20 Texas A&M 11-2 4-1 NR
21 Baylor 9-2 2-2 15
22 NC State 11-0 4-0 NR
23 TCU 6-4 1-2 18
24 South Carolina 9-2 3-1 NR
25 Tennessee 12-0 5-0 NR

Dropped out: Oklahoma State, Clemson, Cal State Fullerton, Illinois

D-1 Ranking poll  3/4/19

I know these rankings mean nothing at this point, but it's funny they slid LSU right behind us, as if we didn't dominate two of the three games.  We swept the #1 or 2 SECSEC team and get rewarded by being put behind 5 other SECSEC teams.

Stanford is solidly in Top 10 in all polls. I think Tech is up there as well when they come here in ~2 weeks time.  Arkansas should be comfortably Top 15/10 as well.  TCU will be ranked somewhere.  That'll be FIVE multi-game series with ranked opponents, mostly Top 10 over the course of the month of March.  I know we don't always put much stock in early season rankings in this game we love, but c'mon...that's just filthy.  Not even the SEC does shit like that.  And we're playing very well to start that gauntlet.  And also, A&M molests animals.  

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Stanford is solidly in Top 10 in all polls. I think Tech is up there as well when they come here in ~2 weeks time.  Arkansas should be comfortably Top 15/10 as well.  TCU will be ranked somewhere.  That'll be FIVE multi-game series with ranked opponents, mostly Top 10 over the course of the month of March.  I know we don't always put much stock in early season rankings in this game we love, but c'mon...that's just filthy.  Not even the SEC does shit like that.  And we're playing very well to start that gauntlet.  And also, A&M molests animals.  

Won't someone please think of the sheep?

Defense will definitely get better over time. If it doesn’t get better by tech or immediately after then I will be worried.   Dj hasn’t played catcher, first base is kind of a yuky situation and most of our errors have centered around freshmen.

Every time we were put in a hole from errors, our bats are able to make up the ground lost. This might change with Stanford because I believe they are a true top team unlike LSU and if that’s the case then I’m perfectly happy with the trajectory of this team. We have to remember that this team is REALLY young and other young teams don’t have nearly as much production as we do from freshmen. 

1 hour ago, Horny Bull said:

Interesting. Younger arms probably passed him up. 

Not sure what happened after his Sophomore year. Went from a great closer to you couldn't even pitch him his JR year. I thought he showed some signs of life against Rice earlier this season. 

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yep.  Our last few trips out there have NOT been good.

Pierce has them believing, not quitting, performing, evidenced by:

• The Sunday comeback  (used to be a staple under Gus, it was never over till the last out)
  • The many 2 out hits for RBI  
  • The stellar relief pitching.(these guys are really fucking good shutting the door)
  • etc, etc

This team is ready for the continued gauntlet as long as they stay with their relaxed intensity clutch play going forward.  The talented youth combined with the salty veterans has meshed up nicely by Pierce and company.  

Believe.  🤘

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Is the Stanford series going to be televised?

Doesn’t look like it. PAC-12 Network doesn’t have it listed all weekend, & this is what you get when you click on the ‘Watch’ link from their schedule page. 

https://pac-12.com/live/stanford-university

I assume that would be pay if it’s even available. Upcoming schedule from that link... 

https://pac-12.com/sports/schedule/network/all-pac12

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

I thought it might be a little early to start the Stanford thread; so I’ll put this post that I stumbled upon here instead. 

Seems a bit rough to knock Fullerton out of the ratings after playing top notch Stanford.  Although I didn't see the games nor know anything about the performances except Stanford won them, I believe.

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Interesting. Younger arms probably passed him up. 

Not sure what happened after his Sophomore year. Went from a great closer to you couldn't even pitch him his JR year. I thought he showed some signs of life against Rice earlier this season. 

