2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

7 minutes ago, sidis said:

watching usc games likely would not have aided your assessment of any individual player.  I am fairly certain that usc did not force a single punt all year.

Yeah, he's got some strikes against him coming from that shitshow.  I wonder if best case is he's got talent, but probably needs actual coaching.

3 hours ago, DeadSalamander said:

Actually I have (travel quite a bit). Here's where a study by US News and World Report has us: 32 out of 50 (2 places above Mississippi). Sorry if reality impacts you're "yeehaw Texas" worldview

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/infrastructure/transportation/road-quality

Texas #32...Mississippi #38...@DeadSalamander that puts Texas "2 places above Mississippi".

confused-no.gif

Anyway, I live in Austin and drive through East Texas, Louisianna, Mississippi and Alabama a couple times a year on my way to my cabin in Northern Georgia.  Louisiana and Mississippi have the worst roads on the drive and it's not even close.  Texas and Georgia have the best...hell, even Alabama isn't too bad.

• Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

Just considering Austin area vs Dallas area (the parts I'm familiar with) you can see how much worse Austin is vs Dallas.

And my biggest issue with the road engineering in Travis/Williamson counties are the stupid off-camber corners everywhere.
I wish they'd engineer them to be on-camber like most states are doing (the proper way).

image.png.8c831b31d22a33fc3879a0092ba10b7a.png

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Well, he's not Sunbelt Conference good but we'll settle for him.

This post just made me realize Mukuba committing is going to get those idiots on the Florida boards hopeful that we now don't have space for Filsaime so I'm looking forward to those threads

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Arkansas is doing a similar thing but they are picking up the A&M rejects

What does one of these even look like?

I assume it must be some combination of being unable to sign their name and being unable to qualify for a loan. 

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - in todays OnTexasFootball Bobby said that Texas told former Notre Dame TE Holden Staes (now a Tenn commit) that they don't currently have a spot available - they are waiting on JaTavion Sanders to announce whether he is staying or going.  If Sanders announces for the NFL, then Texas will re-engage with Staes or move on to other portal TE's if necessary.

So Staes is using the fake UT as a placeholder commitment? Nice.  

Hopefully waiting on JT Sanders doesn't have Holden Staes all in angst like his namesake Holden Caulfield.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Teryor said:

This post just made me realize Mukuba committing is going to get those idiots on the Florida boards hopeful that we now don't have space for Filsaime so I'm looking forward to those threads

about that....

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.