2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

6 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

For for olds that's Isaiah Boldens/Bama/ WR's Snapchat on his official visit to TX this wknd at the Lambo dealer. And Bama Oline has accepted he is headed to Texas.

Are the Bama fans gonna be as upset about Bond going to UT as UGA fans were last year with Mitchell going to UT.

• Fuck You 2

Williams means a hell of a lot more to Auburn than he does us. Huge optics win for them if they can pull it off and a giant direct fuck you to Bama. Also gives them a real shot as they try to flip Lacey. Put all that together and it is just very hard for me to imagine Texas offering anything close to what Auburn likely will. It is like how Texas viewed Simmons this cycle. We weren't going to let ourselves be beat out even if things became unreasonable. Auburn is that way with Williams. But they are also... Auburn. So maybe we have a chance. I really doubt it personally. 

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’d like to think you’re not this clueless, but you probably are. 

I will never understand the logic of just pay, and pay this other guy, and this dude is a stud and we have to pay him.  At best, these are naive 30 something year olds still on daddy’s cell plan and car insurance. At worst, it’s simply pure ignorance and dumbassery.  Either way, anyone considering posting such things should do themselves and everyone else a favor by STFU.  

9 hours ago, Fud said:

Given Williams is graduating a full year early and is a summer enrollee, I wonder if the likely ROI is there for what you have to pay for him

We should just wait until he gets pissed off that he has to sit a year because he's the age of a junior in HS sitting behind 21 yr olds and hits the portal in about 11 months. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Did he say this?

Bobby Burton reported that Jahdae Barron did want to get more snaps at CB. Burton speculated further that Barron could potentially get snaps at safety as well. At least that is my recollection.

We are almost to the point of having good problems at DB. I want Muhammad badly but if he comes it certainly feels like someone may be squeezed out or hitting the exits. Even if he doesn’t come it is still pretty crowded.

If Barron really wants snaps at corner, it’s hard to see Muhammad, Brooks, Holmes, Barron and the young pups (Black/Mack) all seeing the field at CB and I’m sure they all envision a role next year. And this is without the older Muhammad factored in.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

Well, as I press send on that. An update from Orangebloods on Muhammad

I hate to bring potentially bad news to the table, but there's a growing sense that this might not be going UT's way.

Not because Texas is getting beat in NIL. Not because he doesn't want to come to Texas vs. another school. Certainly not because the coaches aren't putting in the work.

As I have mentioned before, getting athletes into Texas can be complicated if they are upperclassmen who haven't yet graduated and can't come in as grad students. I can't say that I have any clue about the specific issue that could be serving as potential academic road-block, but the vibe I've received today is that Muhammad's situation is complicated.

No one has done anything wrong. It's just that UT has academic requirements/policies/restrictions that other schools don't and it's probably the biggest foe the program finds itself battling when it comes to bringing in potential incoming transfers.

• Rage+1 3

I hate to bring potentially bad news to the table, but there's a growing sense that this might not be going UT's way.

Not because Texas is getting beat in NIL. Not because he doesn't want to come to Texas vs. another school. Certainly not because the coaches aren't putting in the work.

As I have mentioned before, getting athletes into Texas can be complicated if they are upperclassmen who haven't yet graduated and can't come in as grad students. I can't say that I have any clue about the specific issue that could be serving as potential academic road-block, but the vibe I've received today is that Muhammad's situation is complicated.

No one has done anything wrong. It's just that UT has academic requirements/policies/restrictions that other schools don't and it's probably the biggest foe the program finds itself battling when it comes to bringing in potential incoming transfers.

That update is a nothing burger.

He may/may not get it, WTF?!
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

5e7e0946b147e0a102b3e92a5f706fb6_crop_ex

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Who wrote it? Such is the only competent reporter at Orangebloods. 

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

We should just wait until he gets pissed off that he has to sit a year because he's the age of a junior in HS sitting behind 21 yr olds and hits the portal in about 11 months. 

Agreed. There are proven receivers in the portal every year.  If Bond comes, no reason to pay Ryan Williams this time around.

• Hook 'Em 2

Nahlin 

When I said December and January would provide much more drama than the previous year I had no idea what I was really talking about. This has been non-stop!

For Texas, portal recruiting is still going full steam ahead.

Oregon State wide receiver Silas Bolden is on campus this weekend and IT feels he is a take despite Texas having Matthew Golden in the class and and also pursuing Isaiah Bond. Bolden is a quality receiver but it's likely his special teams work and ability for Sark to add a page to the playbook that has put him over the top as a take. I feel good here but I haven't heard quite enough to put in an RPM.

Kendrick Blackshire is a tough read. Ole Miss is pushing extremely hard for the Alabama linebacker (by way of Duncanville) and often times these things come down to motivation. He might have an easier path to the field in Oxford.

Texas met with Jabbar Muhammad last night and we hear the meeting went well. Oregon had the lead before that meeting but Texas feels like it's right there in the thick of it. This one might have a hangup or two for the coaches to overcome. Purely gut, but I lean towards Oregon winning out at this time. That could change with one phone call, however.

I feel better on Isaiah Bond and Texas than I did when I put in an RPM at 80% confidence. The former Alabama wide receiver isn't as explosive as Xavier Worthy but he's a more natural receiver.

I'll be in and out today. A friend decided today was the best day ever to ask me to help him get his boat off the water and into storage. It's also my nephew's birthday party. It's at Main Event. The place being filled with hundreds of Silas Boldens running jailbreak screens in all directions should remind me to check back in.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

We got Trill Carter from Minnesota in as an upperclassman.  Is Minnesota some kind of American Oxbridge?

More like some players are doing the absolute bare minimum to stay eligible and some try a bit harder than that.

• Hook 'Em 4

For what it’s worth Chin Pubes reported that Auburn has identified 4 or 5 Alabama (state) recruits that they are “not going to be beat for” NIL wise. Williams obviously one. Our qb another ? Was not specific as to which players but the reasoning given is that they need to make a statement in state vs Bama re control. Wrts 

Edited by mantis toboggan
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

For what it’s worth Chin Pubes reported that Auburn has identified 4 or 5 Alabama (state) recruits that they are “not going to be beat for” NIL wise. Williams obviously one. Our qb another ? Was not specific as to which players but the reasoning given is that they need to make a statement in state vs Bama re control. Wrts 

That should be a fun follow - Alabama, I'm sure, feels the same way.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ll ask here.  I feel like there were moments when cook was vocal about under utilized last season.  With golden and bond in   How does this affect the young guys 

I can't remember him being vocal about being under utilized, especially playing as much as he did as a Tree Freshman. That being said he's been very vocal about being supportive of the incoming Golden and Bond

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ll ask here.  I feel like there were moments when cook was vocal about under utilized last season.  With golden and bond in   How does this affect the young guys 

Cook plays. The other guys get better or ride pine this season / hit the Portal.

• Hook 'Em 2

With this staff, system and QB room, I just think you can waste a lot of energy worrying about WR. Guys want to be here or want to leave, great, because there are plenty of other badasses in line behind them. Or in the portal, waiting to be beckoned. 

• Hook 'Em 9

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.