Tucker Carlson FIRED

Eastwood

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i think they needed a clean break post-defamation suit to keep doing right wing stuff.  it was too easy for someone to respond  "oh really?  says who, the guy that made fox pay $700MM for lying?" in response to a fox story.  now they get some new faces in there, spew the same thing, and claim the new crew is on the up and up.

who is it that would care if the fox news person is easily shown to be untrustworthy?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

though, I’m telling my wife this and probably texting a few family members who are over 60 With a history of heart disease.  Before they flip on Fox at 8:00p and lose their fucking minds.  Maybe give them a heads up earlier so they can steel themselves ahead of time.  

EC236F5E-7D0C-4AAF-A6B8-43534F6082CB.gif.15bc650c3eee1f9c8e3d6376b87f20f4.gif

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Don Lemon might not be an equal piece of shit as Tucker Carlson. But he's an adjacent piece of shit.

Lemon isn’t a piece of shit rather he’s just dumb as fuck. 

he’s just so fucking idiotic. 

I might go buy a lottery ticket today.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

On the opposite side of the coin, CNN just shit-canned Don Lemon.

I don't understand the dislike for Lemon, especially by Surly libs/Democrats.  

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Lemon isn’t a piece of shit rather he’s just dumb as fuck. 

he’s just so fucking idiotic. 

I might go buy a lottery ticket today.

nah, I've seen dumber on campus.  Actually he's not bad at all , especially considering EVERYONE at Fox and several at CNN/MSNBC. 

25 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Fox should get Newt Gingrich to light Jason Whitlock's farts for an hour straight as an interim plan. CNN should just sell a collapsible water hose and a nonstick pan in Lemon's slot. The ratings would probably be about the same. 

remember when they fired Bill O'Reilly in the same timeslot?  They'll just get another 100% obnoxious right wing juvenile screamer to replace Tucker.  Probably Laura I , temping or perm. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Hook 'Em 1

I thought CNN hired Gayle King to be partnered with Charles Barkley (no shit) to take the morning slot. I was kinda pissed that when CNN shuttered HLN that they didn’t bring on Robin Meade or any of the folks from HLN. Don was a misogynist and an idiot. Tucker was spreading lies and monetizing disinformation and was an asshole to staffers and other on air talent. He will get into deep state podcasts I have no doubt about that. ESPN bloodletting is supposed to start soon. 

41 minutes ago, Proust Bag said:

I saw Tucker on Carolla’s podcast and he said a few things on there about getting into podcasting. I found it odd but now it kinda makes sense. 

Does his fanbase know what podcasts are and do enough of them have high-speed internet?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I don't understand the dislike for Lemon, especially by Surly libs/Democrats.  

nah, I've seen dumber on campus.  Actually he's not bad at all , especially considering EVERYONE at Fox and several at CNN/MSNBC. 

Someone stanning Don Lemon was not on my bingo card today

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Does his fanbase know what podcasts are and do enough of them have high-speed internet?

No. No they do not. Cue thousands of kids or adult children getting phone calls from their olds asking about podcasts and can they watch them on satellite tv in 4…3…2…1…

I know this because a lot of on air talent on the Food Network and shit that my mom watches have transitioned to podcasts and I was asked the very same questions. Answered them and her response was “I am not watching that shit on my phone….”

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yep. I blocked my mom's phone number after the news broke.

It’s for the best. Lol. My mom watches all that Housewives shit and a lot of them have podcasts and I feel like it took many  hours of valuable time out of my life I will never get back and she retained exactly ZERO of what I explained to her and then called my brother who explained the same shit and came back to me with “your brother doesn’t know what he is talking about.” 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

I know I say this like once a month, but if we can just temporarily not have any moral compass...we can literally make enough in the next week to buy a Surly Suite at DKR.  

When your older, more racist family members and in-laws ask you to help them access the new Tucker Carlson "Podcast."  We're going to buy 10,000 old iPods at $1 each, shit they're pretty much free on nextdoor/facebook trader/etc.  and we sell them to Tucker's older fanbase for $50 each and you tell them, "You can only access a PODCAST with an IPOD, that's how it's set up...kinda like how you can only get on tmobile cell coverage with a tmobile phone."  You set up a website, charge 'em $50, send the unit to their address for a couple bucks and the rest is profit.  They receive an object clearly labeled "IPOD" which tracks with the word "PODCAST."  We keep the other $45.  And hey, if they don't know how to update and connect the device, that's for them and their local Apple Genius Bar.  

We could make $500k before anybody knew anything about it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

When your older, more racist family members and in-laws ask you to help them access the new Tucker Carlson "Podcast."  We're going to buy 10,000 old iPods at $1 each, shit they're pretty much free on nextdoor/facebook trader/etc.  and we sell them to Tucker's older fanbase for $50 each and you tell them, "You can only access a PODCAST with an IPOD, that's how it's set up...kinda like how you can only get on tmobile cell coverage with a tmobile phone."  You set up a website, charge 'em $50, send the unit to their address for a couple bucks and the rest is profit.  They receive an object clearly labeled "IPOD" which tracks with the word "PODCAST."  We keep the other $45.  And hey, if they don't know how to update and connect the device, that's for them and their local Apple Genius Bar.  

