2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I know it’s just a coincidence but it’s somewhat ironic that Dusty gets booted and our game management wakes up.

Dusty fought for his guys.

Zero problem with Baker.   Team had his fucking back, along with Abreu.

Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

It's like one day, God decided He was going to make this incredible, once in a lifetime baseball player and then said, what the heck, I'm going to make him 5'5 because that is hilarious

Altuve was cut by the Astros after appearing as a teenager in a club tryout camp because the organization considered him too short. At the behest of his father, Altuve returned to try out for the club again, where he ultimately showed enough to earn a $15,000 signing bonus from Houston officials

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Just so we remember, if Carter had gotten on Garcia's spot was due up but his stupid bitch ass was in the clubhouse.

Yeah, I thought Pressly might pitch around Carter.  I would have hated a walk to put the go ahead run at 2nd but Pressly tends to nibble sometimes anyway.

Edited by WBT

I've never been more convinced, Jose Altuve is some sort of supernatural being, gifted to the city of Houston by some force beyond our reckoning.

Look at him. That man has no reason to be one of the best baseball players of all time. And yet; somehow, he is. Like an anime character, his ultimate form emerges when all seems lost. 

My biggest complaint of this season has been that "the magic is just not there." So many games this year we went into the 9th down a run or two, got guys on, and just couldn't bring them home. Tonight, I'm as wrong as it gets.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3