2019 Texas Baseball Thread

texasstrong12

This will be the last weekend without college baseball for well over 4 months.  Which is fine because the weather is crappy and I gotta paint the nursery, so I'm cool with it.  

Not really much of a csb time. Me and a coworker were eating lunch yesterday at Juicy's Hamburger here in Longview and i kept listening in on the table next to us, younger guy and three olds, because they kept talking about Texas baseball. The younger guy said he played for Texas and mentioned players i recognized. My first thought was "who's this bench warmer sitting next to me" cause i didn't recognize this guy to save my life. I never could figure it out and when i was leaving i couldn't find a spot to ask him who he was (he was done eating). Get on my phone and start searching and i ask my friend "is this him?" She says yes and she remembered one of them saying his name. Well i'll be damned if it wasn't Cole Green sitting there in little ol Longview with his dad and two others i didn't know. He had a beard and i hadn't seen a pic of him since 2011 so it threw me off. 

Kick myself for not asking who he was. Would've been nice to tell him what a badass i thought he was during his years here. 

Anyway, that's my useless fucking story for the day. 

• Like 1

Athletic Director Chris Del Conte said that jurisdiction regarding tailgating on the East Campus Garage rests with the facilities people, not him.  He said that he was told that they had structural concerns about 100 or so people concentrating so close to an exterior wall and he joke about their lack of concerns about the vehicles somewhat similarly concentrated nearby.  He pointed out that at this time there is  adequate surface level tailgating space just north of the baseball stadium.  He also said that the parking permit issued for the East Campus Garage is also valid for the surface parking lots North East of the stadium until UT closes those lots for construction of the Graduate Student Housing project. It was evident that Del Conte considers the issue of tailgating at the East Campus Garage a closed issue.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

Roster down to 36.     Suppose that is ok with Hamilton ?    

Following players were cut.     Best of luck to them.

Tanner Haney, INF (Todd's son),  Alec Carr, INF,  Turner Gauntt, C,  Bennet Inoff, P,  Michael Streitman, P,  Greyson Lembcke, INF, Jonny Petsch, P

Gauntt and Streitman were with the team last year but redshirted.    Carr was a SS,  too bad he could not play first because he would have brought power hitting to the position.  He was one of Pierce's first recruits but missed his senior year due to injury.   Probably the most questionable of those cut.   They sent Gauntt to Santa Barbara last Summer but chose to keep Caston Peter (Freshman) as the third catcher.  Someone posted last year a good review of Caston Peter.   Gauntt lacks the power and size Pierce covets and adjusts the team and field as necessary.   

Edit:    Carr acutally transferred to Wharton but semantics.

Edited by torre
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, torre said:

Carr was a SS,  too bad he could not play first because he would have brought power hitting to the position.  He was one of Pierce's first recruits but missed his senior year due to injury.   Probably the most questionable of those cut.

Alec Carr has already transferred out of the program and is currently playing at a JUCO.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, torre said:

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

Roster down to 36.     Suppose that is ok with Hamilton ?    

Following players were cut.     Best of luck to them.

Tanner Haney, INF (Todd's son),  Alec Carr, INF,  Turner Gauntt, C,  Bennet Inoff, P,  Michael Streitman, P,  Greyson Lembcke, INF, Jonny Petsch, P

Gauntt and Streitman were with the team last year but redshirted.    Carr was a SS,  too bad he could not play first because he would have brought power hitting to the position.  He was one of Pierce's first recruits but missed his senior year due to injury.   Probably the most questionable of those cut.   They sent Gauntt to Santa Barbara last Summer but chose to keep Caston Peter (Freshman) as the third catcher.  Someone posted last year a good review of Caston Peter.   Gauntt lacks the power and size Pierce covets and adjusts the team and field as necessary.   

Edit:    Carr acutally transferred to Wharton but semantics.

I assume they are redshirting Hamilton so he does not count towards the 35 man roster