Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

Strong speech. (Good crowd.) Responded to Putin saying Putin can stop the war with a word. Ended the speech right at 6 pm local time and church bells could be heard in the background.

When he was talking about Poland’s history I was thinking these are things that Donald Trump doesn’t know about and if he were giving the speech then he’d be learning about them for the first time. Joe was serving in Congress when the Soviet Union fell. Trump was busy promoting himself. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Strong speech. (Good crowd.) Responded to Putin saying Putin can stop the war with a word. Ended the speech right at 6 pm local time and church bells could be heard in the background.

When he was talking about Poland’s history I was thinking these are things that Donald Trump doesn’t know about and if he were giving the speech then he’d be learning about them for the first time. Joe was serving in Congress when the Soviet Union fell. Trump was busy promoting himself. 

and banging underage girls - allegedly

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

joe biden showing up to ukraine out of nowhere in his aviators and just being a badass is so refreshing.

not bad for a doddering old coot, right republicans?

I'm still furious at my FIL for going right along with the "senile Joe" trope when the classified docs showed up.

"Golly, I don't think Joe's a bad guy, but he seems to have classified docs everywhere!  I hope someone is watching him because I don't think he knows what's going on!"

On 2/20/2023 at 7:03 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Since there is no good thread to post this on, Wisconsin is having primary elections tomorrow that could decide a shift in power in the State Supreme Court. Abortion ruling that defaults to 1849 law banning the procedure is big rallying cry for Dems, also the chance at knocking back against election laws and possible gerrymandering/redistricting decisions.

Update, Democrats continue to drag their taint over Republicans.

Lot of outsized wins today in NH state race that last time finished in a tie, Kentucky State Senate race, and 4th Congressional district in Virginia. Democratic candidates in primary for Wisconsin state supreme court are currently over 56% with 42% reporting with Janet Protasiewicz at 47%.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Lot of outsized wins today in NH state race that last time finished in a tie, Kentucky State Senate race, and 4th Congressional district in Virginia. Democratic candidates in primary for Wisconsin state supreme court are currently over 56% with 42% reporting with Janet Protasiewicz at 47%.

Well, alright!

My theory is that a major impact of the most recent realignment of white voters - educated not predominantly with Democrats, non educated nor predominantly with Republicans - is that you’re going to see Democrats perform much better in off year elections, special elections, runoffs, stand-alone judicial races, etc… anything that isn’t tied to a presidential election or to a lesser extent a midterm, because of the turnout discrepancy been educated and non educated.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

That's weird - you mean GOP Speaker infighting and zero plans to combat inflation and just trying to pass more CRT/anti-abortion/anti-LGBT crap isn't making voters happy?

VA-04 - Dem wins by 30 in 2022, Dem wins by 48 in 2023 (+18 points)
KY SD-19 - Dems wins by 23 in 2016 (was not contested in 2020), Dems wins by 54 in 2023 (+23)
NH HD-08 Stafford - TIED in 2022, Dem wins by 12 in 2023 (+12)
SCOWI race - Dems combine for 53.9% of the vote and will take on Daniel Kelly, who lost the 2020 SCOWI race by 11 points (Dem vote is just slightly below the 55.3% that Karofsky got in 2020 against Kelly)

That red wave keeps coming, baby!

11 hours ago, gmr548 said:

My theory is that a major impact of the most recent realignment of white voters - educated not predominantly with Democrats, non educated nor predominantly with Republicans - is that you’re going to see Democrats perform much better in off year elections, special elections, runoffs, stand-alone judicial races, etc… anything that isn’t tied to a presidential election or to a lesser extent a midterm, because of the turnout discrepancy been educated and non educated.

Yep, this is exactly right. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

They haven’t been told no, just haven’t gotten the invite yet. Googled it and Fox News is the first thing to pop up. Golden State just visited last month, six months after they won their title. Fake outrage as always. Now when the invite goes out they’ll say Biden was shamed into it and that he hates the Dawgs and all their maga fans. Shit like this is infuriating. 

https://www.onlineathens.com/story/sports/college/bulldogs-extra/2023/02/21/white-house-georgia-football-kirby-smart-joe-biden-buddy-carter-jon-ossoff-raphael-warnock/69929319007/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Why isn't UGA invited to the White House? That's not cool.

