Mini Universal Studios headed for Frisco

Pancho

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Victoria, Tx also had the Disney rumors, more than once 

Southwest Missouri (Branson) did as well.  It's an urban legend in a lot of cities.

There was even some fraud case in Dallas a few years back.  Some guy got people to invest in his real estate fund or something based on his "insider" info of Disney building a theme park in the north Dallas burbs.

23 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Southwest Missouri (Branson) did as well.  It's an urban legend in a lot of cities.

There was even some fraud case in Dallas a few years back.  Some guy got people to invest in his real estate fund or something based on his "insider" info of Disney building a theme park in the north Dallas burbs.

the last time the rumor got going, the local paper had to run a front page article saying it was all bs 

curious why they picked frisco over San Antonio

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the last time the rumor got going, the local paper had to run a front page article saying it was all bs 

curious why they picked frisco over San Antonio

Because the far north suburbs of Dallas have a shit ton of money and shit ton of families with small kids.

This thing doesnt sound like it's targeting national events. It's a much smaller scale thing. 

I'm sure they're targeting recurring visits from families within a fairly small radius.

Nobody is going to travel long distance and get a hotel for this park. If you're going to get a flight and hotel you will go to Orlando or LA and go to the "real" parks.

Edited by Hawndoh

11 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

This thing doesnt sound like it's targeting national events. It's a much smaller scale thing. 

I'm sure they're targeting recurring visits from families within a fairly small radius.

Nobody is going to travel long distance and get a hotel for this park. If you're going to get a flight and hotel you will go to Orlando or LA and go to the "real" parks.

it’s a booming area for sure 

58 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Because the far north suburbs of Dallas have a shit ton of money and shit ton of families with small kids.

57 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

sa has much more tourism and national events 

I don’t know if it’s meant to be an air travel destination, but DFW does have more flights than SAN. 

did it say if they have a bunch of land outside the proposed park footprint for expansion?

I don’t know if it’s meant to be an air travel destination, but DFW does have more flights than SAN. 

did it say if they have a bunch of land outside the proposed park footprint for expansion?

They say it’s supposed to be a one to two day destination. This is in the SW corner of The Fields Development. A 2,545 acre development adjacent to the new PGA headquarters and Omni PGA Resort.

I could see them being packed with DFW-South Oklahoma residents every Fri-Sun and all summer long.  And I could see them filling in weekdays in May and September with ISD field trips, corporate excursions, et. al.  

And then of course, the piece de resistance.  "North Texas Realtor Day" at the Park.  Some random Tuesday.  Everybody gets to bring a glamourshot and the handgun of their choice.  Lock the gates, turn the rides and attractions on 'Auto' and let the fucking games begin.  Last Patriot left standing gets a lifetime platinum pass.  Let God sort 'em out.

• Rage+1 1

I could see them being packed with DFW-South Oklahoma residents every Fri-Sun and all summer long.  And I could see them filling in weekdays in May and September with ISD field trips, corporate excursions, et. al.  
And then of course, the piece de resistance.  "North Texas Realtor Day" at the Park.  Some random Tuesday.  Everybody gets to bring a glamourshot and the handgun of their choice.  Lock the gates, turn the rides and attractions on 'Auto' and let the fucking games begin.  Last Patriot left standing gets a lifetime platinum pass.  Let God sort 'em out.

Probably gonna be packed. Toyota Stadium and 18 field Soccer Complex that is busy every weekend is a couple of miles south. In addition to the on site 300 room hotel, the Omni PGA next door will have 500 rooms and 10 4 bedroom ranch houses and 2 18 hole courses.

Interesting thought. What would metroplex dads be willing to pay for a package deal where they drop off the wife and kids at universal, go down the street for 18, then pick them up afterward?  Or add a night’s accommodation.  Might that be popular?

I was thinking of something along these lines.

I have no doubt it'll make money hand over first, for itself and several nearby businesses.  And I'll never see it in person.  But then I've never seen Branson either.  Some dreams just stay dreams.  

Don’t have any kids so not that interested. Maybe drop come acid and go once…a917fd31d90e2c50e71104c1e3f33a85.jpg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

1039AF9F-2435-4882-BE0A-98570FC3812E.jpeg

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I have no doubt it'll make money hand over first, for itself and several nearby businesses.  And I'll never see it in person.  But then I've never seen Branson either.  Some dreams just stay dreams.  

Nothing will make you evaluate your life choices more than a day at Silver Dollar City and an evening at Dolly Parton's Stampede.