Tucker Carlson FIRED

Eastwood

26 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

9 trillion?

8.6 as of 12/31/22.   One of their subsidiaries, Aladdin, is a beast.   It handles a lot of transactions  and has something like 21 Trillion in assets (combined companies it manages money for.)

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m seeing 8-10 trillion being reported for Blackrock AUM. So yea, they own lots of shit.

Looks like they are investors in the Blackstone created Invitation Homes that owns about 80,000 sf homes that they rent. Of the 80M sf homes in the US, 15M are rentals, and institutions own about 300,000 of them, with Invitation Homes being the biggest.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/blackrock-ruining-us-housing-market/619224/#:~:text=Of%20those%2015%20million%20single,an%20investor—owns%20about%2080%2C000.

So, by the numbers, they are not “buying up all the houses”. However I have absolutely heard data points in the past along the lines of something like 1 out of 3 houses sold under some normal affordable price like $500k or something are being bought by institutions a couple years ago in Phoenix before the ibuyers shut down. So I do believe there have been some instances of crowding out in the past, though hard for me to say how widespread.

I also 100% agree with that article, the real culprit is the lack of new SF supply that can’t keep up with demand. Discussion around that is probably a topic for a different thread, but it’s absolutely real.

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Tucker hoisted himself by his own white supremacist petard or something.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/02/business/media/tucker-carlson-text-message-white-men.html

Fucking moron was putting this stuff into text messages.

"If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?"

You're not. You are not better than he is. You are worse than he is, and were worse before you started cheering on his death.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 10:22 AM, Samson's Wig said:

How many Tucker acolytes know he's from San Francisco?  I'll bet that nugget would make at least a few heads explode, especially since he styles himself like a douchebag teenage frat bro from Mississippi.   

Word on the street is he used to be into the Dead.

EDA79452-2709-4DC3-A2E3-4EBFED5C378F.thumb.jpeg.1b4468c8694e18c30983586012db344e.jpeg

I can’t confirm. For all I know, he was a narc. Would that surprise anyone?

• Haha 3

I'm easily fooled by internet photos.  Something about my vision and computer screens, I can't pick up a lot of shit.  But Jerry looks super-imposed.  And Tucker's arms look like gangrene is setting in on them.  Maybe he likes the Dead.  The music does make for strange bedfellows.  Some of the biggest Deadheads I know are FoxNews acolytes.  As a master stroke of irony, the only time in my life I dabbled in bigotry and hate for other humans was when I was following the Dead around the country.  Jerry died, I got older, and realized fearing other humans you didn't know was a fucking weird way to go through life.  Steal Your Face, and all that...

https://deadline.com/2023/05/tucker-carlson-leaked-videos-media-matters-responds-fox-letter-1235357423/

“Reporting on newsworthy leaked material is a cornerstone of journalism. For Fox to argue otherwise is absurd and further dispels any pretense that they’re a news operation. Perhaps if I tell them that the footage came from a combination of WikiLeaks and Hunter Biden’s laptop, it will alleviate their concerns.”

🤣

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

He’s just going to do his show on Twitter now.  The last place speech is free, and he won’t in any way be beholden to an agenda pushing oligarch.  

Elon Musk is a fucking genius. 

• Hook 'Em 2

"I don't want to say who this House Intel Committee member was, but if you listen---it's a male.  A republican.  and in committee co-leadership.  But I'm totally not outing them to Russia right now or the NSA.  Nope.  No way, dude."  The one factual part is McCaul fucking hates him and knows he's a Russian asset.  Can confirm.

Holy shit, are his viewers that fucking stupid?  

• Hook 'Em 1