2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

They have hinted multiple times it is one of the DTs at Michigan.  Bobby in one of the OTF videos was addressing the Michigan fans that their alumni/donors, much like the the Bama ones, were used to the Harbaugh discount.  Now that he is gone, they will need to pony up more money to keep these guys and he said “it may be too late”.  They have also multiple times reference that the DT followed Sark, Ewers, and company only to quickly unfollow them when it was pretty obvious what was happening.  Gerry mentioned that if the specific DT went into the portal with a no communication choice, then this was a done deal.  If not, get ready for a bidding war.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

When GH says there’s a “done deal,” it would seem to indicate a deal has been done to bring in a new player: I don’t think you talk about your departing players in terms of “deals, but my assumption could be wrong. Besides, we already know we need what, six or seven on the current roster to leave to make it to the 85? So yes, there will be departures.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like weve been as clear as we can since December on a lot of this. There’s been a reserve in case the right few guys entered the portal. 2 DTs. They may not wind up with any, but I think at least one is a better bet. They also know of a punter.

2-3 guys from the portal, plus Auburn, gets you to 92-93 guys with an 85 man limit and hardly any dead weight. Now some of you dorks can start worrying about the numbers. 

Thread title change? 

Just now, immamac said:

lol just liked that little quip

Had a nice ring to it. Haha

I want to start the 2025 transfer thread and might use that to do it. Probably about time and it needs happen before one of these humorless bastards gets their mitts on it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like weve been as clear as we can since December on a lot of this. There’s been a reserve in case the right few guys entered the portal. 2 DTs. They may not wind up with any, but I think at least one is a better bet. They also know of a punter.

2-3 guys from the portal, plus Auburn, gets you to 92-93 guys with an 85 man limit and hardly any dead weight. Now some of you dorks can start worrying about the numbers. 

I wonder if we see Silas Bolden reopen his recruitment at some point 

47 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

That is a crowded room. Youd think one of the transfers would bounce. 

I was going to opine here but remembered that I don’t know shit about fuck. 

$9.95 please…. 

Edited by Junior Bonner

Now, we all know this man aint a foosball corch. Don't we?
7270e42971209d0d984caa6974bd76fd.thumb.jpg.708a42e740d112a4f4430247ef55f12e.jpg
Well, neither were Tim Beck, Drew Mehringer and so on, but they among other wastes of oxygen are still drawing paychecks and choosing "football coach" as their profession on tax paperwork.

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You guys get spun up about the wrong things. Nothing has changed for Bolden since he committed. Could he have a change of heart? Sure. That said, they have a place on this team for him that involves plenty of touches. 

Whether or not they took a couple of jaggy true freshmen has no real bearing on the WR room. If they leave, okay. If Niblett leaves, okay. They’ve got like 6-7 guys who will plenty of snaps this year and then 2-3 of them will go to the NFL. Rinse and repeat. 

I'm just looking at where to clear space for the 2-3 transfers. WR has at least 3 guys who we don't really need. DL has 1-2. RB has 1. TE has 1. OL has 1-2. Otherwise, we don't have a lot of fat to trim.

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I'm just looking at where to clear space for the 2-3 transfers. WR has at least 3 guys who we don't really need. DL has 1-2. RB has 1. TE has 1. OL has 1-2. Otherwise, we don't have a lot of fat to trim.

My attrition predictions:

Savion Red
Malik Agbo
Andre CoJoe
Zac Swanson
Austin Jordan
Jaylon Guilbeau - I think one of Jordan/Guilbeau leave
S'maje Burrell

Sydir Mitchell - This is going off of things CTJ has posted

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Savion Red
Malik Agbo
Andre CoJoe
Zac Swanson
Austin Jordan
S'maje Burrell

Parker Livingstone better not unpack his bags. /CTJ

Just now, Red Five said:

Add a couple of the 360 lb.+ guys.

Holy shit, Max Merrill is still on the team? And has never actually played in a game in his time at Texas. That's amazing.

image.png.5af10bbc4b553c8fac32acbe3eae5e55.png

Max Merrill, per CTJ, is an untouchable don that you don't want to upset his family because they rich rich.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Max Merrill, per CTJ, is an untouchable don that you don't want to upset his family because they rich rich.

Ive seen a couple of.sideline shots of him sitting on the bench all by himself. That has to be an uncomfortable situation for the young man 

I imagine Peyton Kirkland is heading home to continue recovering and to have a chance at future PT. He has next to no path to the field here.

I like Niblett, but it makes sense for him to leave.

