2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Tmml.

A very small chuckle overshadowed by terrible data visualization.  Bader is neither a Ruth nor a Judge, yet their ovals overlap.  Same issue for the other two players.  RBG should be at the tangential intersection of three very narrow ovals or the intersection of 3 lines.

intersection.thumb.png.15b4a4379232d32c33fb864bde894ca8.png

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

A very small chuckle overshadowed by terrible data visualization.  Bader is neither a Ruth nor a Judge, yet their ovals overlap.  Same issue for the other two players.  RBG should be at the tangential intersection of three very narrow ovals or the intersection of 3 lines.

intersection.thumb.png.15b4a4379232d32c33fb864bde894ca8.png

And it would work better with David Justice instead of Aaron Judge.  And throw this guy in there too:

ginsberg.png.26d5ffcb1ee82dfdc8a1bce9fab07b61.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’d eat my dick the first ~150 PAs but would slowly adjust. 50 singles would get me a whopping .076 BA, I don’t see why that’s outlandish. Add in maybe 20 walks and 3-4 HBPs.

Even though I know this is trolling, zero chance. Divide all those by 10. And then in half. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Roughly 50 weak singles for an athletic 30ish year old that played baseball from 8-18 in 650 plate appearences isn’t impossible. Choke up on the bat, short swing. It’s doable.

The problem is they know that you're fucking garbage compared to actual Major Leaguers. They don't have to pitch around anything. 

I'm sure you could slap a few singles or get walked a couple times but most of the time you'd be getting blown away by basic stuff like 95 down the middle followed by off speed.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Roughly 50 weak singles for an athletic 30ish year old that played baseball from 8-18 in 650 plate appearences isn’t impossible. Choke up on the bat, short swing. It’s doable.

It’s also not impossible for me to tittyfuck Kate upton tonight. Doable though? Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball GIF by MLB

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 7:12 PM, Helobious said:

I’d eat my dick the first ~150 PAs but would slowly adjust. 50 singles would get me a whopping .076 BA, I don’t see why that’s outlandish. Add in maybe 20 walks and 3-4 HBPs.

I predict a batting title for helo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The Pirates will trade for him just you watch. 

Pretty cool story of the Braves calling up a pitcher who also substitute teaches in off season and he pitched well yesterday vs the Mets. 

Edited by Underdog