2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Someone posted the other day that this guy has as much rep as he does because he's spent time in the Cloak Room and struck all of the right chords and got pumped up that way. I think it's fatwa time, personally, and if someone in the CR is counterbalancing that shit, they should get some fucking negs too. Rep from the CR causing threads elsewhere to get fucked up by idiots has been a problem from inception. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again - turn off pos rep in the cloak room. Only neg rep. The problem will solve itself because all those chucklefucks will neg each other to death. 

58 minutes ago, immamac said:

Who are we talking about Irish or satya? 

You lump me in with a pants-pissing masochist and a gravy-stuffed pig-fucker? Eat shit, board boss!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:16 PM, SydneyCarton said:

You tell us after you spend the first two weeks glued to all 9 hours or programming every day, Hanneman. 

This is a quote from the $9.95 thread where you called the guy Hanneman. Does that ring a bell? Or is it your typical autocorrect/fatfingering? I fatigued on that thread and stopped clicking. 

14 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Travis Galey
Anwar Richardson
Jason Suchomel
Ketch
Aaron Little
Zachary Symm
Chad Hastings
Blake Skaggs
Chance Mock
Beau Edge
Jason Dick

All I could find so far

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

What a list of idiots. lol. 

Obviously we weren't thinking it was Richardson, Suchomel, or Hastings. If we had a search function worth a shit on this site and people with time, someone would search the other names and see if anything came up in a post somewhere.

The guy who did the detective work was a credible poster on this forum, or I wouldn't vaguely remember the damned post because I would have just dismissed it. Where is this guy? Come claim your prize, man.

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again - turn off pos rep in the cloak room. Only neg rep. The problem will solve itself because all those chucklefucks will neg each other to death. 

You lump me in with a pants-pissing masochist and a gravy-stuffed pig-fucker? Eat shit, board boss!

Apparently I had my wires crossed in my brain and CR had nothing to do with his rep, just to be clear. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Apparently I had my wires crossed in my brain and CR had nothing to do with his rep, just to be clear. 

I think I misread someone who suggested he posted there and I commented on it. In my defense, it is very likely I was tripping balls when I made that post. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I think I misread someone who suggested he posted there and I commented on it. In my defense, it is very likely I was tripping balls when I made that post. 

You trip a lot of balls, according to your posts. I don't know whether that is disturbing or enviable. And yeah, I think you were the culprit who confused me.

• Like 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

You trip a lot of balls, according to your posts. I don't know whether that is disturbing or enviable. And yeah, I think you were the culprit who confused me.

It’s the new chocolate shrooms they sell now. When mixed with seven or eight Tito’s and soda I generally post my best material. If I’m posting past 10pm CST be highly suspect. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is a quote from the $9.95 thread where you called the guy Hanneman. Does that ring a bell? Or is it your typical autocorrect/fatfingering? I fatigued on that thread and stopped clicking. 

Obviously we weren't thinking it was Richardson, Suchomel, or Hastings. If we had a search function worth a shit on this site and people with time, someone would search the other names and see if anything came up in a post somewhere.

The guy who did the detective work was a credible poster on this forum, or I wouldn't vaguely remember the damned post because I would have just dismissed it. Where is this guy? Come claim your prize, man.

I believe I was comparing him to Russ Hanneman, of Silicon Valley and Tres Commas tequila fame. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I think it's fatwa time, personally, and if someone in the CR is counterbalancing that shit,

Weren't you just saying that there was not a healthy enough diversity of posters here to create entertaining banter? An hour or so later you are sharpening the pitchforks and soaking the torches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Anyone we want from Michigan?

3 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

Let the pillaging begin.

If the "30-day open portal after a head coach leaves" rule & roster pillaging existed back in 2020, would Tom Herman have been fired after the 2020 season? I've always felt that Herman should've gotten another season becuz of the new coaching staff + weird COVID year.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 86

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Probably not. Sounds like they are just going to make an internal hire with Moore. 

People have been saying that Harbaugh likely takes the DC with him, so guys on defense may be poachable. Maybe even someone on the staff...

• Hook 'Em 1

I miss the days of weighted rep points sometimes. When Ramjet and Thujone could single handedly neg someone off the board in 2 seconds, or make them a VIP. They were kingmakers until TOR had to screw it up and become a tyrant. Tor is like the HOA president who wouldn't approve landscaping projects unless he got bribes. 
Then you would have the fatwa, where the heavy hitters kept propping the guy up just for fun. That was great. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Some of the cloakroomers had like 4,000 rep in the first month or so of the site.  They definitely suck each other off over and over again.  

Wait, is that bad? I thought eating was bad but sucking was okay?

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Weren't you just saying that there was not a healthy enough diversity of posters here to create entertaining banter? An hour or so later you are sharpening the pitchforks and soaking the torches.

Well, yeah. Listen, on a board loaded with some deeply flawed individuals, your expectations should be lower. I’m capable of being petty, vindictive, inconsistent, churlish, and, albeit rarely, a sociopathic asshole.

I want more board contributors. I want them also to be worth a fuck. I’m not a big fatwa guy. In fact, I generally despise them and have worked to spare various idiots from them. However, occasional exceptions are worthwhile because of the nonsense the given poster creates. 

I really don’t care if Ketchum’s lackey is fatwa’d or not, but he’s a negative contributor to the board. 

If the "30-day open portal after a head coach leaves" rule & roster pillaging existed back in 2020, would Tom Herman have been fired after the 2020 season? I've always felt that Herman should've gotten another season becuz of the new coaching staff + weird COVID year.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I've always felt that Herman should've gotten another season becuz of the new coaching staff + weird COVID year.

Uh, no.

And on second thought, I think we'll go with FUCK NO!

Everyone okay with that?

Edited by Tired Horn
Typo.
  • Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Some of the cloakroomers had like 4,000 rep in the first month or so of the site.  They definitely suck each other off over and over again.  

lol. 

the fact that my joke (which wasn't funny) about him going to cr and balancing it out went over the way it did is objectively funny, and i stand by it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Tired Horn said:

Uh, no.

And on second though, I think we'll go with FUCK NO!

Everyone okay with that?

The bottom line is that Harbaugh is marginally acceptable on the basis of being both weird and an asshole, while Herman is only an asshole. Advantage Harbaugh.

So, yeah it's okay with me.

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I wasn’t going to take part in the fatwa but yeah, that deserved it. 

Go Away Goodbye GIF

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

The bottom line is that Harbaugh is marginally acceptable on the basis of being both weird and an asshole, while Herman is only an asshole. Advantage Harbaugh.

So, yeah it's okay with me.

One is a decent coach and weird though, the other is just weird (kissing players, fake grills, mocking other players, ect), an asshole and not a great coach.  

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

One is a decent coach and weird though, the other is just weird (kissing players, fake grills, mocking other players, ect), an asshole and not a great coach.  

Describing high-gain assholery and attributing it to weirdness is itself weird, so... advantage, you.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

The real question is do we change the board title to “Wolverine Season Now Open” 

+1

• Hook 'Em 1

If my aunt had balls she be my uncle.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.