Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

38 minutes ago, Bookman said:

It's a lazy Sunday morning in August 2023. I have my air conditioning on full blast at 8:15 a.m., Donald Trump is miserable, I have the Georgia indictment open, and I'm drinking my coffee dark.

This was serene until the coffee dark part. There's nothing better than a michelada/chavela at 8:15 am. 

• Drool 1

13 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

clearing debt will (should) pump that same money into the economy, which is the thing republicans always act like they care about.

They only care about pumping money in via tax cuts and bailouts for stock buybacks.

Trickle up gets their jimmies all rustled 

• Hook 'Em 1

I hear the high sierras are nice this time of year.

Just got back from there last night and, yes, it’s lovely. Was 55 as I walked to breakfast yesterday morning and then 105 when I walked outside to meet the missus at Love Field last night. FML

On 8/19/2023 at 12:23 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I simply don't get how anyone could have a problem with any of their fellow citizens getting a leg up. Boosting up those who have little boosts everyone. Brandon is quietly chipping away at the progressive agenda. He may not fully harvest his efforts, but he sure is planting a lot of seeds. This is how real change comes about

A lot of it is the olds, boomers, and even some X'rs, who never experience the absurd tuition increases from the 90's forward, and the way student loans have structures that can lead many borrowers to have zero chance of ever paying them off. Without that knowledge, they default to "don't borrow if you can't pay it back." There is logic to that in most contexts, but student loans have been complicated to an extent that this makes good policy sense. Boomers who attended college at $100 a credit hour and bought a house and raised a family on $30,000 a year can't comprehend what the younger generations are facing, and empathy is almost by definition antithecal to the republican party platform. 

My law school loans are massive and I've been fortunate enough to be able to refinance them with a light at the end of the tunnel in sight (they are private so not eligible for forgiveness even under the original Biden plan). It's because I was able to get a good paying job with the degree, many others are not that fortunate, even those who work hard, and relief is difficult, even for borrowers who face medical issue preventing them from the top tier paying jobs). I support any and all forgiveness plans, and hope the younger voters are willing to go to the polls in agreement (we've been talking about being saved by the youths forever and it never pans out, I just hope things are getting bad enough that they'll finally give a shit and vote).

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The student loan thing doesn't bother me much, but I see how it can bother some people. It does bother me that there's no measures that seem to be put in place to stop the original problem. Are we not going to be in this same position in 10-20 years?

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Would also be nice if we could not be publicly lied to about it by the sitting president? 

Forgive me for not having my Hunter Biden Scorecard handy at the moment . . . are you referring to Joe Biden's assertion in the debate against Trump?

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Now you care about the sitting President lying to your face?  You didn’t seem to give a fuck for four years of being lied to over and over again. 

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

If you want to discuss how Trump and Biden both have shitheel junkie kids, and have both used their positions of elected power to facilitate millions of dollars to said shitheel kids, while both denying it ever happened, I’m good with that.  

22 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

If you want to discuss how Trump and Biden both have shitheel junkie kids, and have both used their positions of elected power to facilitate millions of dollars to said shitheel kids, while both denying it ever happened, I’m good with that.  

Is there any evidence that Joe Biden knew it happened?

• Hook 'Em 1

LEVIN: Well, I think dads sometimes and parents sometimes have blind spots about their kids, for sure, and the President may be no exception. But nothing has tied the President to any of Hunter Biden's dealings. There's no whiff of him being involved or him being implicated in it. And it's, you know, I think it's not something the voters care a lot about.

They got em!

Like someone said, if Hunter committed a crime, prosecute (which is what is actually happening it seems). 

But again, what role does Hunter Biden play in the federal government? Nada. If he used his last name to obtain something illegally, let the courts sort it out. Unless and until the right expresses outrage at the fortunes Ivanka and Kush made through the former president, shut the fuck up. Seriously. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Or how about shitheel junkie presidents?  Because that's the column Trump headlines. But if that's all you got to go to both sides it, you do you.  FWIW, I'm pretty sure neither Hunter nor any other Biden family member, received a 2 billion dollar payout from a foreign dictatorship.  You get to the bottom of that rabbit hole yet, or nah? Plus isn't your bottom line doing better now or does it require the standard Republican economic meltdown? Or, maybe go back to talking about penis extensions in the gun thread. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Weak "gotcha". In addition, that "news" site historically gets a failing grade in:

• Gathers and reports information responsibly
  • Handles the difference between news and opinion responsibly
  • Clearly labels advertising

You are not helping your cause.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Have you read that article?

You honestly believe Hunter called his Joe on speakerphone during business meetings just to shoot the shit?

"hold on guys, gotta check in with dad"

"hey pops, how's the weather in Rehoboth?"

"Ok, what were we saying about the need for approval on this, by the US government....?"

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

But Hunter's business associate, Devon Archer, told lawmakers Joe Biden did not discuss business on the calls, according to those at the hearing.”

Lol nice try dipshit.

Archer, a former Abercrombie & Fitch model…”

There not brining their best and brightest…

Now do Trump whose children were a part of his administration while running his companies. Fuck off with your faux outrage.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

The person who testified to this literally said they never talked business as stated at the very top of the article. "You don't really believe..." is pure conspiracy shit. Go fuck your own face already dumbass. If Hunter fucked around, let him find out. Unless and until you have some real evidence linking it to the president, sit down you pathetic loser. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1