2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yordan is due for a homer. Need a few guys to get it going early and get the house rocking after last night. 4 Hours to go...

I almost feel like we need to have at least two runs on the board before Tucker's spot comes up to start the blackhole of offensive suck for 1.1 innings.

I’m actually curious how that hearing looks? Who makes the decision? Is it a lawyer representing abreu? How do you determine intent to hit a player? Based off the time of game and what was at stake there’s literally no way you can say he did it on purpose. But I would love to know what those hearings look like if anyone knows.

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

per sparky - tonight's umpire leans towards the pitcher, he'll have big zone 

So adjust accordingly figure out what his strike zone is and pitch the balls he would call strikes and swing at the balls he would call strikes. It really isn't that tough these people are major leaugers right?

44 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

per sparky - tonight's umpire leans towards the pitcher, he'll have big zone 

Dan Bellino.

he was the hpu that tossed Scherzer for the sticky stuff earlier this year. (And the ump involved in that weird MadBum sticky stuff check).

but hopefully a big zone will help Javier and his riding fastball more than Scherzer 

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Dusty has never won a game 7? Hahaha we’re fucked.

Pre Astros:

1997 0-3 NLDS vs Marlins
2000 1-3 NLDS vs Mets
2002 3-2 NLDS vs Braves*
2002 4-1 NLCS vs Cardinals
2002 3-4 WS vs Angels*
2003 3-2 NDLS vs Braves*
2003 3-4 NLCS vs Marlins*
2010 0-3 NLDS vs Phillies
2012 2-3 NLDS vs Giants* (Bochy)
2013 0-1 NLWC vs Pirates*
2016 2-3 NLDS vs Dodgers*
2017 2-3 NLDS vs Cubs*

*denotes winner take all game played

He is 0-3 in Game 7s (add 2020 ALCS) and he is 2-8 in winner take all games with his lone 2 wins coming 20 years ago vs Atlanta.

There is a reason he has a postseason history of being a scrub prior to inheriting Luhnow's Astros

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Dusty has never won a game 7? Hahaha we’re fucked.

He’s due

and Bochy has never lost one. So he’s due.

I’m used to it by now after 7 years of it but the bitchassedness on this thread after every postseason loss continues to annoy/amaze me.

Scherzer is going to be on the ropes relatively early.

the game is going to hinge on whether we get a key multi-run hit with runners that are his responsibility (probably around the time Abreu or Brantley are up a 2nd time) or whether we let them get off the hook. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Yeah, the Dusty stat is concerning, but those were other teams in other decades.

What we have going for us tonight is that Scherzer may not be 100% still, and we just rocked his ass a few nights ago.  If we can jump on him early and get to Dunning, we can put up 5+ runs tonight.  I also don't believe that Yordan is capable of playing in a game this big without putting his fingerprints on it.  And, Arlington are a bunch of choking bitchtits.  So, we're gonna win.  It's science.

13 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

He’s due

and Bochy has never lost one. So he’s due.

I’m used to it by now after 7 years of it but the bitchassedness on this thread after every postseason loss continues to annoy/amaze me.

Scherzer is going to be on the ropes relatively early.

the game is going to hinge on whether we get a key multi-run hit with runners that are his responsibility (probably around the time Abreu or Brantley are up a 2nd time) or whether we let them get off the hook. 

I mean we’re 1-4 at home in the postseason and dusty has never won a game 7. I don’t think it’s bitchassedness to not be optimistic about this game. And me being positive doesn’t matter. How about go win a fucking home game and prove us all wrong. Baseball is the hardest sport to predict so your assumptions of what might could happen could also go as sherzer throws a gem and Javier struggles. I don’t think anyone here can predict the outcome tonight. 

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I mean we’re 1-4 at home in the postseason and dusty has never won a game 7. I don’t think it’s bitchassedness to not be optimistic about this game. And me being positive doesn’t matter. How about go win a fucking home game and prove us all wrong. Baseball is the hardest sport to predict so your assumptions of what might could happen could also go as sherzer throws a gem and Javier struggles. I don’t think anyone here can predict the outcome tonight. 

I wasn’t trying to single your post out in particular with the bitchassedness comment. It’s just funny to me how this thread turns every day after a loss in the postseason. And then we win and we’re never going to lose again

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Show of hands: After watching this season, how many of y'all thought we'd be in this position?

I didn't.

I just wanted to somehow keep the LCS streak alive.  I always get greedy though.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1