Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is it weird that I like this team's chances better in game 7 in Vegas than on Monday night?

47 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

No—I feel the same.

47 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

its all about Otter.  if he shows up every game is a coin flip which I will take right now.

I could see that. Gotta be some puckered buttholes in that Vegas dressing room now.

We go the way Otter takes us. Our defense is not very good unless Otter is terrific. He’s been spectacular the last two games.

We are halfway there.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I could see that. Gotta be some puckered buttholes in that Vegas dressing room now.

We go the way Otter takes us. Our defense is not very good unless Otter is terrific. He’s been spectacular the last two games.

We are halfway there.

We played some asstastic D the first couple periods or so but tightened up late.

Agree that Otter has to be great - we have pretty much proven that our D isn't great outside of that. 

12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I'll say it -- I kinda wish Jamie had gotten a 4-game suspension.

I think this is setting up nicely.  He basically hasn't played in over a week and will have something to prove.  Fresh and dialed-in Jamie can still be the old Jamie.  Hoping for a big redemption game from him.

Edited by Skipper

Who sits for Jamie?  3rd and 4th lines literally won the game last night, so you can't really sit Dellandrea or Olofsson.  You're not sitting Faksa or Glendening.  
Marchment?  Kivi?

I bet it’s Olofsson who is scratched. Can’t sit Dellandrea after last night. Kiviranta has been excellent in this series.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Who sits for Jamie?  3rd and 4th lines literally won the game last night, so you can't really sit Dellandrea or Olofsson.  You're not sitting Faksa or Glendening.  

Marchment?  Kivi?

Of those 6, Marchment has looked like the biggest liability this series. He continues to look lost out there and if he gets knocked down looks around like a Karen looking for a cop. If it not him, likely Olofsson. It's great that he's come in and made a bit of an impact, but let's get fucking real - he's no Jamie Benn. Spare me the Benn sitting bullshit. He's the captain, he's playing.

Of those 6, Marchment has looked like the biggest liability this series. He continues to look lost out there and if he gets knocked down looks around like a Karen looking for a cop. If it not him, likely Olofsson. It's great that he's come in and made a bit of an impact, but let's get fucking real - he's no Jamie Benn. Spare me the Benn sitting bullshit. He's the captain, he's playing.

As someone said a few posts up, he’s rested and should feel like he’s got something to prove to the group. I wouldn’t be against Marchment sitting — he’s been invisible for the most part. I’d sit half our defense corps if we could.

36 minutes ago, C-Man said:

As someone said a few posts up, he’s rested and should feel like he’s got something to prove to the group. I wouldn’t be against Marchment sitting — he’s been invisible for the most part. I’d sit half our defense corps if we could.

this flew a bit under the radar, but theoretically we could if we brought in Lundkvist (seriously, wtf did he do to get benched this long?), Shea, and Petrovic. But that's not gonna happen either.

Vegas is a good team. And as such at times they will make us look bad. That's the nature of things. I'm just hoping we have turned a corner mentally and believe we can take the next two. It's certainly within their skillset and even with the iffy players we have. They have some too - I'm beginning to think Hill is one of them.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this flew a bit under the radar, but theoretically we could if we brought in Lundkvist (seriously, wtf did he do to get benched this long?), Shea, and Petrovic. But that's not gonna happen either.

Vegas is a good team. And as such at times they will make us look bad. That's the nature of things. I'm just hoping we have turned a corner mentally and believe we can take the next two. It's certainly within their skillset and even with the iffy players we have. They have some too - I'm beginning to think Hill is one of them.

I believe it was Razor on with The Hard Line — or maybe it was just Bob talking — that the belief that Lundqvist just isn’t ready for this yet. Whether that’s true or not, I have no idea. My trust in DeBoer is basically blind at this point so if he’s not playing, there’s a reason why.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Watching Stankoven playing in the Memorial Cup for Kamloops right now.  

Holy shit, he's fast and has clearly been the best player on the ice in the 1st period.  

Was just coming here to post that. Flipping channels and got to the NHL Network and saw that, heard the intermission show folks singing his praises in the first period and saw some highlights. Is he a possibility to join the Stars next season? Or would he go to Austin?

Stankoven already looks like a better player than Bourque to me.  Plus, we know that PdB is not afraid to keep a 19-yo.  

Holy shit, there's a Sydor playing for Kamloops.   More shit that makes me feel old...When I lived in Seattle and had WHL season tickets, Kamloops had Daryl Sydor and Scott Niedermeyer playing D, literally 40 minutes each in big games.  They didn't lose often.  

And it's 7-0 Kamloops.  Junior hockey is so crazy.  

Edited by Beau Vine

Stankoven is a little guy at 5-8, 170 according to the Googles. The guy on the intermission report said he was the 2nd best player in the CHL behind Bedard, who he said had the best season he’d seen since Wayne Gretzky in 77-78.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Stankoven is a little guy at 5-8, 170 according to the Googles. The guy on the intermission report said he was the 2nd best player in the CHL behind Bedard, who he said had the best season he’d seen since Wayne Gretzky in 77-78.

Yeah, he's tiny.  That's why he dropped to us where he did.   Too many teams turned off by his size.  Skill set wise Scouts loved him.  At least that's what I recall reading.  

As for tonight, put me in the category that thinks by merit it should be Marchment that is scratched but it will probably be Oloffson.  Saad wrote an article on this yesterday as well.  Marchment has just had a really poor series.  Really pretty much the entire playoffs. 

Super fired up for tonight.  Walking in the AAC last Thurs was odd as pretty much had no expectations beyond hoping we didn't lay an egg.  Will be as nervous as for Seattle game 7 tonight.  Hope the boys bring it.  Plan to be at Hero by 4:30 or so.   

Also PSA for Ticket listeners, apparently Bob rallied the troops to do a special holiday hardline with the regulars today instead of the fill-ins

• Hook 'Em 2