Red, same as Niblett. Like him a lot though

Tapp and Swanson wouldn't shock me too much

Juan Davis makes sense, but who knows if he wants to go before he graduates

Sydir Mitchell hurts, but only based on what we think he could be.

Austin Jordan 

S'maje Burrell if he wants playing time sooner rather than later. Another big time LB class this cycle could also have the writing on the wall.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

Let's hope Max Merrill finally decides to see the light 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Add a couple of the 360 lb.+ guys.

Holy shit, Max Merrill is still on the team? And has never actually played in a game in his time at Texas. That's amazing.

image.png.5af10bbc4b553c8fac32acbe3eae5e55.png

He's also a RS-JR, I believe. Dude has his degree so he needs to just move the fuck on, or put him on medical scholarship for sucking so bad he's incapable of touching grass outside of a sideline 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They can’t afford to pay for their own tuition?  Take a medical hardship and free up a spot on the team.  Too much to ask?🤷

6 hours ago, Atticus said:

I imagine Peyton Kirkland is heading home to continue recovering and to have a chance at future PT. He has next to no path to the field here.

I like Niblett, but it makes sense for him to leave.

Red, same as Niblett. Like him a lot though

Tapp and Swanson wouldn't shock me too much

Juan Davis makes sense, but who knows if he wants to go before he graduates

Sydir Mitchell hurts, but only based on what we think he could be.

Austin Jordan 

S'maje Burrell if he wants playing time sooner rather than later. Another big time LB class this cycle could also have the writing on the wall.

Juan isn’t going anywhere unless something really changed from the coaching staff and what they have told him frankly. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/7/2024 at 9:23 AM, Vito Andolini said:

Does this populate as a viewable post, or just a link?

https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/1167-spring-football-2024-updated-scholarship-count/?do=findComment&comment=13806

If not, Gerry Hamilton posted this at the OTF site (in the same thread where the guy was de-pantsed by CTJ and RGBIII). Scholarship numbers/transfer portal activity the subjects being discussed, so I take this as good news we have a late window transfer on the way.

Two names were brought up yesterday while on campus for the recruiting event. One is a done deal in a couple of weeks. 

image.png.8bfff6081c473e68f97783211cbf992a.png

30 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

image.png.8bfff6081c473e68f97783211cbf992a.png

If posting a screen shot is your way of asking if Gerry named names, he did not, which is smart on his part. The italicized section was all he wrote (the link is there for you to check out the comment yourself). The newsworthy part is GH saying one player is a “done deal.” I take that to mean an incoming transfer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

If posting a screen shot is your way of asking if Gerry named names, he did not, which is smart on his part. The italicized section was all he wrote (the link is there for you to check out the comment yourself). The newsworthy part is GH saying one player is a “done deal.” I take that to mean an incoming transfer. 

l1EcT86-272201416.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hell, y'all know as well as I do that they will only care about winning one game next year.

good luck with that - better chance of 77-0.

• Drool 1

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM just got a commitment from yet another DE transferring from UCF. Dude was a team captain, but he amassed 47 tackles and zero sacks last season. Anyway, in reading the moderators on the aggie 247 site, it appears that they're gearing up for a number of new portal exits, particularly from the DL. The strongest part of their roster, with the most talent, is at Edge and DT. They're about to exchange more 4 and 5 stars heading out for more try-hards heading into the program.

listen when you have the chance to get a DE who gets a sack once every 6.1 games he starts (and he's started 37 in a row) you take that opportunity. 37 game started in a row, 6 sacks, 0 sacks in the 13 he started last year.

they really are going to fucking suck next year and end up with Melko having to turn over some of his staff in Y2

12 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hell, y'all know as well as I do that they will only care about winning one game next year.

who on this roster scares you?

image.thumb.png.b0382b15a39ea4114c27e5c587de8a91.png
image.thumb.png.fb9ccece274ecf5074cef27492ee1345.png

at this point, Texas bringing back this much talent and not tattooing that ass by 3 TDs next year in College Station is an unacceptable result.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

listen when you have the chance to get a DE who gets a sack once every 6.1 games he starts (and he's started 37 in a row) you take that opportunity. 37 game started in a row, 6 sacks, 0 sacks in the 13 he started last year.

BDF trash.  thought they were better than that?!?!

On 4/8/2024 at 10:07 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Savion Red
Malik Agbo
Andre CoJoe
Zac Swanson
Austin Jordan
S'maje Burrell

ima say Guilbeau isn’t on the list 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.