2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Yeah didn't give a shit about his question was more posting the record difference

"You're never as good as you are when you're playing well, and you're never as bad as you are when you're playing poorly" or something like that.

Pretty good article on Ohtani:  https://sports.yahoo.com/hern-ndez-shohei-ohtani-says-150558663.html

I think Moreno already didn’t want to trade him, and now he’s backed up by Ohtani’s own public comments. So the Angels likely go for broke, and probably come up short. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Ohtani is taking the Giannis Approach. I hope it doesn’t work out for him. 

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's just dumb.   The only way Ruth could have left was via trade.

He’s also already better than Ruth.

it’s not like Ohtani is a guy that has a lot of talent but you don’t yet know if he’s going to develop in to one of the best of all time. He’s already there.

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

He’s also already better than Ruth.

it’s not like Ohtani is a guy that has a lot of talent but you don’t yet know if he’s going to develop in to one of the best of all time. He’s already there.

There is literally no rational reason to not trade him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Old school baseball was the best. This might have been the game of the week ….

Brett’s rage out was Similar to my reaction to the news that Whataburger was discontinuing the jalapeño cheddar biscuit (yes I know it’s back now). 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Old school baseball was the best. This might have been the game of the week ….

i learned about that on hbo's "the not so great moments in sports" hosted by tim mccarver in the 80's.

i was there when george brett got into the hof and after he gave his acceptance speech, he left it on the podium.  a few min later we were up there with a group of people and it was right there.  still mad i didn't snatch it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Damn, lot of hits at this table 

IMG_5961.jpeg

You give me that and I’m coming at you with:

Ripken SS

Walker LF

Jones 3B

Thomas C

Junior CF

Thome 2B

Winfield RF

McGriff 1B

Murray DH

for my old man beer league softball team and I’m run-ruling your ass every game 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Married At First Sight No GIF by Lifetime

1) age. I decided to go with the 59 yo playing in the field over the 67 yo

2) handedness: I want a guy that throws left at first

3) i’m banking on McGriff still having at least a small bit of the fundamentals that produced back to back to back AAU national champions.

or is your beef with where they are slotted in the order? (Or something else glaringly obvious that I’m missing?)

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

1) age. I decided to go with the 59 yo playing in the field over the 67 yo

2) handedness: I want a guy that throws left at first

3) i’m banking on McGriff still having at least a small bit of the fundamentals that produced back to back to back AAU national champions.

or is your beef with where they are slotted in the order? (Or something else glaringly obvious that I’m missing?)

Can't argue with that.  Did you put Frank at catcher because he's the only one who can bend over repeatedly or so this cuck can stare at his ass all game?

image.png.d42c01158b27d22464aef38cd7d8f37b.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

I put Frank at catcher because

a) that’s where you put the guy that is in the worst shape on your team (Although on that note I am concerned about my centerfielder…and a 71 in RF. But if a guy gets drafted by three pro leagues in his 20s, I figure he can still play passable OF in his 70s ).

b) Frank has a TV talking-head gig so I figure that can be used to get in to a batter or two’s head each game behind the plate

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Schwarber blows a play in LF to likely lose the game. Meanwhile, Jake Cave, a natural OF, is playing 1B with Bryce back at DH. 

Blows the play?

image.thumb.jpeg.c284b1f2f5cfee72ab5c7da2a626f234.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a925bae20256d332dc8b902e18213e2a.jpeg

Your point about a better LF option may be valid.  But, Schwarber busted his ass with a full layout trying to make the catch.