Tucker

McCormick

Alvarez 

Bregman

Peña

Abreu

Diaz

Julks

That would be my lineup today unless Framber insists on Maldonado then swap him with Julks or Diaz depending on if you definitely want Yordan to stay out of the field for now.

2 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Hahaha calvary

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Pena has no business hitting #2. Worst line up decision of the year 

I’d agree but putting him ahead of tucker the way he’s going right now is not an oversight and one of the better decisions by Dusty recently.

He’ll have at least 2 hits tonight

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s producing in the bottom half of the line up. Let it ride

Very soon, there will be no breaks in this line up 

Are there trade rumors of them getting someone worth a shit to replace Julks/Meyers in the lineup? Is Baker going to stop playing jugbutted fatass and his fucking .550 OPS in the lineup every 4 out of 5 days? If neither of these issues go away, there will continue to be at least 2 breaks in every lineup. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I’d agree but putting him ahead of tucker the way he’s going right now is not an oversight and one of the better decisions by Dusty recently.

He’ll have at least 2 hits tonight

Pena is up there blindly swinging / guessing. Go watch his last month. He’s fixable but he hasn’t found it yet. Hopefully they throw him more strikes tonight but the breaking stuff has been killing him

Edited by tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Pena is up there blindly swinging / guessing. Go watch his last month. He’s fixable but he hasn’t found it yet. Hopefully they throw him more strikes tonight but the breaking stuff has been killing him

he also wasn't batting 2nd in front of what should be Yordan....this isn't hard.  All the statistical evidence proves he should be hitting 2nd (especially in front of Yordan) 

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are there trade rumors of them getting someone worth a shit to replace Julks/Meyers in the lineup? Is Baker going to stop playing jugbutted fatass and his fucking .550 OPS in the lineup every 4 out of 5 days? If neither of these issues go away, there will continue to be at least 2 breaks in every lineup. 

Myers is not that bad when performing and whether people like it or not they clearly see value in Maldonado as prime backstop and tutor to Diaz.

Remember that people were ready to bail on JP3 3/4 into one season before he got hot at the right time. Not even August yet.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I'm guessing/hoping this is a nod to how well Tucker has been doing and things will go back to normal in a couple of games.

Yeah, I’d lose my shit if I’m tucker, carried the team on my back without Altuve and Yordan, and real shot at POM and automatically get bumped down to 5th 

especially after having to hit 5th behind early season trash Abreu 34 games in the first  2 months 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Myers is not that bad when performing and whether people like it or not they clearly see value in Maldonado as prime backstop and tutor to Diaz.

Remember that people were ready to bail on JP3 3/4 into one season before he got hot at the right time. Not even August yet.

I don't know what "Meyers is not that bad when performing" means. He's been around long enough for it to be obvious whether he's going to get it done, or not. 

As to Maldonado, at this point, there is no defense for playing him. "The pitchers want him out there" or "he's a culture fit" or "he does so many of the little things" are all intangible platitudes spoken by the baseball equivalent of flat earthers. He's a negative WAR player. He's not even marginally valuable in a fringe kind of way. He sucks behind the plate, he sucks calling a game, he's dead weight offensively, and he's no longer throwing guys out to any great value. If the pitchers feel like they need him out there, give them a fucking rabbit foot to keep in their pocket and let them rub his head when leaving the dugout each inning. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't know what "Meyers is not that bad when performing" means. He's been around long enough for it to be obvious whether he's going to get it done, or not. 

As to Maldonado, at this point, there is no defense for playing him. "The pitchers want him out there" or "he's a culture fit" or "he does so many of the little things" are all intangible platitudes spoken by the baseball equivalent of flat earthers. He's a negative WAR player. He's not even marginally valuable in a fringe kind of way. He sucks behind the plate, he sucks calling a game, he's dead weight offensively, and he's no longer throwing guys out to any great value. If the pitchers feel like they need him out there, give them a fucking rabbit foot to keep in their pocket and let them rub his head when leaving the dugout each inning. 

I agree re: Maldy, but, I make an exception for Framber starts. Given that so much of his success depends on him being in a proper mindset, if Maldy helps him get there, so be it. Playing 1 out of every 5 games would be a perfect workload for Maldy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I agree re: Maldy, but, I make an exception for Framber starts. Given that so much of his success depends on him being in a proper mindset, if Maldy helps him get there, so be it. Playing 1 out of every 5 games would be a perfect workload for Maldy. 

Works for me if it does Valdez. Maldonado's lack of offense is also (theoretically) easier to get around when he's catching your ace.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I like your style....

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I wouldn't have a thing to say if the dude was playing every 5th game. As an everyday player at this point, he's an indefensible sack of shit on the field, even if he's a heck of a clubhouse guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

This is the way

plenty of great pitchers have had trash catchers as their “personal catcher” and it’s fine if that’s his role for Framber.

But no reason for him to be catching guys like France or Brown

they can get plenty of the “veteran presence” in film study/ pregame prep and let Diaz handle calling the gameplan 

Edited by UTexasFight

Is Framber going into the fetal position next year when Diaz is the primary catcher? There is no reason Maldonado should play more than 5 games the rest of the season.

We still need a bat to replace Julks/Meyers. When Pena is the worst hitter in the lineup, the Astros have a WS caliber lineup.

Edited by HtownHorn

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think it should be pretty well established that nobody in the world hates Maldonado more than me and nobody in the world likes Diaz more than me.  You care completely correct with this train of thought as to how things ought to be handled.  However- it's luncacy to play a catcher more than about 120 games.  Maldonado should be the catcher for Framber and should catch some day games after night games occasionally so that Diaz gets 35 games off a year not squatting behind home plate. Now, most of those days Diaz should be the DH.  I mean, I don't expect Dusty to unfuck the lineup starting Friday or anything but I'm going to hold my fire on freaking the fuck out for one more day to see if this is a Framber thing or not (narrator voice- it wasn't a Framber thing).