2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

As much as I hate dusty, can’t pin this one on him really. Just shit pitching, not easy to win games when you give up 4 home runs. 
but the failure of this season falls squarely in his lap. He’ll be a case study on how to not to end your career… could have gone out on top. Instead he goes out in disgrace… deservedly so. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Not to pick on Dubon because every single player has given something similar, but these types of quotes are seriously pissing me off.

For weeks now, every single person in that clubhouse has insinuated that we will eventually figure it out, and that starts at the top.  

(Also, I'd love it if Dana Brown never spoke publicly again as he is the worst culprit of this mindset.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I've had this internal battle going on for months. It started with my admission that we're not quite good enough as currently constructed or managed. Thus, on the assumption we're not winning the WS, I'm strictly looking to 2024 and beyond.

While the fan part of me naturally hopes we rally and get in as a WC, giving ourselves a chance at redemption, the bigger part of me wants to minimize the chance Baker returns. I'm just trying to figure out what would push Crane's trigger on that. If you tell me Baker's out regardless, go make the playoffs and see what happens. If you tell me he's returning regardless, same thing. But if you tell me only a continued tailspin guaranteed Baker will get the boot, I'm OK with losing every remaining game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Rangers effectively wrapped up the division. Houston v. Seattle for the 6 seed starting tomorrow

Ehh

not exactly when we have the tiebreaker.

But do need the angels to do a solid and take this series while we take take the series in Seattle.

All hell breaking loose would be something like M’s finish 5-2, Astros 4-2, rangers 2-5: 3 way tie with each team holding a tiebreaker over another.

7 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

We've had so many losses by 1-2 runs where we came out in the 9th and put men on base and never brought them home. I think we've only had either 3 or 4 walk-offs all season and have been absolutely atrocious in extra innings. From 2017-2022 you just assumed that the big hit was coming exactly when needed. Now it feels like the opposite.

Screw getting the big hit, lately we can't seem to get the routine hit. We've had innings this weekend where we managed to strand Tucker after a leadoff triple or failed to advance a runner after starting with 2 straight walks.

Quoting myself, but....1-10 today with RISP. 8-53 in our last 61 AB with RISP. The go-ahead 2B to the gap or the majestic walk-off shot jus t doesn't happen this year. When we win games, it's because we've had a lead from the start. We pretty much only win when we hold a lead. Otherwise, it's Casey at the Bat. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Quoting myself, but....1-10 today with RISP. 8-53 in our last 61 AB with RISP. The go-ahead 2B to the gap or the majestic walk-off shot jus t doesn't happen this year. When we win games, it's because we've had a lead from the start. We pretty much only win when we hold a lead. Otherwise, it's Casey at the Bat. 

Unclutched City !

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not to pick on Dubon because every single player has given something similar, but these types of quotes are seriously pissing me off.

For weeks now, every single person in that clubhouse has insinuated that we will eventually figure it out, and that starts at the top.  

(Also, I'd love it if Dana Brown never spoke publicly again as he is the worst culprit of this mindset.)

Yep and I feel like 99% of our fanbase(even some here) think the same way. And tbh I get it. We have figured it out the last 7 years and I think in our head we think “ok they’ll win out and make the playoffs and get hot and make the WS again”. But I believe my eyes way more than my fantasy brain of hope. This current team is not even on the same stratosphere as previous teams and I think these guys know that and are just saying whatever at this point.  

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What would you like him to say to the media? It's nothing. 

Hell, I want them to believe that the org and the process and the team will pull out of it because of who they are. I'm 100% sure he wasn't referring to simple geography. 

7 minutes ago, Slacks said:

What would you like him to say to the media? It's nothing. 

Hell, I want them to believe that the org and the process and the team will pull out of it because of who they are. I'm 100% sure he wasn't referring to simple geography. 

98% of the surly thread wants a player to openly question their manager 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

If anyone wants a presale code for postseason tickets I will have one for tomorrow morning at 11am lulz.   I already made up my mind a month ago this would be the first season since we started the run that I wouldn't be going to any of the playoff games.  (none of us may be going to any at this point)

Edited by Scraps
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

If anyone wants a presale code for postseason tickets I will have one for tomorrow morning at 11am lulz.   I already made up my mind a month ago this would be the first season since we started the run that I wouldn't be going to any of the playoff games.  (none of us may be going to any at this point)

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Haha 8
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/23/2023 at 6:24 PM, Scraps said:

Like 10 years ago i did random grab bag of autographed ball at Astros game.

I got Jordan Lyles.

/cool story bro

So i am going to be in KC friday night so going to the Royals/Yankees game to get laughed at.  They are doing a promo for kids gloves or something where you buy 2 tickets and you get an autographed baseball from a current Royals player.  It is literally like $35 more than what the tickets would cost, so trying to help donate I went ahead and bought this package.  

How much does someone want to bet I get fucking Jordan Lyles again? 

• Haha 1

We don’t wallow much at all in negativity and talk instead about what we need to do to bring it home and make the playoffs. Plus a bit about baseballs unwritten rules of teams that are out of it playing hard down the stretch and what that means for the final week of the year. 

Spotify:
https://spotify.link/MROnkDwSnDb

Apple:

Amazon:
https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8...s-podcast?ref=dm_sh_DmPUyZTMFMFbWzRX0up8EICfC

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

So i am going to be in KC friday night so going to the Royals/Yankees game to get laughed at.  They are doing a promo for kids gloves or something where you buy 2 tickets and you get an autographed baseball from a current Royals player.  It is literally like $35 more than what the tickets would cost, so trying to help donate I went ahead and bought this package.  

How much does someone want to bet I get fucking Jordan Lyles again? 

maybe you’ll bump into Taylor swift