Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

I can’t think of one.
Dome World Series off my dome

Minny - St Louis
Blue jays - Braves
Blue jays - Philly
Minny - Braves
Sneks- yanks
Stros- white Sox
Stros - La
Stros - wash
Stros - Philly

Missed Tampa - Philly
Stros - Braves
Not counting 2020 in our place.

Nope, never had an all-dome World Series

3 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
19 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:
Those numbers ain’t right.  The rangers have 158 wins over the past 2 seasons 

That's the prior 2 full seasons, 2021 and 2022.

Ahhh.  Didn’t see that.  when it said “last two years” I’m thinking this season and last season. Should read “prior two seasons”  I stand corrected 

Edited by Trey3216

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Jesus, I thought you were trying to be funny. That's even worse. 

Except the way I stated is how baseball, or any sport has always been described.  “The last two seasons”  or “over the last two seasons” means this year and the prior seasons.  

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Anyone with a non-Waco brain would deduce that's how fucking awful the two WS teams were prior to this season, but whatever. 

Anyone that’s ever read a graph with fucking dated context would deduce that it’s a shitty graph with shitty verbiage.  And it’s well documented how shitty they both were prior to this season, which is why it should say “Prior two seasons”.   

but go ahead thread police boi.    Be a fucktard all you want 

• Hook 'Em 1

Relax Waco, we know Baseball-Reference is new to some, it's okay you couldn't figure it out. 

Moving on, their park is pretty damn big. 
F9QdT0bWQAAA-T3?format=jpg&name=medium

It’s also downtown, or what suffices for downtown in Phoenix, like a ballpark should be. Do they still have the swimming pool in the OF?

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

It’s also downtown, or what suffices for downtown in Phoenix, like a ballpark should be. Do they still have the swimming pool in the OF?

It's really one of my favorite ballparks.  And I don't really have a great reason for that.  Maybe it's just that the air conditioning is so damned welcome after being outside for more than 30 seconds in the summer on Phoenix. 

But yeah--the location is good; the sightlines are actually really good; the outfield is kind of set up in a way that you can almost fool yourself into forgetting that you're in a dome.

9 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

If you did a parlay for $100….$183,500 

9 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

1750-1

That doesn't seem right. The opening odds in late February had us +4500 - +5000 and Arizona +10000. The parlay for that should be ~4500 to 1 - not 1750. 

Maybe they don't let you straight parlay long odds futures like that - but 4500 to 1 is a better reflection of the actual odds of it happening according to Vegas. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That doesn't seem right. The opening odds in late February had us +4500 - +5000 and Arizona +10000. The parlay for that should be ~4500 to 1 - not 1750. 

Maybe they don't let you straight parlay long odds futures like that - but 4500 to 1 is a better reflection of the actual odds of it happening according to Vegas. 

I saw some odds at +5000 (Ari) and +3500(Tex), so that's what I calculated.  

I was cleaning out a bunch of old junk and I just found this old print from one of the few Rangers games I was able to photograph. I wish I could remember the year I'm gonna have to try to find the negative and see if I can get a decent scan of it. 

kennyprint.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I was cleaning out a bunch of old junk and I just found this old print from one of the few Rangers games I was able to photograph. I wish I could remember the year I'm gonna have to try to find the negative and see if I can get a decent scan of it. 

kennyprint.jpg

Since that game is at Arlington Stadium, and that pretty damn sure looks like Benji Gil playing short, it would have to have been later in the '93 season.   

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 10:50 PM, Constant said:

IMG_5461.thumb.jpeg.7d404cfb34a640e9659058cc5c35ae00.jpeg
Had the opportunity to meet my childhood idol Kenny Rogers this summer. I can’t help but feel it’s all tied together. Love this fucking team for life. 

We need our boy @Constant to send that pic to his middle man, maybe Kenny can solve the riddle for us. 

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Think that's earlier than '93, Kenny was cleaned up on all his baseball cards that year. Benji wore #22 in '93, that looks like a single-digit. 

Very well could be.  Maybe '90-91ish (obviously Gil didn't get there til late '93) and the person is so fuzzy it's hard to tell.  Just positing a guess. 

i think that's 1993, that's the arlington stadium patch on kenny's left arm we wore that year before we moved into the temple. at first glance i didn't think that was benji gil, thought it was mario diaz. but mario diaz in person is quite short which leads me to think that's benji though i remember him being skinnier at that point of his career.  

• Like 1

The bunting on the OF wall made me think it might be a 4th of July game, in which case, it would most likely be 1991.  Kenny didn't start but did pitch in relief.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX199107040.shtml

I think soda's take on the patch is correct, so 1993, but not the 4th, as we were on the road in Detroit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

That is a late sun. Arlington stadium was orientated the same as the Temple. Sun set perpendicular(ish) to first base line.

Yep.  And it wasn't nearly as tall.  A 7:05 start in June would still have the pitcher in the sun early on the game.  

Edited by Trey3216