45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I've watched lawyers try to do shit this way (introduce a document because they really want it in evidence, but they have zero idea how to prove up an exhibit, and try to just testify to a fact as they question a witness).  They are, uniformly, shitty lawyers.  There are plenty of shitty lawyers out there.  The fact that the former president of the United States employs one of them is mindblowing.  

Remember Bush v. Gore?  Say what you want about the parties, their positions, etc., but neither side was represented by an attorney who would be overwhelmed by a goddamned traffic ticket docket.  They had real lawyers, with real chops.  This....is just fucking pathetic.  Just like Trump.

Easier to discredit the courts when you make a mockery of the process.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Counsel to Trump, “I’m sorry Mr. President, but the judge is right.  I tried.  But I can’t just willfully demand the document into being evidentiary.  It was to be accepted first by the court.  I’ll try something else.”

Trump, “you didn’t know you can just turn documents into evidence like classified to declassified documents just by using your mind?  This kinda shit is the reason I’m not going to pay you.”   

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The fact that the former president of the United States employs one of them is mindblowing.

Why?

Of the following:

1. Trump repeatedly fails to pay his counsel

2. Trump fires counsel who tell him what he doesn't want to hear

3. Trump is on the losing end of most of these cases

4. Trump frequently refuses to listen to the advice of his counsel

5. Trump is generally in denial of reality and expects his employees to also believe his bullshit

Which of the above makes you think he would have better attorneys? Because I don't see very many good attorneys willing to work under such conditions.

So he's a former president. Big fuckin deal. Just proves what our Founding Fathers already knew -- any dipshit can become president if you get enough dipshits to vote for him.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I assume, then, that Kaplan permitted Mr. Bob Dobalina to withdraw from the case?   The first trial wasn't this big a shit show because he is a real lawyer.

Well, it appears Mr. Dobalina was never counsel in this, the second case, but has withdrawn from representation in the first case, more specifically the appeal before the Second Circuit.

Regardless, habba dabba do is on her own on this one.

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The alleged wrong here is not that "evidence was deleted."  The term is spoliation.  If a party destroys/discards material that the party knows will be evidence in a particular dispute, that's called "spoliation."

And generally speaking, the remedy isn't "A MISTRIAL!"  It is an instruction to the jury that the jury is to infer that the destroyed evidence would have benefited the other party, called a "spoliation instruction."

Fucking clown show.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'm a bit pissed as I didn't know that I was qualified to be a lawyer all this time.

Do you look like Habba, and are you willing to gargle Trump's balls?  Those seem to be the relevant professional criteria here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Acting like an imperious, entitled jackass in front of a jury that is tasked with determining how much in damages you should be assessed for your previous wrongful acts committed in the course of being an imperious, entitled jackass (I can sexually assault whoever I want, and then deny it and say she's an ugly liar) is not a strategy I'd PERSONALLY recommend....but I might enjoy watching it play out in this case.

I'm aware of Larry Flynt.  One might say I'm familiar with his life's work.  This man is no Larry Flynt.

f1221045e8c69135c5e4acf87aa85a5a0a389487

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

IMG_1498.gif

"If I were to represent to you that there is a communications team at the White House, they have a thing called a television, and on that thing they show shows, would you have any reason to dispute that"?

That's how it usually goes down.  Still a bit of a dicey proposition, but Habba Dabba Don't can't even wing it.  What a maroon.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It’s federal court! This is basic shit she should absolutely be dragged for. 

50 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I can’t. This is a performance for Trump. She fucking knows better 

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This can't be real. Mock trial students who suck at literally everything know this procedure. They pride themselves because it's so basic and so easy to script and they think they're smart. This bitch doesn't even know that basic script? I have a book sitting 5 feet away that includes the words to use, I got it the first day of my evidence course 18 year ago.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This can't be real. Mock trial students who suck at literally everything know this procedure. They pride themselves because it's so basic and so easy to script and they think they're smart. This bitch doesn't even know that basic script? I have a book sitting 5 feet away that includes the words to use, I got it the first day of my evidence course 18 year ago.