We could make $500k before anybody knew anything about it.  

and while said totally tongue and cheek, what we have here is a ready-made "how to commit mail fraud" in a 1 paragraph synopsis

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Haha 3

If you can't get convicted for mail fraud for sending out mail pieces to people asking for $50/month and they use the return envelope to send CC info that doesn't openly disclaim that they'll be charged that same amount every month for somebody's legal fees/PAC...then I can sure as shit ship 10,000 used IPODs from a Delaware P.O. Box.  

Everyday in this country, one million pounds of narcotics move around the nation using USPS, UPS, and FedEx.  Pretty sure I can get some old apple schwag out to some old dumbasses.  The law ain't my problem, it's that I have to look at myself in the mirror every day.  And that's tough enough as it is without the fraud.

3 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

He signed off what ended up being his final show on Friday saying he'd be back this week. Apparently they were still airing promos for his show this morning. Something happened in the last few hours. 

Yeah, they made it public that they were firing him. You don't tell someone they're being fired and then let them go on air.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If you can't get convicted for mail fraud for sending out mail pieces to people asking for $50/month and they use the return envelope to send CC info that doesn't openly disclaim that they'll be charged that same amount every month for somebody's legal fees/PAC...then I can sure as shit ship 10,000 used IPODs from a Delaware P.O. Box.  

Everyday in this country, one million pounds of narcotics move around the nation using USPS, UPS, and FedEx.  Pretty sure I can get some old apple schwag out to some old dumbasses.  The law ain't my problem, it's that I have to look at myself in the mirror every day.  And that's tough enough as it is without the fraud.

I nominate you to be customer service for this IPOD/podcast tie in scheme to act as customer service to walk every purchaser through how to sign up for podcasts. You can give them your cellphone and be available 24/7. 

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah, they made it public that they were firing him. You don't tell someone they're being fired and then let them go on air.

We need to get back to that. A good ole fashioned on air firing. Have dudes from security pop in during a segment and walk the person out and throw some random staffer in front of the audience and give them no information on what happened and just go “You’re live…”

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I nominate you to be customer service for this IPOD/podcast tie in scheme to act as customer service to walk every purchaser through how to sign up for podcasts. You can give them your cellphone and be available 24/7. 

You're missing the best part.  Each IPOD shipped comes with a handwritten note that simply states, "Please charge the device first.  Second, call me because I miss you and will walk you through the setup steps and how to download the Tucker Carlson PODCAST for your IPOD.  Love, your favorite grandchild!"  

They call up whomever, they reconnect, they get to talk to their grandkids more, by the time they're done catching up, nobody knows why the fuck they called or what an IPAD is.  It's a win-win.  And we're sitting by the LBJ Fountain earning 20%

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

Don Lemon and Tucker would make for the crossfire from hell. 

They could call it PUYB (Pucker Up Your Buttholes) with Tucker and Lemon. I have no doubt NewNation will try and snag one or both of them as their prime time lineup is Cuomo, Abrams and Banfield currently. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

No. No they do not. Cue thousands of kids or adult children getting phone calls from their olds asking about podcasts and can they watch them on satellite tv in 4…3…2…1…

I know this because a lot of on air talent on the Food Network and shit that my mom watches have transitioned to podcasts and I was asked the very same questions. Answered them and her response was “I am not watching that shit on my phone….”

They'll post the audio to a Geocities site and send it to their AOL accounts with the subject "FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: Tucker Carlson Radio Program! Patriots only!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I have a bad feeling that this will make him more powerful.

But, for today, I'ma laugh my ass off at that unemployed, performance artist, grifting piece of crap.

55 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Nah. A lot of people (most?) don't have OANN, newsmax, and whatnot. Him not being on Fox means far fewer people will see/hear his bullshit.

Yeah, you won't hear much about him going forward, it's like when Bill O'Reilly got fired over the loofah harassment phone calls.  Now you only hear about him when he's pimping some shitty new "history" book that somebody ghostwrote for him.  And arguably O'Reilly had far more of a footprint than Tucker does, since Tucker is sharing his audience with Hannity and Ingraham.

Plus, wherever Tucker ends up, you can bet that they've got a contract with him that forces him to tone down things, because none of the networks he could end up on will have as deep a pockets Fox News does, and they cannot afford defamation lawsuits (or more of them).

There's no other platform (tv or online or otherwise) that would enable him to reach more people.  Somebody may give him more money, but that's a big risk considering he's not quite out of civil trouble yet.  

Only two clear paths forward for him.  He does some interviews and podcasts for a few months and then takes his skillset and what he knows about dead bodies to either advise Russia or he runs for elected office in the United States.  Outside shot would be Head of Comms for a 2024 GOP White House if that's how it turns out.  RNC fucking hates him.