Tucker Carlson FIRED

Eastwood

43 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

There isn't a disconnect. I provided you proof that he challenged the Dominion voting accusations publicly.

You mean the Fox News column where he brought up the election worker whose claims had been tossed by a judge the week before, only he forgot to mention that part and actually ranted that no one was looking into her allegations?  That's your "proof?"

13 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I thought this thread had peaked with IMissWallyPryor…but then LonghornLove walk up music!!

image.gif.7382d9df68c7191f9224250c40f89b30.gif

The thing is posters are at least engaged. Like chatterboxes on this. I love to do research (yes I am as dorky as dorks can be) and found some gems. So back in the day (5 years plus) Murdoch was willing to offer Rachel Maddow whatever she wanted to host/anchor a show bc he thought she was brilliant. She said no thanks. She’s said she has a healthy respect for Tucker and by that I think she means his “schtick” 

While Tucker may have been responsible for 16% of the advertising revenue (per Dan Abrams) —most of which is like that creepy My Pillow guy I’m guessing—Tucker was sort of the face of the network. A network that just settled for $787 million and is facing more lawsuits. Tucker imo doesn’t necessarily believe what he’s peddling but his fans do believe it. There is a genuine rift at Fox on Republican Presidential candidate—go all in on Trump or not. Like I said if you see this name Irena Briganti (you will only see it if Fox decides to go scorched earth on Tucker which I don’t think they will) Tucker loathes Trump privately but had built a fan base basically pandering to these folks. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Did you actually watch that video?

I'll grant you that the headline sounds like Tucker is calling out Powell.  

Keep in mind that at the time of that piece, pretty much EVERY news organization was mocking Giuliani and Powell for their unhinged and completely unsupported claims of a vast anti-Trump election conspiracy.  Everyone, that is, except the right-wing media bubble, which at that moment was surging toward OAN and Newsmax thanks to the seemingly irresistible lure of having your own world view reinforced and feeling like *you* are special because *you* know the real story.  

So yeah, the headline looks like he's calling them out, but if you watch it, it's pretty much Tucker being Tucker.  I only made it through the first 5+ minutes (which is about 4 1/2 minutes longer than I can usually tolerate is firehose of bullshit), but he 1) REPEATEDLY defends Russia.  Paraphrased:  "social media is more dangerous than Russia ever was," and also "Look at the silly news media saying that Giuliani was targeted by Russian operatives... Those morons are so stupid to see Russian conspiracies everywhere."

He also FLAT OUT STATES THAT WE DO NOT HAVE FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS IN THIS COUNTRY, explaining that a "billionaire class" controls the media (which is a head-exploding level of hypocrisy).  

Anyway, just fucking stop with the idea that Tucker is anything short of a Goebbels-styled propagandist who relentlessly 1) undermined faith in American institutions (as he does in that video), and 2) inexplicably and almost invariably repeated pro-Russian talking points (as he does in that video).  

edit:  he also repeatedly gives Powell and Giuliani credit for "raising questions" and he repeatedly legitimizes their fucking lunacy.  In other words:  That video most definitely does not vindicate Tucker Carlson in the way you seem to believe.  

We can agree to disagree. He asked her to come on the show and present her evidence and she declined. That in my opinion is a challenge to her claims of the dominion vote issue. Show me what you got and she didn't even show up. You don't like him, you disagree with him. Nothing wrong with forming your own opinion about the guy. I have mine, you have yours. Let's just leave it at that.

• Fuck You 1

Holy shit, I’ve never clicked on this thread before. I didn’t realize that despite mountains of irrefutable evidence that Fox News, Tucker Carlson, and the rest of the Fox team has been doing nothing more than shoveling propaganda to its audience for years, that morons still find any value whatsoever out of anything he says. It truly is amazing how stupid and gullible people can be when it comes to politics. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Holy shit, I’ve never clicked on this thread before. I didn’t realize that despite mountains of irrefutable evidence that Fox News, Tucker Carlson, and the rest of the Fox team has been doing nothing more than shoveling propaganda to its audience for years, that morons still find any value whatsoever out of anything he says. It truly is amazing how stupid and gullible people can be when it comes to politics. 

Don't be surprised, they all do it, stop kidding yourself. No need to isolate Fox on that remark.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Below is how they do it. Now you know. 

