Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

The 25 year olds with series 7 licenses tried to drop the market again today over a missed “expectation” of 0.1% in core CPI. Once the butt hurt of not knowing everything at their age ended, we rebounded. 

And that’s why he will always be my quarterback. 

24283C27-7756-4085-8BA6-76D118B22670.png

C2060117-48A1-4C5D-A284-F7A393F7862C.jpeg

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I see the House Qunt has already spoken, but I wonder how pubs are gonna pretzel themselves into this being a bad thing. I'm sure it'll be something very basic and childlike along the lines of, "He loves Ukraine more than America." Pretty amazing how the GOP has abandoned all of their old strongholds and political slam dunks, most notably Russian policy. Now the Dems are the party that is hardlined against tyranny and cozy with the military. Just a stunning abdication of politcal clout.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

What a fucking boss move and a humiliation for Putin. A country invaded by Russia, and the President of the United States can safely visit without issue. If there's any possible downside, it's that Putin will be so fucking pissed he'll say fuck it and use nukes, MAD be damned. Which of course is not a valid criticism, but has been one of my biggest fears as Putin's army continues to fail (as far as I can tell).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, 'stache said:

What a fucking boss move and a humiliation for Putin. A country invaded by Russia, and the President of the United States can safely visit without issue. If there's any possible downside, it's that Putin will be so fucking pissed he'll say fuck it and use nukes, MAD be damned. Which of course is not a valid criticism, but has been one of my biggest fears as Putin's army continues to fail (as far as I can tell).

I thought I read last week that Russia had 96% of their army engaged. And this is the result. He's gotta be getting desperate.

His facial expression in the second picture is practically straight out of Zelenskyy's sitcom that got him elected.

Eta: you can watch it on Netflix and it's pretty good, especially once you adjust to their humor sensibilities. The biggest disappointment is that they filmed the show primarily in Russian so I can't use it to help my Ukrainian studies

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I thought I read last week that Russia had 96% of their army engaged. And this is the result. He's gotta be getting desperate.

I'm not following it too closely other than a headline here and there, but that picture just reaffirms my assumption that it's going poorly for putin.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

How long til the maga loonies start screaming how this is all faked and Joe has never left the basement?

I don't want to ruin a perfect day listening to right-wing radio, but I'm gonna guess that Russia and Ukraine are both the same, we will print and burn more money we don't have over there, and Biden made a secret deal for them to get rid of all the incriminating laptop stuff. Buy gold.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Since there is no good thread to post this on, Wisconsin is having primary elections tomorrow that could decide a shift in power in the State Supreme Court. Abortion ruling that defaults to 1849 law banning the procedure is big rallying cry for Dems, also the chance at knocking back against election laws and possible gerrymandering/redistricting decisions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

When is dark Brandon going to reign the DEA in and end this bullshit with weed/THC? Oh yeah, never. Fucking old white people are awful.

I'd like to see him take the lead on legalization, but it's not his thing, and Congress is where it has to get done. While he's not advocating for it, I'm almost certain he would not veto it if it hit his desk. He hasn't altered any of the DOJ memos that mj crimes aren't being prosecuted in states where it is legal as long as the activity complies with state law. There have been raids in Oklahoma but mostly from unlicensed growers or product being brought from out of state in ways that do not comply with state law. 

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Biden: pops up in Ukraine on Prez Day
The world: how the fuck did he do that without anyone knowing?
Biden one whole day later: here's how the fuck we did it

There's a good NYT article on this too.  May be paywalled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/20/us/politics/biden-kyiv-ukraine.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1