2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

42 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You could get very rich betting against the Astros on reviews.  That home run getting overturned was the worst one in a long time.  It was clearly a homer.

this.

now that we had a night to sleep on it, how was that not a HR?   

1.) the rbi machine drills ball to cf

2.) ball hits yellow line

3.) ump gives HR signal

4.) all three runners cross home plate

5.) HR call challenged

6.) HR call overturned

7.) Astros get two runs, man on second

assuming the hit was NOT a HR, was abreu returned to second because the ump called HR?

why didn't they just let the play follow its natural course, where the ball hit off the wall and abreu would have scored anyway? an inside the park HR?

yes i'm an idiot. 

explain

Edited by Shaggy3.0

Ball hit line and came back into fair territory, play it live. It hits above line, or hits line and goes over fence its a HR.

The ump signaled HR which caused the play to continue as a HR jog around the bases for Abreu. After review I'm guessing the umps figured you can't assume a triple or inside the park Homer and gave him a ground rule double....sorta like why there's no ground rule triples, or ground rule HRs. 

That said I'm glad they gave the 2 runs to us and not allowed the guy on 1 to be put back and 3 resulting in 2nd and 3rd, 1 run in, with 2 outs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Ball hit line and came back into fair territory, play it live. It hits above line, or hits line and goes over fence its a HR.

The ump signaled HR which caused the play to continue as a HR jog around the bases for Abreu. After review I'm guessing the umps figured you can't assume a triple or inside the park Homer and gave him a ground rule double....sorta like why there's no ground rule triples, or ground rule HRs. 

That said I'm glad they gave the 2 runs to us and not allowed the guy on 1 to be put back and 3 resulting in 2nd and 3rd, 1 run in, with 2 outs. 

All of this.

Replay made the right call.

the biggest thing was ruling tucker would have scored from first.

if Abreu had been busting it out of the box they probably would have given him third 

4 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

I’m not a mathmagician, but I think Toronto losing is bad for our draw. We want either the 2 seed or 6 seed. If Tor loses, we could end up in the 5 and need to go thru TB and then BAL.

but at the end of the day, just win, and forget the rest of the noise. 

First priority is making the tournament, which is still in doubt 

19 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

It’s like y’all haven’t figured out these guys play better against better competition and in bigger moments. Just get in and win, baby. 

This should be bumped. 

This is why I truly believe we will not just squeak into the playoffs. We will return to form. 

And fucking win it all, baby!

Sure, they’re going to do stupid shit every now and then tonight and tomorrow, and I will post accordingly for such dumbassery.

Case in point. I don’t want to see that fat fucking Singletary address the plate at any time tonight. Not even for Maldy. 

So yeah. I fully expect to be disgusted at something tonight (See: Jeremy Pena. See: Jose Abreu)

But we are going to fucking win it all.

And Matress Mack gonna have to pay me back for my king size tempurpedic. (jk)

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Got my charity night bag delivered and the random Astros HOF signed ball in my bag….is non other than  our favorite off-season GM.

E895E26A-DA54-462F-89A7-039B8451B3AD.thumb.jpeg.0b2232fafa6be62334892d8f06db121d.jpeg

I got Nolan’s a few years ago, so pretty happy to get an Astros HOF and MLB HOFer 

Does the ball smell like stale whiskey?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We have two games left and people are still bitching like maldy isn’t gonna start? All playoffs too so I’m looking forward to the bitch posts like they’re shocked it’s happening. 

It isn't shocking, it's frustrating.

Skipper's paid to win games...he's cutting it close AF this season, and some games have felt like a bullheaded line-up card was put out there just to show the world who is boss.  It's preventable.

4 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Does the ball smell like stale whiskey?

Oh shit. I didn’t know he publicly said he had a drinking problem.  

I apologize for comment, Baggy. I sincerely do. 

Keep up the good fight. Thanks for being open and honest about struggle. Little kids need to hear it and be scared. 

Edited by Overlord

38 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I keep seeing that the Astros will clinch a playoff berth with a win tonight but, after looking at the standings, I’m not understanding that. Someone give me the Cliff Notes

We’d either finish ahead of the M’s or tie the rangers, No?

B39EC088-13AE-455C-977F-B0FB064E2A5F.jpeg

Edited by UTexasFight
Edit: see the 6th row