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Don't be surprised, they all ado it, stop kidding yourself. No need to isolate Fox on that remark.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Genco said:

Well aside from the $787MM defamation settlement and the upcoming Smartmatic lawsuit.

Otherwise you're right. Both sides, totally samesies, etc.

Congrats on you for taking my comments out of context towards something completely different from what it was intended. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain it to you clearly. 

38 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

shoveling propaganda to its audience

This is what I was referring to when I said they all do it. It isn't isolated to this specific topic, it is agenda in general. It's no wonder polls show media trust is at 34%.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'm sorry, I was told that Carlson was merely a teleprompter reader and that the real, factual, hard-hitting news of Fox reporting was all that really mattered.  That they could plug 'n play anybody to recite his shit and they'd stay top of the ratings because it was the real news that America needed to hear?  That's still the case right?

Oh wait, were the ratings down because folks like Pilot's Error tuned out and jerked off to Tucker's instagram page instead?  That would explain the drop in numbers.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

Congrats on you for taking my comments out of context towards something completely different from what it was intended. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain it to you clearly. 

This is what I was referring to when I said they all do it. It isn't isolated to this specific topic, it is agenda in general. It's no wonder polls show media trust is at 34%.

I think we all realize that news organizations can influence their audience with what they choose to air/print and not to.  That’s still a far cry from choosing to air/print known or suspected falsehoods. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Is it un-American to question why we are sending so much tax payer money to one of the most corrupt countries in the world to fight a war that we should have done more to prevent in the first place? I don't think it is. Does that make me a Russian stooge, no. Our government has been lying to us forever, we should question it without being persecuted as not being a patriot.

It is unfortunate that White Supremacists have called him an ally and a friend and you call that proof. The proof would be where he reciprocated that friendship. He hasn't yet, he is still himself labeled a racist. I don't buy it, it is just twisting words into something that isn't.

Is Joe Biden a racist because he eulogized a former KKK organizer Robert Byrd calling him "friend, mentor and guide"? That certainly seems more racist than a group endearing themselves to Tucker.

Russia has used Tucker as propaganda, not the other way around IMHO. Obviously Tucker is a Russian agent right? Give me a break. That is complete BS.

Is Tucker a racist because he reported on the "Replacement Theory" created and propagated by the left? You talk about something we didn't want you to bring up so therefore you are a racist right?

people actually look into this stuff so you don't have to rely on just cool quips and comebacks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/04/30/us/tucker-carlson-tonight.html

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Is it un-American to question why we are sending so much tax payer money to one of the most corrupt countries in the world to fight a war that we should have done more to prevent in the first place?

Yes! Because the question itself is founded on false premises that are talking points generated straight out of the Kremlin. It's a fundamentally dishonest question introduced into the discussion by the very people who are perpetrating the genocide.

"Just Asking Questions" is a known propaganda technique. And every kind of person denying injustice uses it to try and pretend that there isn't overwhelming evidence of said injustice.

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yes! Because the question itself is founded on false premises that are talking points generated straight out of the Kremlin. It's a fundamentally dishonest question introduced into the discussion by the very people who are perpetrating the genocide.

"Just Asking Questions" is a known propaganda technique. And every kind of person denying injustice uses it to try and pretend that there isn't overwhelming evidence of said injustice.

Ok

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Don't be surprised, they all do it, stop kidding yourself. No need to isolate Fox on that remark.

this is also a known fallacy called both-sides-ism

so now you've done JAQing off and both-sides... any other bullshit you want to engage in?

Geez, @SydneyCarton isn't even being particularly mean to you, and you still can't handle it... ya fuckin snowflake.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

If someone thinks we should be ok with Russia invading Ukraine and committing genocide, I think they should be ok with me moving in to their house, throwing them out, and taking all of their shit, at the very least.

I never said it was ok for Russia to invade Ukraine. I think the exact opposite just to be clear.

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I never said it was ok for Russia to invade Ukraine. I think the exact opposite just to be clear.

That is such a brave stance.  I hope you have stickers on your truck that reflect your gallantry

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

this is also a known fallacy called both-sides-ism

so now you've done JAQing off and both-sides... any other bullshit you want to engage in?

