2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

This actually probably hurts us more than them.

the way we play in that park lately, I want absolutely nothing to change as far as the setup/environment.

Maybe it will allow balls to carry better. A little more oomph and last night’s score could have been 14-5

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Feels like a lifetime ago. 

There's no way Aroldis Chapman could let that happen again. Jose Altuve or anyone else taking him deep at any point in the remainder of this series is an outright impossibility. He will NEVER suffer that sort of humiliating defeat again. "NEVER," I say. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Not making any assumptions that this series is coming home, but if it does, we should move the home games to Tampa Bay as a fuck you to the Rangers and to keep up the road advantage.

I say we go Cuban Missile Crisis and, if we are still alive, accept their 2017 invitation to play our home games in Arlington as if it were still valid.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Javier should start game 6 and let Framber have 7 if necessary. That's 4 days rest between starts, which should be enough for him. Can't go into game 6 down 3-2 and let Framber start, he hasn't been himself for about a month now. 

I would rather start France than Javier on 3 days rest....

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah. No way you start Javier on short rest after the assumed “tired arm” he had for most of the 2nd half.

So Famber in game 6 with a short leash?  Can we really afford to let him give up 4-6 runs in >4 innings? If it were an away game maybe, but not at home where the bats don't work.

29 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Javier should start game 6 and let Framber have 7 if necessary. That's 4 days rest between starts, which should be enough for him. Can't go into game 6 down 3-2 and let Framber start, he hasn't been himself for about a month now. 

Dude- that's not full rest- that's 3 days rest.  No way on Javier.  

34 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I would let Framber start the game, but it's inning to inning.  If he gets in to a mess early, you bring in someone from the pen and warm up France to come in the next inning.

The problem with this approach isn't Framber it's Dusty who has a proclivity to leave people in too long and then the game is out of reach.

Hindsight being 20/20 but we'd be in a lot better shape had we gone

G1: Verlander
G2: Javier
G3: Urquidy
G4: Valdez/France
G5: Verlander
G6: Javier
G7: Urquidy

If the stars align and our pets heads do not fall off we need to structure the WS around only giving Framber the G4 start....

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The problem with this approach isn't Framber it's Dusty who has a proclivity to leave people in too long and then the game is out of reach.

Hindsight being 20/20 but we'd be in a lot better shape had we gone

G1: Verlander
G2: Javier
G3: Urquidy
G4: Valdez/France
G5: Verlander
G6: Javier
G7: Urquidy

If the stars align and our pets heads do not fall off we need to structure the WS around only giving Framber the G4 start....

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Is Brantley just not physically capable of playing 2 games in a row?  I never see him grimace or show any signs of favoring his shoulder.  He doesn't swing or field like it's bothering him.  Either he is one tough motherfucker or Dusty is just being extra stupid.

Edited by kevwun

Wtf. Could Brantley come in for Dubon after a righthander comes in the game? That’s reaching because it defies late inning defensive substitutions we normally would make but that would put Brantley back in the two hole. I know Chas hits lefties well so I can see him starting I guess. Two hole Dubon just seems awful optimistic. Perplexing but not surprising. Dusty gonna Dusty.