The little NITA evidence handbook I got when I took a course 25 years ago is still on my shelf.  I could hand it to most high school students, and in 15 minutes, they'd be able to do the basics of getting an exhibit admitted.  It ain't rocket surgery.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah but this is a performance for those that think lawyerin is like in Suits where you look at a case for 2 seconds then go up to the judge and tell them what's what.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

been doing this job 25+ years, tried over 200 cases, and i don't think i ever fucked up the document dance like this.  i've had my moments and certainly seen some outrageous shit from opposing counsel, but lordy mercy not anything close to this.  most of the time the fuck ups illicited laughs and, if they were good folks who were simply lost and wanted to save them from their E&O or a bar complaint, we'd help 'em out...ask for a recess, get with them to help them with their predicates, not object, etc....so long as it didn't jeopardize my client's case.

this shit?...i'd lean back, smile, log my objection and watch her burn.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

been doing this job 25+ years, tried over 200 cases, and i don't think i ever fucked up the document dance like this.  i've had my moments and certainly seen some outrageous shit from opposing counsel, but lordy mercy not anything close to this.  most of the time the fuck ups illicited laughs and, if they were good folks who were simply lost and wanted to save them from their E&O or a bar complaint, we'd help 'em out...ask for a recess, get with them to help them with their predicates, not object, etc....so long as it didn't jeopardize my client's case.

This has been discussed ad nauseum but having an opportunity to represent the FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES should be the dream scenario for every single student going through law school.

The fact that this lady is the best he can do says so much.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

I seem to recall that in state court in Texas, generalized "improper predicate" objections don't cut it.  You're supposed to object and argue as to what is lacking in the foundation line of questioning.

Either way, I'm glad she's not in Texas.  Let her burn.

Edited by dcbc

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This has been discussed ad nauseum but having an opportunity to represent the FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES should be the dream scenario for every single student going through law school.

The fact that this lady is the best he can do says so much.

So much this.  This opportunity - in the abstract - is the career opportunity of a lifetime (usually an opportunity that comes to someone already moving at the higher levels of the practice of law).  It is indeed a dream scenario.  And it doesn't necessarily have to be along party lines -- depending on the case, I would have been honored, and would have busted my ass, to represent Obama, W, GHWB, even Clinton.  

The fact that this piece of fucking excrement has to get the shittiest attorneys on earth -- people who wouldn't even get hired by a sleazy dude running a chain of donut shops that's a front for a half-assed fencing operation -- is incredible.  The former POTUS should be represented by one of the best law firms in the country.  Instead, he's represented by a barely sentient pair of tits, who was hired solely for the "tits" part, not the "sentient" part.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The alleged wrong here is not that "evidence was deleted."  The term is spoliation.  If a party destroys/discards material that the party knows will be evidence in a particular dispute, that's called "spoliation."

And generally speaking, the remedy isn't "A MISTRIAL!"  It is an instruction to the jury that the jury is to infer that the destroyed evidence would have benefited the other party, called a "spoliation instruction."

Fucking clown show.

Do you look like Habba, and are you willing to gargle Trump's balls?  Those seem to be the relevant professional criteria here.

Court TV now shows the judge after asking if Habba Dabba Doo ever sent preservation letters

IMG_0589.gif.6aeb762bd9836b7cca50ee97a7bfcc4c.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The fact that this piece of fucking excrement has to get the shittiest attorneys on earth -- people who wouldn't even get hired by a sleazy dude running a chain of donut shops that's a front for a half-assed fencing operation -- is incredible.  The former POTUS should be represented by one of the best law firms in the country.  Instead, he's represented by a barely sentient pair of tits, who was hired solely for the "tits" part, not the "sentient" part.

Recall that his personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, is a graduate of The Worst Law School In America (tm)

https://lawschooli.com/should-i-attend-cooley-law-school/