.3% increase and compared with a 0.3% gain in January, the Labor Department reported Wednesday. On a 12-month basis, the index increased 4.6%, well below the downwardly revised 5.7% level from the previous month.

Excluding food, energy and trade, the index rose 0.2%, down from the 0.5% gain in January. On an annual basis, that reading was up 4.4%, the same as in January. Excluding food and energy, PPI was flat, vs. the estimate for a 0.4% gain.

• Rage+1 2

Havent had a good "Fuck military leaches" post in awhile so lets get a good laugh at the world's largest job program

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/vet.nr0.htm

Employment Situation of Veterans Summary

The unemployment rate for veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces at
any time since September 2001--a group referred to as Gulf War-era II veterans--declined 
to 3.1 percent in 2022 and the rate for all veterans decreased to 2.8 percent, the U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. In August 2022, 41 percent of Gulf War-era II
veterans had a service-connected disability, compared with 27 percent of all veterans.

L-O FUCKING L 

This information was obtained from the Current Population Survey (CPS), a monthly sample
survey of about 60,000 eligible households that provides data on employment, unemployment,
and persons not in the labor force in the United States. Data about veterans are collected
monthly in the CPS; these monthly data are the source of the 2022 annual averages presented
in this news release. In August 2022, a supplement to the CPS collected additional 
information about veterans on topics such as service-connected disability and veterans'
current or past Reserve or National Guard membership. The supplement was co-sponsored by
the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Department of Labor's Veterans'
Employment and Training Service. For more information, see the Technical Note in this 
news release. 

Highlights from the 2022 data:

--The unemployment rate for all veterans (2.8 percent) was lower than the rate for
   nonveterans (3.6 percent) in 2022. (See table A.)

--Unemployment rates for both male and female veterans decreased to 2.8 percent in
   2022. (See table A.)

--Unemployment rates for White and Black veterans were lower than for their nonveteran
   counterparts in 2022, while the rates for Asian and Hispanic veterans were not
   statistically different than their nonveteran counterparts. (See table 1.)

--Among the 250,000 unemployed veterans in 2022, 54 percent were ages 25 to 54, 39 percent
   were age 55 and over, and 7 percent were ages 18 to 24. (See table 2A.)

--Among Gulf War-era II veterans, the unemployment rate of veterans with a service-connected
   disability was little changed at 3.4 percent and the rate for veterans with no disability
   decreased to 1.9 percent in August 2022. (See table 7.)

--Gulf War-era II veterans who reported a service-connected disability rating of less 
   than 30 percent were much more likely to be in the labor force than those with a rating
   of 60 percent or higher in August 2022 (94.8 percent compared with 65.9 percent). (See 
   table 7.)

--In August 2022, 27 percent of employed veterans with a service-connected disability 
   worked in the public sector, compared with 22 percent of veterans with no disability 
   and 13 percent of nonveterans. (See table 8.)

--In 2022, the unemployment rate of veterans varied across the country, ranging from
   0.7 percent in North Dakota to 5.2 percent in Nevada. (See table 6A.)

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Need to take on spammers (phone, text, and email) next. The phone companies are fucking worthless as is fucking Google.

Sms spamming should go down quite a bit around May. FCC is starting  campaign registries for all telco companies. It's causing a shit storm at work because I work with morons 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh look, a leader leading and doing the bare minimum. amazing how outstanding that seems these days

It's really not that hard. You show up and bring money and sympathy. Try to be a caring and involved person. 

Heckuva Job Brownie and the Paper Toss

He isn't going to win in Mississippi. There's no way. But, he's a good dude. He actually gives a shit about someone that can't do a damn thing for him.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I remember when it was announced that Trump was going to visit Puerto Rico.  My very first thought was, "My lord, he doesn't know that nobody on that island voted for him or can vote for him in the future."  Then I saw the paper towel video and thought, "Yeah, that checks out."  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's really not that hard. You show up and bring money and sympathy. Try to be a caring and involved person. 

Heckuva Job Brownie and the Paper Toss

He isn't going to win in Mississippi. There's no way. But, he's a good dude. He actually gives a shit about someone that can't do a damn thing for him.

Yeah he’s a good person….. unlike the shitty people in eastern Ohio who were “outraged” when president Biden didn’t come show up and support them after the chemical spill, but voted for trump by over 30 points and would tell Biden to fuck off the other 364 days of the year.

Biden was in Ukraine doing something for the whole country at the time.

19 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

In "who would have guessed it?" news, oil guys will be voting huge for Biden in 2024, I'm sure.

image.png.7ef354d1fb356868d379526b3db348cc.png

image.thumb.png.4e55716dd8d1204fb5c7f33b0744186f.png

Oil prices soar on a surprise OPEC Plus production cut. Brent crude was trading near a one-month high this morning after Saudi Arabia, Russia and their oil-producing allies said they would reduce output by roughly 1.2 million barrels per day. The White House criticized the decision, fearing it would lead to higher prices for motorists and a revenue windfall for Russia’s war efforts.

The oil guys are generally programmed to vote R.  A distinct minority has found their way out of that programming, but no external factors like oil price or rig activity is going to change the view of the still programmed majority. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Couple that with the fact that he had only just learned that Puerto Rico is part of the U.S.

And then he wanted to trade it to Denmark in exchange for Greenland. 

To be fair, the complete trade was Puerto Rico, Eric Trump, and a player to be named later to Denmark for Greenland and a 757 replacement jet engine.

