2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

7 hours ago, Newy25 said:

So for the poster who wondered if we would ever field  a three receiver group as good as this year- the answer is yes. Next year we will have a top three to match or exceed 2023. 

No GIF by BLKBOK

That's absolutely not the case, just to be clear

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

That’s the trick to get easy rep on this site.  All you have to do is lean into the one sided view there and you can quickly accumulate rep. It makes Surly vulnerable to trolling which is why I wish you couldn’t earn rep in the CR. 

If they gave points for crying about the cloak room you could probably buy a yacht 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kwix said:

Lane is really growing on me lately 

I’ve gone from disliking him several years ago because I thought he was an entitled little prick, to really enjoying his trolling on Twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 5

44 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

If they gave points for crying about the cloak room you could probably buy a yacht 

Way to mix metaphors to not make any fucking sense. I’m sure that sounded better in your head. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin (IT) says there is mutual interest between Texas and Jabbar Muhammad (and obvious ties with his two cousins Malik Muhammad and Billy Walton playing for Texas).  Jabbar will be in-demand.

He's REALLY going out on a limb there.

Losing out on Jamaree Caldwell sucks but is not the end of the world. I assume Sark will go after another guy, but if he doesn’t, that’s fine. 

Alfred Collins, Sydir Mitchell, Vernon Broughton, Aaron Butler, Jaray Bledsoe are all big, talented guys that were all in the lab with Bo Davis the last 1-2-3 years. Sark will hire a DL coach that should further develop their talent. Texas should be better on the edges and in coverage next year with their mix of young and experienced talent coming in. Both facets will allow the Horns to rely less on interior pressure.

Players develop. Texas has shown that statement to be especially true since Sark arrived. Texas will be mean on the defensive line next year because they’ve shown no reason why they shouldn’t be. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Newy25 said:

That’s the trick to get easy rep on this site.  All you have to do is lean into the one sided view there and you can quickly accumulate rep. It makes Surly vulnerable to trolling which is why I wish you couldn’t earn rep in the CR. 

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 1/9/2024 at 2:25 PM, closetojumping said:

I feel bad for both OSU and Wazzou. I'm not someone lamenting where things have gone in college football, largely because it pretty much all serves to UT's benefit, but I do regret that this happened to those guys and their fans.

Likewise.  I married into an Oregon State family and, even before that, I had a soft spot for the Beavers. They're just a really easy team to root for. My wife, who's family is from Corvallis, is the first member of her family to go somewhere besides OSU (she went to UT, naturally). And now, her entire family has UT as at least their number 2 college team and some of them even have us as their number number 1. Plus, some of her younger relatives (the ones with the requisite grades and test scores, anyway) are looking VERY hard at UT now after hearing my wife and I rave about it. So although the new landscape is probably going to be very good for UT, I'm definitely going to miss watching scrappy, disciplined, well-coached Beaver teams upset Oregon, UW, and USC and ruin their seasons every few years.  

On the plus side, all of us at least got to have a good hearty laugh about DeBoer bolting Washington for Bama. 

It also wouldn't exactly break my heart if her twin professional dancer younger cousins decided to pull the trigger on UT one of these days. One is in community college and the other is on full ride at Oregon and both of their grades and test scores should give them a very solid shot at getting into Texas if they decide to go the transfer route - and they are definitely considering it. And believe me, both of those young ladies are welcome to stay in our guest rooms here in Austin as long as they want 

(No pics, you sickos. I'm pretty sure my FIL is on here and I do NOT want to deal with the blowback from that shit)

Edit: and, just to keep it on topic, I would cut off my left pinky finger to get Silas Bolden to Texas. Maybe even my right. I watched him all year and he's almost like Worthy and Keilan in one package. Not as good as Worthy but I do think he can be better than Keilan and still has untapped potential. I have no doubt Sark would come up with some incredible uses for him and I really hope we get to see it. Trying to cover him and Golden is the kind of thing that keeps DCs awake at night

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Add in Wingo who is different than any receiver on our roster at his size and speed. Next year we will likely have the fastest receiving unit ever at Texas as a whole

Let's not look past DeAndre Moore, either. He's a dude Sark is really high on for good reason. If we add Bond, we're good to go. Oh, of course i have high hopes we land Ryan Williams since he's super high on us (this is my current standing since I haven't read anything else beyond your past to tell me otherwise)

11 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Man, sucks to be that guy. I guess if anyone can try their luck at following the GOAT, it might as well be the dude who got UW to the NC after 2 years of coaching. But I don't think he'll replicate his success, especially considering we've all read he doesn't like to recruit. And Bama wasn't always Bama until Saban got there. Now they'll have to pray to their God that this guy can keep them afloat 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

Losing out on Jamaree Caldwell sucks but is not the end of the world. I assume Sark will go after another guy, but if he doesn’t, that’s fine. 

Alfred Collins, Sydir Mitchell, Vernon Broughton, Aaron Butler, Jaray Bledsoe are all big, talented guys that were all in the lab with Bo Davis the last 1-2-3 years. Sark will hire a DL coach that should further develop their talent. Texas should be better on the edges and in coverage next year with their mix of young and experienced talent coming in. Both facets will allow the Horns to rely less on interior pressure.

Players develop. Texas has shown that statement to be especially true since Sark arrived. Texas will be mean on the defensive line next year because they’ve shown no reason why they shouldn’t be. 

Aaron Bryant got some PT in 22 and we didn’t even see him this year? I thought he looked promising in limited snaps. If we don’t land another portal DT we are probably banking on one of the true freshman to be in the 4-5 man rotation. 

6 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Likewise.  I married into an Oregon State family and, even before that, I had a soft spot for the Beavers. They're just a really easy team to root for. My wife, who's family is from Corvallis, is the first member of her family to go somewhere besides OSU (she went to UT, naturally). And now, her entire family has UT as at least their number 2 college team and some of them even have us as their number number 1. Plus, some of her younger relatives (the ones with the requisite grades and test scores, anyway) are looking VERY hard at UT now after hearing my wife and I rave about it. So although the new landscape is probably going to be very good for UT, I'm definitely going to miss watching scrappy, disciplined, well-coached Beaver teams upset Oregon, UW, and USC and ruin their seasons every few years.  

On the plus side, all of us at least got to have a good hearty laugh about DeBoer bolting Washington for Bama. 

It also wouldn't exactly break my heart if her twin professional dancer younger cousins decided to pull the trigger on UT one of these days. One is in community college and the other is on full ride at Oregon and both of their grades and test scores should give them a very solid shot at getting into Texas if they decide to go the transfer route - and they are definitely considering it. And believe me, both of those young ladies are welcome to stay in our guest rooms here in Austin as long as they want 

(No pics, you sickos. I'm pretty sure my FIL is on here and I do NOT want to deal with the blowback from that shit)

Edit: and, just to keep it on topic, I would cut off my left pinky finger to get Silas Bolden to Texas. Maybe even my right. I watched him all year and he's almost like Worthy and Keilan in one package. Not as good as Worthy but I do think he can be better than Keilan and still has untapped potential. I have no doubt Sark would come up with some incredible uses for him and I really hope we get to see it. Trying to cover him and Golden is the kind of thing that keeps DCs awake at night

I think I literally now know quite a bit more about your family than much of my own, and yes, I know the definition of literally

And, “I had a soft spot for the Beavers” is a pretty good site slogan.

• Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.