2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

I see the Deion Joke got taken out of hand. 

also PFF grade Brooks was the best coverage corner. Which wasn’t that hard since we weren’t that good pass wise. Is not rocket science.  Of course Muhammad was better but I was going off PFF

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Well, shit. Our questionable secondary did not need to lose a starter. 

I mean, he was a huge part of why our secondary is questionable. He’s blown more coverages than anyone since he got here and doesn’t appear to have the mental ability/eyes to play Quarters. He was routinely blowing coverages on Quarters-beaters that require a DB to stay disciplined in their reads.

He also wasn’t a guaranteed starter next year, so it hurts depth, but it’s not the end of the world, especially when you take into account opportunity cost of NIL money and a possible transfer addition between now and the Fall. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Knew something was up with him when he had no excitement when the team found out they were going to the Sugar Bowl.  Had a look like now I have to wait a little while longer to transfer.  

He seemed to get worse the longer he was here.  

Players in the secondary are still looking lost after 3 years of the same system.  Something has got to change.  

Per Bobby as of last night no more starters are expected to enter. Brooks was the only one he's heard thus far. Jhadae was getting 1st team reps over Brooks at corner this spring as well according to Bobby. 

Wonder if Jhadae will go full time corner with Guilbeau coming on and what we brought in from portal?

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Bobby as of last night no more starters are expected to enter. Brooks was the only one he's heard thus far.

I know we are splitting hairs here but I don't know how anyone could consider Brooks a guaranteed starter after the Spring game. 

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

SIAP

1*uhjwrYFLrBGIHIXE3RgITg.png

Dammit I was actually thinking of my first thread title change suggestion but obviously too slow. That would be perfect for a couple of days. 

2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks was here. So was Red. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Well, he could transfer again.

Jabbar Muhammad  is too small... need a taller, longer type player to replace Brooks.

Per Bobby Burton live this afternoon, there will likely be other Texas players to enter the portal soon but he's not aware of any starters.

Edited by LTtxfan
Avoid Jabbar jokes

43 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Justin Wells knows less about the program than the most idiotic poster in this forum.

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Bobby as of last night no more starters are expected to enter. Brooks was the only one he's heard thus far. Jhadae was getting 1st team reps over Brooks at corner this spring as well according to Bobby. 

Wonder if Jhadae will go full time corner with Guilbeau coming on and what we brought in from portal?

I don't think Texas is going to have to start Barron at CB this year, but if they did, light the cigarettes now because we've already been fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

While I just torched Joseph in a post just above, I forgot to add that Brooks was not good either. I already expected him to lose his starting role. I’m not worried about this loss other than for depth. But since he’s unhappy that would be bad depth. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.3b396f47b1e9a3eaa244128d782fbcd4.png

According to Bobby this sounds like a decent player wanted star NIL money and Sark said no. Perhaps Sark said "No, that money is slotted for Tacario Davis". Welcome to the new world of college football

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I already expected him to lose his starting role. I’m not worried about this loss other than for depth. But since he’s unhappy that would be bad depth. 

Well, apparently he expected to lose his starting role as well.

I feel kinda bad about putting old LTX up there, but the pictoral needed more images. 

Just now, tokamak said:

Is Tacario Davis even in the portal? Just some quick Googling brings up articles about him still being with Arizona this spring.

He's got till April 30th to enter the portal. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Why would you ever ignore helobious? Just look at his predictions and the opposite will be true. 

I never said or implied I ignored Helobious. I challenged the idea that he knows more about the Texas program than Justin Wells. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

@HtownHorn exists, sir. 

And Bobby Batronic. But I just skimmed the last few pages, I wasn't willing to do an onerous search. Additionally, some sacks of hammers like realgreggygym don't have avatars. Ditto BillFromLakeTravis, who has had some epically bad takes the past few months. 

Edited by SydneyCarton