2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I just saw the Dusty presser.

The very first person he decided to credit with a good game? Any hints?

Yep.  His butt boy Maldy.

The reporter actually had to bring up Altuve's name just to get him to say anything about Altuve.

I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up tomorrow morning and found out that Yainer Diaz has been DFA'd

Dusty really hates Diaz.  I truly believe that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 5

5 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

I knew the list had to be short.
Orale, Tuve. 

IMG_0737.jpeg

Mike Cameron.....

OIP.fCs14i0Ic5riZfX9pDrQ_wHaFi?pid=ImgDe

I remember watching the highlights of that 4 HR game on SportsCenter.

Peak early aughts. 

You GenZ'ers don't even know.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not only that, she was a national championship pom squad member.

I was a sophomore at the time. I was friendly with 3 of them in that picture. Two Tri Delts and a DG. I took the DG to dinner once, but was unable to close. Story of my life. 

I didn’t know Julia. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Commentators…… 5 ️ humor 

That’s hilarious. The internet is saying those same commentators went on a tangent wondering aloud if the Rangers had just faked 120 well played games. Haven’t found the audio yet but need to

Edited by 936horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I know this is going to be very controversial, but here's my scorecard for tonight:

x      x         x

4, 16, 7, 3, 9, 5, 10, 6, 15

13, 2, 11, 8, 12, 1, 14

know this is going to be very controversial, but here's my scorecard for tonight:

All Of Them GIF by MOODMAN

And in their current state at that. 

I would fuck a dead longhorn to win another national championship.

Serious Season 6 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Added bonus for the pom girls though. My tastes have skewed to Milf. So I have that going for me.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

Some of y'all didn't learn shit the last time we all felt great and were giving each other high fives and reach arounds...

Have you ding-dongs not looked at the upcoming schedule? We're playing a weekend series against the wayward Padres IN HOUSTON while the Mariners travel to Tampa for three and the Rangers get to playOakland at home.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Some of y'all didn't learn shit the last time we all felt great and were giving each other high fives and reach arounds...

Have you ding-dongs not looked at the upcoming schedule? We're playing a weekend series against the wayward Padres IN HOUSTON while the Mariners travel to Tampa for three and the Rangers get to playOakland at home.

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

image.png.ce6959a4b942b01a2cf1b1040f80d9f8.png

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

How's this:

I’m annoyed at Pressly for that shit he pulled in the first game in Detroit which is the only thing preventing us from currently being on a 10 game road winning streak.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

circling back...

1. altuve is the greatest astro of all time already.  better than biggio and bagwell.  yes, already.  postseason homers > career war.  but he'll get where he needs to with career war, unless helo is right and he's slowing down and about to fall off a cliff.

2. "would he make the hall of fame right now" is a ridiculous question rooted in confusion.  if he retired at the end of this season, said it's been fun, but he wants to go build houses in venezuela, he would get elected to the hof, though there would be some drama because of the limited number of years removed from what is seen as a "tainted" season.  straight performance-wise, he's in.  guys with short careers don't have to hit big counting numbers, they just need to show their excellence during their career, which jose has already done.  reference the postseason homers again.  kirby puckett is a good recent comp here.  koufax is an older one, but he was one of the best to ever do it.

*now if the question is "are his numbers good enough right now to get him in during a full career where he plays until he's 38-40 years old?"  well that's a different question not based in reality.  sure, if he plays another 6-7 seasons and hits .210 every year with 6 bombs and 33 rbi and becomes an anchor on the team, yeah, he's probably not a hall-of-famer.  but that's not what the question is.  when people say, "has he already done enough and is he a hall-of-famer", the presumption is that he'll continue his pace with the usual human decline, and retire when great players retire.  if that's what happens, he's a hall-of-famer.  and the greatest astro of all time.

he's the leader of the unquestioned golden-age astros dynasty.  come on, people.  do better.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1