He used to hit every spot with every pitch and was not a strike out pitcher but no hitter really squared him up. Last year he worked on his strength and velocity, picked up some mph but lost his pinpoint accuracy and got squared up from day 1. Went from being a very good college pitcher to losing all confidence in what made him one of our best. Tough to blame him, he was trying to become a pro prospect and shattered his confidence in the process.

5 hours ago, zlavydra said:

Done with baseball or just a change of scenery?

From AAS below  (excerpt).    A wild guess only,   Beau may, repeat may, have been told he would not be traveling to Stanford.   Not sure, but I think there are roster limits. 

We have 17 pitchers on the staff which is half of the roster.   Tech (18) TCU (12) OkSt (12) OU (15)

Regardless,  not a good look for a Senior to leave the team after 13 games.   Beau is an outstanding young man -  best of luck to him.

Senior Beau Ridgeway, who was once one of the Big 12’s top relievers, has left Texas’ baseball program.

Texas announced on Monday that Ridgeway and head coach David Pierce had come to a “mutual agreement” about the player’s exit. Ridgeway is now “focusing on graduating and his future post-college.” Ridgeway’s name and biography have been removed from UT’s online roster.

https://www.hookem.com/2019/03/04/after-a-mutual-agreement-texas-parts-way-with-former-closer-beau-ridgeway/

Edited by torre

43 minutes ago, torre said:

From AAS below  (excerpt).    A wild guess only,   Beau may, repeat may, have been told he would not be traveling to Stanford.   Not sure, but I think there are roster limits. 

We have 17 pitchers on the staff which is half of the roster.   Tech (18) TCU (12) OkSt (12) OU (15)

Regardless,  not a good look for a Senior to leave the team after 13 games.   Beau is an outstanding young man -  best of luck to him.

Senior Beau Ridgeway, who was once one of the Big 12’s top relievers, has left Texas’ baseball program.

Texas announced on Monday that Ridgeway and head coach David Pierce had come to a “mutual agreement” about the player’s exit. Ridgeway is now “focusing on graduating and his future post-college.” Ridgeway’s name and biography have been removed from UT’s online roster.

https://www.hookem.com/2019/03/04/after-a-mutual-agreement-texas-parts-way-with-former-closer-beau-ridgeway/

Not a good look for who?

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

OB also said the same about him not traveling. 

I don't know the rules about roster limits but the broadcasters this weekend said something about the rosters shrinking during conference play. Maybe that was just specific to road games. Not sure. 

I'm guessing that was in play here. With all the young arms Ridgeway might have struggled to even make the traveling roster 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

Not a good look for who?

Yeah, I don't get that comment. 

1) Pierce is justified in prioritizing the young arms. They are the future and Ridgeway has struggled for over a year. 

2) I don't really mind Ridgeway bouncing either. If he's not on the traveling roster as a SR hard to be mad at a guy that starts looking to the future. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chase25 said:

Not a good look for who?

Just not good for any player to leave the team.     It is not good, imo,  that Beau could not accept his role and the coaches could not  convince him otherwise.

Especially a Senior in his final year of college baseball - it means a lot,  trust me.

13 minutes ago, torre said:

Just not good for any player to leave the team.     It is not good, imo,  that Beau could not accept his role and the coaches could not  convince him otherwise.

Especially a Senior in his final year of college baseball - it means a lot,  trust me.

What texasstrong12 said. Beau didn't have a role, he has struggled to simply record outs for going on over a season now. Beau is a good kid that saw the writing on the wall, his baseball career was going to be over whether he stayed on the team or not. I imagine the coaches didn't try and do any convincing, they told him he wasn't traveling to Stanford, you make it sound like the staff was begging a good arm to stay. Beau could have stayed but the writing on the wall doesn't get any clearer than telling a Senior he won't be traveling on the road with the team because they don't have a spot for him.

Him leaving doesn't mean much of anything other than everybody isn't destined to be a great baseball player, wish him the best.

51 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Roster on the website still shows 35 without Ridgeway so they must have added someone.  Burbank?

If not mistaken,  previous roster had 36 which included Hamilton who does not count against roster as I understand.