Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I think it should be an expectation we win this regional. Anything less would be a disappointment. 

Miami is good, we can definitely win this regional but Miami can play. Hit .300 as a team with 111 HRs

13 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Not great Bob

I doubt it will happen but I said in another thread Pierce needs to move Witt to the bullpen. Build the back end around Witt and Whitehead, mix in Duplantier starting him with clean innings.

Lot of pressure on Lucas and LBJ similar to Pete and Lucas last year. We will see if they can handle it.

Hopefully Lucas pitches great on Friday so you can unload every arm against Miami on Saturday because going 2-0 is a must for this group

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, torre said:

One game at a time, 'fellas.

ULL has stolen 161 bases on 218 attempts (#3 in NCAA)

.288 BA, 4.73 era, .982 FP 

Head coach is Matt Deggs,  former asst at Arkansas under Van Horn and aggy (Childress).  Succeeded Pierce at SHSU prior to ULL.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/baseball/stats/2023

Deggs is a solid coach. Built off Pierces success at Sam and got to a super in year 3 and they've regressed since he left. 

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

after the capitulation in our tournament, let's go 1 game at a time please

posting other brackets is not merited given what happened last week

Was not trying to “look ahead.” That’s just how the info was posted. I know as well as anyone on here how shitty this team can be.

3 hours ago, torre said:

One game at a time, 'fellas.

ULL has stolen 161 bases on 218 attempts (#3 in NCAA)

.288 BA, 4.73 era, .982 FP 

Head coach is Matt Deggs,  former asst at Arkansas under Van Horn and aggy (Childress).  Succeeded Pierce at SHSU prior to ULL.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/baseball/stats/2023

Bill? Bill in Stinton?

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Damn, scoring must have been crazy this season in college. Texas has the best ERA of the 8 teams in our bracket at 4.13.

It is way up, yet somehow we have a lower ERA right (4.13) then what we ended up with last year (4.28). I'd be interested to know how many teams lowered their ERA this year compared to last. Can't be very many.

I think a big reason is strike zones are shrinking. I know in the SEC they changed some of the ways umpires get graded and evaluated. Now it is off trackman data so the zones all of a sudden got super small this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

NSIAP, but rest of weekend regional schedule:

Elimination game-Saturday 11:00a-CDT

Winner's Bracket-Saturday 5:00p-CDT

Elimination game-Sunday 11:00a-CDT 

Winner's Bracket-Sunday 5:00p-CDT

Monday if Necessary-TBD

tv-tbd.  Longhorn bias aside, I gotta think any games with Miami & Texas will get a look from the non-ESPN+ assets of the Mouse.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think a big reason is strike zones are shrinking. I know in the SEC they changed some of the ways umpires get graded and evaluated. Now it is off trackman data so the zones all of a sudden got super small this year.

What a perfect fit for the many highly accurate arms in our bullpen. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

If this team had a 1 run lead in the 9th I have no idea who would trot out there. That’s not a place you want to be in the postseason.

Well, then we'd better not give up 11 runs in the first 8 innings and put ourselves in that spot...

Ayyy I watched those guys Sunday. Looked good until they ran out of pitchers and from then on Clemson beat the shit out of them. A+ walkout music team - Bad Bunny and other Caribbean artists instead of the usual Toby Keith / Morgan Wallen / etc. Absolute trashbag fans - screaming and swearing at the refs with kids around and the like.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6ade4d9b8b609ebba8c250915f2cd52.jpeg

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 11:15 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Very favorable region for us. 

I'm not sure anything is favorable but it is funny how transparent the NCAA is.  Texas and Stanford win they get Texas on west coast for a super and late night eyeballs.  pair us with aggy as the 2 and they potentially get Texas aggy super.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ayyy I watched those guys Sunday. Looked good until they ran out of pitchers and from then on Clemson beat the shit out of them. A+ walkout music team - Bad Bunny and other Caribbean artists instead of the usual Toby Keith / Morgan Wallen / etc. Absolute trashbag fans - screaming and swearing at the refs with kids around and the like.

*umps

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It seems like the Florida regionals always have rain delays

I remember the last time we had a nice long rain delay in Florida. We kicked the shit out of FSU (who got screwed by the committee) and went on the beat an Ole Miss team that was just as good and equally screwed by the committee. I believe Texas went on to win the whole thing, so…🤘🏼

59 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I remember the last time we had a nice long rain delay in Florida. We kicked the shit out of FSU (who got screwed by the committee) and went on the beat an Ole Miss team that was just as good and equally screwed by the committee. I believe Texas went on to win the whole thing, so…🤘🏼

The first was in 2003 and the second at Ole Miss was in 2005.

Yeah FSU was the national #1 seed and their reward was to get the defending champs for their Super Regional. Augie completely mindfucked Mike Martin's team. It was amazing.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2023 at 8:35 PM, YGIFS said:

NSIAP, but rest of weekend regional schedule:

Elimination game-Saturday 11:00a-CDT

Winner's Bracket-Saturday 5:00p-CDT

Elimination game-Sunday 11:00a-CDT 

Winner's Bracket-Sunday 5:00p-CDT

Monday if Necessary-TBD

tv-tbd.  Longhorn bias aside, I gotta think any games with Miami & Texas will get a look from the non-ESPN+ assets of the Mouse.  

All of our games are simulcast on LHN if they are on ESPN+.

• Hook 'Em 2

Cool.  Cool.  I don't what the fuck with our Disney+ subscription.  Some ESPN+ games we get no problem, others don't even show up on the menu.  As I said, brand loyalty aside, I can't see any way ESPN/2/U would pass on a Texas/Miami matchup later in the weekend.  If it shakes out that way.  

Really bummed to hear about the injuries though.  Saw several busses leaving east campus earlier today, in what I assume is either the team headed to Coral Gables or some sort of bizarre training video.

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Cool.  Cool.  I don't what the fuck with our Disney+ subscription.  Some ESPN+ games we get no problem, others don't even show up on the menu.  As I said, brand loyalty aside, I can't see any way ESPN/2/U would pass on a Texas/Miami matchup later in the weekend.  If it shakes out that way.  

Really bummed to hear about the injuries though.  Saw several busses leaving east campus earlier today, in what I assume is either the team headed to Coral Gables or some sort of bizarre training video.

They can't be driving on busses to Miami. We better be flying the boys out. We're Texas.