2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

These fucking umps tonight I swear to god.

The HPU favored his left side of the plate( the pitcher's right) by about 2-3 inches at times.  Scherzer used it more, which is a credit to Max.  Automation cannot get here soon enough.

Check swings should be reviewable.

Fuck the human element.  I want accuracy.  HPUs fuck up way too many ABs.

In ALCS game 3, umpire James Hoye (ranked 54th of 92) called strikes on 8 pitches outside the zone and they all went against the Astros.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Dubon needs to start tomorrow. 

I appreciated the break from Chas' lack of pitch awareness/ situational hitting. Meatloaf has turned into Meathead with a stick.

Combine that with Maldy's results at the plate and last night's game was a big fuck you from Dusty for lineup bitchers, of whom I am absolutely one.

Whatever it takes to get a W!!!

38 minutes ago, slorch said:

I appreciated the break from Chas' lack of pitch awareness/ situational hitting. Meatloaf has turned into Meathead with a stick.

Combine that with Maldy's results at the plate and last night's game was a big fuck you from Dusty for lineup bitchers, of whom I am absolutely one.

Whatever it takes to get a W!!!

the only acceptable fuck you from dusty is winning it all 

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Dumb.

I have no doubt most of the LatAm guys have a passable understanding of English and can make out what is being said. Turning that in to the ability to speak confidently in English in response to a question is an entirely different level. 

Yeah I thought this was known by everyone.  Why take the chance of being misunderstood in a second language or looking dumb or something like that when you can make damn sure you understand what's being asked and convey what needs to be conveyed.  It's pretty simple really. Can't believe anyone wouldn't get that.  

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Its not a jinx its reality of how tickets work lol

Been this way for years

ALSO NOTHING YOU GOOFS DO HAS ANY IMPACT ON A BASEBALL GAME.

Lol I know.  I was in a lottery for ALCS.  Just fukin w them.

I will say that I got out of my chair and set my hat on the kitchen counter to get something.  Immediately Jung hit another HR. I take full responsibility.  I went back to may assigned seat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah I thought this was known by everyone.  Why take the chance of being misunderstood in a second language or looking dumb or something like that when you can make damn sure you understand what's being asked and convey what needs to be conveyed.  It's pretty simple really. Can't believe anyone wouldn't get that.  

I bet Jeter is also at least average at his spanish proficiency, too (I don't know how you can possibly run a team in Miami that has to have significant international scouting resources otherwise), but he wasn't going to risk a screw-up while the cameras were on (you just know Arod would have been all over him about it). 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

The HPU favored his left side of the plate( the pitcher's right) by about 2-3 inches at times.  Scherzer used it more, which is a credit to Max.  Automation cannot get here soon enough.

Check swings should be reviewable.

Fuck the human element.  I want accuracy.  HPUs fuck up way too many ABs.

In ALCS game 3, umpire James Hoye (ranked 54th of 92) called strikes on 8 pitches outside the zone and they all went against the Astros.

We definitely took note of each...in real time. 

+1.
having gotten anything for my presale window that opened at 11am
Just got this

Due to a technical issue with Tickets.com, your World Series Presale has been postponed until Tomorrow, Friday, October 20th at 11:00am CT. Tomorrow morning, you will receive an email with your unique password and link to purchase up to 4 tickets to each potential home game for the WS. Tickets to all 4 WS games MUST be purchased in the same transaction. Please note that ticket availability is not guaranteed.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I like our chances in a possible game 7 against Scherzer/their bullpen.

it’s game 6 with Framber that scares you to death.

That’s fair. Win today and tomorrow so Framber can’t lose it for us in a game 6. 

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

IMG_1455.jpeg

Does this include the cushion umps get around the zone?  If it does, that called strike score is about as bad as they can get in a game.  Which seems right because calling strikes that are 3-6" out of the zone on both the outside and inside corners is up there with Angel at his worst.

Edited by kevwun

26 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

one of the great moments in astros history, no doubt, but a huge part of the drama. 

90% of non-astros baseball fans are still convinced he wore some sort of buzzer because of a series of fake tweets and because americans are generally violent morons.  if he doesn't make it into the hof on the first ballot, i will blow up cooperstown like a moron.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

one of the great moments in astros history, no doubt, but a huge part of the drama. 

90% of non-astros baseball fans are still convinced he wore some sort of buzzer because of a series of fake tweets and because americans are generally violent morons.  if he doesn't make it into the hof on the first ballot, i will blow up cooperstown like a moron.

TBF Altuve knew what pitch was coming…not because of a fucking buzzer, but because a two pitch pitcher couldn’t throw one of his pitches for a strike, and he had to have one. Every non-idiot (and some idiot fans - 🙋‍♂️) knew what the pitch was going to be.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

TBF Altuve knew what pitch was coming…not because of a fucking buzzer, but because a two pitch pitcher couldn’t throw one of his pitches for a strike, and he had to have one. Every non-idiot (and some idiot fans - 🙋‍♂️) knew what the pitch was going to be.

Same when Bregman almost had him this series

54 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if he doesn't make it into the hof on the first ballot, i will blow up cooperstown like a moron.

34 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well you better start planning

Yeah Altuve not getting in first ballot is 100% coming and it's 110% that fat faced fuck Jomboy's fault. If it wasn't in poor taste due to current world events would say he needs a fatwa issued against him till he apologizes to Altuve for being a clout grabbing sack of shit with the buzzer lies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1