I think they were busy planning a surprise trip to Kyiv in the middle of an active war in order to publicly humiliate the modern foe of the free world, rather than host the dawgs

I wonder if they'll get better than fast food

• Hook 'Em 8

45 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They haven’t been told no, just haven’t gotten the invite yet. Googled it and Fox News is the first thing to pop up. Golden State just visited last month, six months after they won their title. Fake outrage as always. Now when the invite goes out they’ll say Biden was shamed into it and that he hates the Dawgs and all their maga fans. Shit like this is infuriating. 

https://www.onlineathens.com/story/sports/college/bulldogs-extra/2023/02/21/white-house-georgia-football-kirby-smart-joe-biden-buddy-carter-jon-ossoff-raphael-warnock/69929319007/

Astros haven't been yet either and they won the title in November.

There's clearly a pecking order ahead of UGA

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Astros haven't been yet either and they won the title in November.

There's clearly a pecking order ahead of UGA

And like someone said, he's been a little busy with the State of the Union and dragging his big nuts over Putin's face in Kyiv. He's in Africa now I think I heard on the radio. It'll happen, but they've poisoned the well, which is all the headline was meant to do for the brainless maga fucks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Fox News is on in the OR lounge and remote is missing. I haven’t seen this shit in a while. They are going on about “murmuring “ among the Dems that Biden isn’t running in 2024. Where is this coming from?

That has consistently been speculated by Democrats since Biden came into office. A consensus that he’s running again has only really developed in the past couple months. Probably not unrelated to the Trump announcement, lots of people speculating that he’d only run again if Trump did.

I think FOX is grasping at straws (we don’t hang anything to rag on him for at the moment so let’s talk about him stepping aside) and deliberately ignoring the shifting landscape.

Personally, I think Biden’s been maybe a B- president, slightly better than I expected. I’d be open to an alternative from the Democratic field but I don’t see one compelling enough to be worth giving up incumbency for.
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Fox News is on in the OR lounge and remote is missing. I haven’t seen this shit in a while. They are going on about “murmuring “ among the Dems that Biden isn’t running in 2024. Where is this coming from?

It’s made up

Marist polling has Dems going from 55% or so that Biden shouldn't be the nominee to now the same amount say the best chance to win next year is with him 

20 hours ago, gmr548 said:

That has consistently been speculated by Democrats since Biden came into office. A consensus that he’s running again has only really developed in the past couple months. Probably not unrelated to the Trump announcement, lots of people speculating that he’d only run again if Trump did.

I think FOX is grasping at straws (we don’t hang anything to rag on him for at the moment so let’s talk about him stepping aside) and deliberately ignoring the shifting landscape.

Personally, I think Biden’s been maybe a B- president, slightly better than I expected. I’d be open to an alternative from the Democratic field but I don’t see one compelling enough to be worth giving up incumbency for.

Katie Porter

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I saw something on one of the legitimate networks yesterday about there being speculation that Joe might not run. It was over video of him meeting with European leaders in Poland. But I’d also just heard around the time of his SOTU address that that was the unofficial kickoff to his re-election campaign. Maybe he doesn’t know. Maybe it’s just speculation. Maybe nobody knows. I don’t know. 

I wouldn’t mind if he ran and beat the repubs then retired a month later and gave his term to Harris.

I don’t really want a Harris presidency, but the president’s incumbency advantage is so big that I’d rather not waste it. Harris would still be 10x better than trump or Detrumpis.

Edited by Voldemort86

16 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I’d vote for “Weekend at Joe’s” Biden, propped up by Kamala Harris and Mayor Pete over any Republican. 

fucking this. I don't care who the dems trot out. I am never pulling the lever for an R again in my life. I'll even vote for 3rd party candidates in races where there is no dem just to vote against that R

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2