Geez, @SydneyCarton isn't even being particularly mean to you, and you still can't handle it... ya fuckin snowflake.

I haven't personally attacked anyone in this thread as you just did to me yet I am the snowflake? According to the definition, I am not a snowflake as I am here.......posting.........with people who don't agree with me. Please continue your insults though. I will wear it as a badge of honor.

snowflake

Slang. a person who is easily offended, overly sensitive, or emotionally fragile: You snowflakes need to leave your safe spaces and engage with people who disagree with your beliefs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

I haven't personally attacked anyone in this thread as you just did to me yet I am the snowflake? According to the definition, I am not a snowflake as I am here.......posting.........with people who don't agree with me. Please continue your insults though. I will wear it as a badge of honor.

snowflake

Slang. a person who is easily offended, overly sensitive, or emotionally fragile: You snowflakes need to leave your safe spaces and engage with people who disagree with your beliefs.

Star Trek Bromance GIF

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

But you question whether the US should aid ukraine in defense of their country to the point that that can win?

even though the majority of the “money” is actually estimated value of older systems that we don’t use but pay to store and maintain?

• Hook 'Em 4

57 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think we all realize that news organizations can influence their audience with what they choose to air/print and not to.  That’s still a far cry from choosing to air/print known or suspected falsehoods. 

Most news organizations did not just settle a lawsuit for $787 million dollars, and are facing another lawsuit for the same thing, for $2.6 billion.

• Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Cool. Here's a wonderful article of a lot of Tucker Carlson direct quotes on Ukraine. Do you find them entertaining? Do they change they way you view Carlson?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/oct/02/tucker-carlson-ukraine-vladimir-putin-propaganda

“We’ve entered a new phase, one in which the United States is directly at war with the largest nuclear power in the world,” Carlson grimly warned his viewers on Tuesday.

Do you think this is what direct war with Russia looks like for the United States?

While European politicians hinted that Russia was responsible as part of a new phase of hybrid war over Ukraine, Carlson said the evidence pointed in another direction.

“If you are Vladimir Putin, you would have to be a suicidal moron to blow up your own energy pipeline,” he claimed.

So if not Putin, who?

“In early February, less than three weeks before the war in Ukraine began, Joe Biden suggested on camera that he might take out these pipelines,” said Carlson.

The Fox News anchor reasoned that the president’s warning that if Russia invaded Ukraine the US would shut down the Nord Stream 2 pipeline was a direct threat to sabotage it.

“He said, there won’t be a Nord Stream 2. We’ll put an end to it. We will take it out. We will blow it up,” said Carlson.

Biden did not say “take it out” or “blow it up” but that did not stop Carlson from concluding that the president had brought the US to the brink of nuclear war.

Any thoughts on this, considering Denmark basically had evidence (photographs) of a Russian sub right by the explosion site of the Nordstream pipe the day it blew up?

“Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?” he said. “I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia? Which I am.”

That's a good one. Want to comment on that? 

Shortly before Russia invaded in February, Carlson laid out a set of talking points that mirrored a speech made by Putin a few hours earlier attacking Nato.

“Their one and only goal is to hold back the development of Russia,” Putin had claimed. “They just do not need a big and independent country like Russia around.” Carlson parroted Putin’s claim that Ukraine wasn’t a real country and said that its government was a “puppet” of the west, “essentially managed by the [US] state department”.

Three months after the invasion, Carlson was still echoing Putin’s talking points with the added claim that the US was backing Ukraine as “payback for the 2016 election” won by Donald Trump and to exact “regime change” in Moscow.

“We don’t arm Ukraine so we can help the Ukrainians. They are merely unfortunate pawns in all of this,” the Fox News host said. “We arm Ukraine so that we can punish Russia. Why? For stealing Hillary Clinton’s coronation.”

Does that seem plausible to you? And now, I don't mean literally using Putin's talking points hours after Putin said them, I meant the park that we're backing Ukraine for 2016 payback?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You’re also aware that saying “a war the US should have done more to prevent” is also straight out of the Kremlin’s propaganda playbook, correct?

The suggestion of course is that the US is to blame for Russia deciding to invade Ukraine. 

Are you at least aware you are parroting Russian talking points?

FuWpmnNWIAAA1oo?format=jpg&name=small

• Rage+1 4