Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

When I was a kid, Rod Carew just out of nowhere one season came out with a weird new batting stance where he held the bat kind of flat behind him, almost parallel to the ground.  And of course he was hitting about .350 that way.  So, I decided to try that in a Little League game, because my stance was modeled after the old Carew stance.  I hit two foul dribblers down the 1B line (late) and my coach called time out and walked down the line and put his arm around me:

Coach: "Why are you holding the bat like that?"

Me: "I'm trying to hit like Rod Carew."

Coach: "You are not Rod Carew, now swing the bat like you know how to."

I feel like Pierce or somebody needs to have that conversation with Kennedy.

So you did not have mad hits like Rod Carew?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

When I was a kid, Rod Carew just out of nowhere one season came out with a weird new batting stance where he held the bat kind of flat behind him, almost parallel to the ground.  And of course he was hitting about .350 that way.  So, I decided to try that in a Little League game, because my stance was modeled after the old Carew stance.  I hit two foul dribblers down the 1B line (late) and my coach called time out and walked down the line and put his arm around me:

Coach: "Why are you holding the bat like that?"

Me: "I'm trying to hit like Rod Carew."

Coach: "You are not Rod Carew, now swing the bat like you know how to."

I feel like Pierce or somebody needs to have that conversation with Kennedy.

Did you convert to Judaism?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Gordon's pitch count was not that elevated. Pierce must be thinking about bringing him in for an inning or 2 later in this regional. 

Sure is risky though. 

Had some stressful innings and it’s a different type of heat in Miami. But I’m sure what you said crossed his mind too.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Gordon's pitch count was not that elevated. Pierce must be thinking about bringing him in for an inning or 2 later in this regional. 

Sure is risky though. 

I don't like pulling him at all but yeah, that has to play into it.  They probably hope to use him for an inning or two Monday or even Sunday.

Sure is risky though. 

Craig Way confirmed that Gordon may be available if a winner take-all game happens later in this regional...

I wish we would see more of this with Morehouse. I don't know why they throw so many secondary pitches. 

Keep throwing the fastball until they can hit it. Just keep throwing it hard over the plate. 

This aged poorly