2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

It would have been close at home even running on contact. 

Yeah but a hit and run there with a high chopper to 2nd I think thats close to a 50/50 chance of scoring as opposed to a 25-30% chance the next batter gets a 2 out base hit. I would take my chances on the former.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Dusty Baker with a Master Class on how to fuck a lead late twice. To everyone that thinks managers don't matter, I present to you tonight's evidence from one of the fucking dumbest managers in the history of baseball.

Devil's advocate: what was he supposed to do about the top of the 9th?

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Fuck. 
The one guy that keeps getting a pass everywhere is Dana Brown. He didn’t do much of anything to improve this team all year. Especially the bullpen. Graveman and a bunch of waiver claims.  We have 3 and 4 time DFA rejects in our pen. Guys we never even heard of are pitching for a championship team in a pennant race. Ridiculous. And we wonder why the three or four guys we could depend on are breaking down. 

That's on the fucking manager for overusing them in the 1st half. Brown went out got Verlander. That should have been enough, but your manager thinks he knows every single fucking thing about baseball, and he fucking doesn't. Not to mention Baker is higher on the org chart currently than Dana Brown. I am sure if Dana knew what he knows now, he wouldn't have taken the job, unless he got full control of baseball ops.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That's on the fucking manager for overusing them in the 1st half. Brown went out got Verlander. That should have been enough, but your manager thinks he knows every single fucking thing about baseball, and he fucking doesn't. Not to mention Baker is higher on the org chart currently than Dana Brown. I am sure if Dana knew what he knows now, he wouldn't have taken the job, unless he got full control of baseball ops.

I think Presley is pretty well rested

7 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Run Neris out there instead of Montero and I don't think Pressly would have blown it in the 9th. Couldn't understand it then and certainly not now. 

Yep.

I keep coming back to that game being lost when the decision was made for some stupid reason to go with Montero, Neris, Pressly instead of Neris, Abreu, Pressly against the best team in the league. 

Can’t have Abreu throwing the night after throwing 10 pitches the day before.

And so it dominoes and we’re up against it tomorrow since Pressly is for sure out for tomorrow and Neris (24 pitches) likely too.

So we’ll be relying on Maton and Graveman to get it to Abreu in the 9th if Brown manages to keep us in the game.

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, runthebone said:

6.23 post All Star Break, not that anyone is counting.*

* Meaning Dusty Baker

He’s given up 2 runs all year with Diaz catching. His cunt of a mother is on social media sayjng he needs to pitch to Maldonado. 
I hate this fucking team (other than you Brown and France- y’all are cool) and apparently their parents as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

That game last night was a kick in the balls but fact of the matter is if the Astros treat the A’s and Royals the way they should have, then the lead is around 4 and that game was just a good game with the #1 seed and shit happens. But as it is, it’s just another pile of suck on top of a two week mountain of suck. This trend…I do not like.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Dusty Baker with a Master Class on how to fuck a lead late twice. To everyone that thinks managers don't matter, I present to you tonight's evidence from one of the fucking dumbest managers in the history of baseball.

How should he have covered the 7th, 8th, and 9th?