$20 says when Trump heard somebody say, "Nuuk" as in Greenland's capital, he thought they meant "Nuke" as in a hurricane.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/06/white-house-pulls-punches-over-gop-judicial-nomination-blockade-00090824

not sure what thread to put this in, but repubs are blocking our judges. We have about 60 vacancies and 40 of them in red states. I get that Biden and company probably don’t want to rock the boat right now, but we can’t let any vacancies make it to the 2024 election. Trump and McConnell will fill them even if it meant 1000 babies would be thrown off the top of a skyscraper.

• Rage+1 1

Durbin is a dipshit and needs to pull his head out of his ass. The GOP quit honoring the informal protocol he's trying to maintain years ago and wouldn't fucking dream of giving a Democratic senator a veto over judges if they regain the majority.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Durbin is a dipshit and needs to pull his head out of his ass. The GOP quit honoring the informal protocol he's trying to maintain years ago and wouldn't fucking dream of giving a Democratic senator a veto over judges if they regain the majority.

I don't see how the Dems are still trying to play by the rules.  It's fucking infuriating.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/06/white-house-pulls-punches-over-gop-judicial-nomination-blockade-00090824

not sure what thread to put this in, but repubs are blocking our judges. We have about 60 vacancies and 40 of them in red states. I get that Biden and company probably don’t want to rock the boat right now, but we can’t let any vacancies make it to the 2024 election. Trump and McConnell will fill them even if it meant 1000 babies would be thrown off the top of a skyscraper.

Wtf, fuck this pussy bullshit, from the article 

Republicans moved 17 Trump administration circuit court judgeswithout Democrats’ blue slips, according to Demand Justice, a liberal advocacy group.

ram those fuckers through in 1 week, fuck the blue slip bs 

what’s the point of majority of your not going to do what needs to be done to help the country 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 4

After previously giving all Americans the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, now at 3.5%, and then handing Hispanics their lowest rate ever, Two Scoops has passed the cone to the Black community this month. Lowest Black unemployment rate on record.

This guy is just so darn nice.And he loves the women too.

labor participation up. Jerome is in shambles.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

After previously giving all Americans the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, now at 3.5%, and then handing Hispanics their lowest rate ever, Two Scoops has passed the cone to the Black community this month. Lowest Black unemployment rate on record.

This guy is just so darn nice.And he loves the women too.

labor participation up. Jerome is in shambles.

serious question because I don't know shit about how the economy *truly* works: why are people saying (whether true or not) that the economy is in shambles? is it wishcasting? I see (but usually skip, because again, I don't really understand economics well) people saying the fed is increasing rates and such, but what effect does that have and what is it an indicator of? I need to brush up on this shit. 

42 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

serious question because I don't know shit about how the economy *truly* works: why are people saying (whether true or not) that the economy is in shambles? is it wishcasting? I see (but usually skip, because again, I don't really understand economics well) people saying the fed is increasing rates and such, but what effect does that have and what is it an indicator of? I need to brush up on this shit. 

It is wishcasting.  My FIL has been saying (essentially since Biden got elected) that a huge recession is coming.  He keeps saying it, even though it keeps not happening.  He actually makes financial decisions on this fantasy.  "Oh, we'll wait to do X because by then we will be in a recession."  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

The stock market is bad. Inflation is bad. Gas prices just went up. Grocery prices have been really freaking high. 

There are cracks and bad things to point at, but the good thing is pretty much everyone has a job and the people losing jobs are still finding new ones faster than their unemployment is running out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

The stock market is bad. Inflation is bad. Gas prices just went up. Grocery prices have been really freaking high. 

There are cracks and bad things to point at, but the good thing is pretty much everyone has a job and the people losing jobs are still finding new ones faster than their unemployment is running out. 

Gas is down overall. Stock market has been WAY too high for way too long (pre-Dotard even). Groceries are not great. 

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

once inflation got going nearing and just touching double digits, bondholders panicked and told their news networks to shout about inflation being the worst thing ever.  nevermind that it's actually kinda good for a lot of normies. if you get COL or took advantage of the tight job market, and particularly when you also are obligor on a fixed rate mortgage, you could be doing pretty nice.  the obligees on those fixed rated mortgages who are getting 4% really don't like that payment stream when inflation is at 5%.  so the top of the wealth heap is getting its income stream relatively crushed. 

i'm guessing a lot of people bitching on the internets about the economy have seen their relative monthly nut drop. 

inflation sucks, but it's better than a recession.  both of those can reduce your total consumption, but recessions do it far more insidiously.  there's obviously the people who lose their jobs - that's measurable.  but there's also wage increases that aren't gained and never get caught up.  that's much more difficult to measure. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Gas is down overall. Stock market has been WAY too high for way too long (pre-Dotard even). Groceries are not great. 

Referring to the Ben bernanke “sugar” he threw onto the market. Otherwise known as quantitative easing. Yes it was artificially propping things up.

12 hours ago, elfenix said:

once inflation got going nearing and just touching double digits, bondholders panicked and told their news networks to shout about inflation being the worst thing ever.  nevermind that it's actually kinda good for a lot of normies. if you get COL or took advantage of the tight job market, and particularly when you also are obligor on a fixed rate mortgage, you could be doing pretty nice.  the obligees on those fixed rated mortgages who are getting 4% really don't like that payment stream when inflation is at 5%.  so the top of the wealth heap is getting its income stream relatively crushed. 

i'm guessing a lot of people bitching on the internets about the economy have seen their relative monthly nut drop. 

inflation sucks, but it's better than a recession.  both of those can reduce your total consumption, but recessions do it far more insidiously.  there's obviously the people who lose their jobs - that's measurable.  but there's also wage increases that aren't gained and never get caught up.  that's much more difficult to measure. 

so basically things are better for the middle class and the upper class is losing wealth? am I reading that correctly? if so, then good.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1